ID 183 - Powergaming (PG)

Player(s) being reported: * Did catch the name *
Date of interaction reported: 19/05/2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1589915887

Your characters name: Mickey_Johnson

Other player(s) involved: 

Specific rule(s) broken:

10. Powergaming (PG)

• Forceful roleplay that does not give the other player a chance to roleplay their own response is considered powergaming. Other players must be given a chance to roleplay outcomes of actions.

• Roleplay of unrealistic actions like super strength is another form of powergaming.

• All statements in /DO must be factually true in the roleplay as it sets grounds for roleplay.

• Roleplay is required before forceful server commands which may be used without consent from the other party if they are unresponsive and not typing for 30 seconds or more. 

• A player cannot use the faction management script to destroy a faction as it is OOC.

• Government funded faction members must not abuse the salary system and must go off-duty when they are not performing their faction duties.

• If you perform an action which will influence potential RP in the future, you must have OOC evidence of performing said RP. 

• OOC evidence should consist of a recording or screenshot and it needs to be timestamped (/time).

• RP would only be valid for 48 hours or until your character dies and NLR is triggered. The time limit does not apply to rule 7.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

So this guy was selling a gun to another guy, i took out my phone to call the police. 

While i was mid way typing in chat, he just shot me dead, before i was even able to Roleplay the situation, and then he just took off.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2102296699 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2102296642

These are the only screenshot i could get quickly.

PLAYER REPORT PENDING RESPONSES

Thank you for your patience while this report is under review. 

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, I have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. The following players will be required to provide their side of the story from this situation within the next twenty-four (24) hours:

• Tyler_Rogers - ID 183 - Please give your side of the events and your explanation of killing another player without roleplay. Do you have any footage of this event?

If the players above fail to respond to this report within the next twenty-four (24) hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
RedHot & flow

Hello! I am ID 183 in this incident, thankfully I recorded my footage in this situation. The person reporting me had WITNESSED me and another individual talk and confirm our sale of drug tables. I assumed the man on the bike was with the person I was selling to. During the process of me dropping the tables, the man is seen calling the police on his phone directly in front of us. I find this to be Non-RP as he could've easily went around the block and called police like any person realistically would. I gave clear demands telling him to get off the bike and then to stop the call, the man doesn't obey my demands and continues typing and finishes his police call. I then shot the man as I found this to be a situation where he should be displaying Fear-RP. You can try to argue that like you said in VOIP "I was mid typing" but you clearly saw and heard the gun and still continued your call, whether you are a slow typer or not. However you didn't seem to report for DM you reported for powergaming. I don't understand in any way how this is powergaming, you rp'ed calling police in front of a drug deal and not listening to my demands and I rp'ed shooting you. It was cut short due to your actions.

PLAYER REPORT DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this report was under review.

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, I have decided to deny this report for the following reason(s):

• Although it was a quick situation, you heard his demands and still pressed enter to send the message. We will not be issuing any punishments as we feel it all happened very quickly.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, if you post another player report pertaining to this incident, you may be muted from posting on the forums for a temporary period. If you disagree with the outcome of this report, please file an appeal following the appeal guidelines and format.

Regards,
RedHot & flow