Msato

15. Player Theft, Prison Breakout, and Kidnapping

Crime levels vary in areas irl, run down areas are more likely to have higher crime rates than richer neighbourhoods. 

The following should be added as a sub point to the current rule:

"Known gang turfs and lower income areas are subject to higher and less restrictive criminal activity" 

This would resolve the current issues of criminals "abusing" the rule that was added in order to protect civilians, whilst adding a realistic dynamic to crime levels in seperate areas of the city. 

An example, Grove Street is far more likely to have a street robbery, than an area of Vinewood. 

• Like 16

I think the part about “lower income” areas should be removed, as it has no real merit on this server. I’ve seen 1Gs and 2Gs around Grove and Jamestown go for more than 1Gs and 2Gs 2 blocks from the bank. Otherwise adding a part allowing room in the rules for something like this would be good RP.

• Like 1

Totally agree with that, another thing I would like to point out is the fact that its 90% crims that are trying to abuse this rule which makes crim RP really hard and boring with nothing to do but planting and cooking the whole time cuz whenever you choose to chase someone he just goes to a gas station, market or any where that would be considered "public" so he can abuse the rule and not lose his stuff. Proof is that most reports being made are by crims who got robbed by other crims for IC actions that deserved such an IC consequences.

This one rule should be more flexible than it is right now when it comes to crim vs crim RP, identifying someone as a rival gang member that you're having beef with at the time is enough of a reason to rob them, even if they didnt have worthy stuff, you still proved dominance against them.

• Like 3

+1 Honestly, something needs to change and soon. CrimRP is dying out because people are scared to do anything out of a fear of an OOC punishment. I don't even care about PD anymore or prison time, it's the OOC punishment that may come along with it. I'll be asked straight up like "Is robbing someone here okay" and I don't even have the answers to that question and that's a problem. I need to know what to tell my guys other than "I wouldn't do it if we're unsure"

+1

Totally agree with this addition to the current rule and I'll go even further, not only to the Grove Street area.

About all the criminals that are complaining about this rule, think about something. This is a game, a RP server. Players are supposed to have fun here and interact with other players, not only to look over shoulders every second. How can I make friends if in the second when I stop near a random player he will either start running or pull a gun on me? I got robbed couple of times and never complained about that, even in those moments when the robbers were acting like fools and the only gain was a crate, some clothes or maybe some ore, never something valuable. The only time when I reported someone for robbing me was when I was at the Oil Fields and two players robbed me without any kind of RP, with an axe and took me the hat, the watch and the crate with little oil inside.

I totally agree that the "High risk, low reward" rule has to be clear for every player from this server and not to rob people everywhere and every time. In which world or life you'll see 2, 4 or maybe more guys stopping a poor man who's driving a cheap van and rob his ass for nothing else than something worth 1-2k? The risk is way to high for something like this, not considering that in the end you'll have to sell the stuff and split the money.

Something has to be set on Eclipse and to stop this robbing attitude that even the New Players have it. Let's find a way to make this server enjoyable for every player, not only for the criminals or gangs. I also agree with the criminal side, because now they are the most affected, but some "bad areas" has to be defined and each player that goes there has to accept if he got robbed. It's a risk that everybody has to assume.

7 minutes ago, RAttlesnake7473 said:

Gonna +1 this again, I honestly feel this is partly an ic issue. If your going to rob someone in the middle of the road and possibly be ID'd by cops thats your fault. There shouldn't be and OOC reason to not rob someone.

Bang on bro if the players a dumb criminal they'll do that type of shit if you're smart you'll think before you act + when it comes to moving around the whole map you'll be more on alert and not lack to prevent being robbed by another player with the player base we have now it defo should be an IC issue 

Edited by JayG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.