ID 232 Fear RP, OOC and IC Mixing, OOC Insults

Player(s) being reported: ID 232
Date of interaction reported: 4/14/2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 428 | 1586896064
Your characters name: Tyler_Rogers

Other player(s) involved: None

Specific rule(s) broken:
Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life.

• Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is considered to be in direct danger:

• When you are on foot or bike and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.

• When you’re in a vehicle that is stalled or turned off and a weapon is aimed at you close range.

• When the attacker lowers their weapon to type or roleplay, your life remains in direct danger.

• Driving a vehicle into an active shootout more than once without the intent of providing cover for a friend or yourself, or fleeing with it.

• Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is NOT considered to be in direct danger:

• When you are in a car which engine is not stalled.

• When you have a firearm drawn and are facing the other person before they attacked.

• When the attacker’s view is obstructed by an object or when they turn their back on you.

• As a victim, whose life is in direct danger:

• You must display reasonable value for your life and comply with the demands of your attacker.

• You cannot call 911 or call your friends or allies to aid you.

IC and OOC Interactions

• Players are required to remain in-character (IC) at all times.

• Text chat, VOIP, radio, phone and commands like /ME and /do are to be used only for IC content.

• IC content must not contain acronyms like “lol” or “u” or smiley faces excluding IC SMS.

• For OOC content, players must use chat commands that encase the content in brackets. For example: (( this is OOC content )). OOC chat commands are /OOC, /O, /B, /PM and /F.

• OOC videos or screenshots can be used as IC evidence only if the footage contains the character using the /RECORD command to hold a phone in their hand.

• Property interiors can have cameras only if the owner roleplays installation and takes time stamped screenshots with the camera angle as evidence. Exteriors only if there is an object.

• You may roleplay a hidden camera, wire, or dash cam in a vehicle if recordings are unedited and include roleplay starting and ending. Attempts to search must be answered truthfully in /do.

• Sexual, torture, or extremely gross roleplay is allowed only if all involved parties (participants and witnesses) have agreed to it in OOC text chat, prior to the actual roleplay being performed.

• Only administrators are allowed force pause RP or investigate rule breaches.

• Only administrators are allowed to void roleplay scenarios at their discretion.

• Players are welcome to voice their opinion but should never disobey administrators.

• A /REPORT does not pause roleplay unless an admin does so

Advertising and Public Chat

• It is prohibited to advertise or discuss other GTA V multiplayer communities on any ECLIPSE platform including self created content promoted on ECLIPSE platforms.

• All players must be able to communicate in English and IC chat must be English only.

• Foreign language in-character must be done as such: “[Language] English Text”

• Other languages may be used in private only if everyone who can see has agreed to it.

• Players may use offensive language in IC chat for roleplay but not excessively.

• Players must not threaten other players or use offensive language in OOC chat or OOC context.  

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I don't report often but this report made any sort of RP unbearable. I was camping the individual's house after he had (debatably) fear rp'ed in front his door while entering. I waited outside for a brief moment until the man exited the house. I wanted to try to RP a house raid and get inside as he was mentioning earlier he had multiple guns inside his house. I tried robbing him and as seen in the video he didn't fear for his life and kept calling me names and refusing to unlock his door. Secondly, he OOC and IC mixed by saying at the end of the video and in the screenshot below, something along the lines of you can't forum report me and then mentioning a rule. Thirdly, I was insulted over 3 times in OOC which made me decide to add this to the report. Like I said, I don't report often but these type of players shouldn't be on this server.

Evidence of rule breach:

495420623_OOCinsults.JPG.f9f9a735f5d945720f09359a05089759.JPG76807161_mixing1.JPG.fe2778f8a2ac0cc3c9f1ff4223c04c54.JPG

https://streamable.com/5i2qm5

PENDING REVIEW
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Thank you for submitting this player report.

This report will now be pending review by myself and @MrSilky. We ask that you please refrain from going back and forth in this report while everything is being looked over. We appreciate your patience!!.

Regards,
Sr. Support Kat

PENDING RESPONSE

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Dylan_Joseph (232) - Why did you show no fear for your own life when there was a gun pointed to your head? Why did you talk not in /o referring to your inventory and the forums? If the reporting party saw you enter and exit your house why did you not open it, and lastly are you aware that it is against the rules to insult someone out of character? Do you have video of your POV from this situation?

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Sr. Support Kat

10 hours ago, kitkatkait said:

PENDING RESPONSE

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Dylan_Joseph (232) - Why did you show no fear for your own life when there was a gun pointed to your head? Why did you talk not in /o referring to your inventory and the forums? If the reporting party saw you enter and exit your house why did you not open it, and lastly are you aware that it is against the rules to insult someone out of character? Do you have video of your POV from this situation?

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Sr. Support Kat

Where I am from if someone had a gun to my head and demanded I hand over my items to them and let them in my house they would have to kill me for that. I was simply roleplaying how I would act and talk in real life including the insults. I was not aware that insults were not allowed that is just how I would talk if something like that really happened to me. When I talked in character about out of character things it was on accident and I meant to /ooc but the conversation was happening so fast that I forgot to type /ooc. I was in the middle of the loading bar to enter my house when the man hopped out and pointed a gun at me which is why I came back out of my house. I also have no video to accompany this.

REPORT ACCEPTED

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, we've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following player(s):

• @DylanJCall Dylan_Joseph (232) - NonRP FearRP, OOC behavior, Mixing - Per FearRp rules you cannot ignore demands, and show no value for your own life when you have a gun aimed at you so closely with clear demands. Because he saw you entering your home - or unlocking in this case - it did give him rights to force you to unlock it. So because you refused, you therefore broke FearRP. You are also receiving a warning for OOC mixing. In the future make sure you are taking the time to respond appropriately. VOIP is STRICTLY for IC use only. Make sure you follow this at all times!

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,
Sr. Support Kat

Sr. Moderator MrSilky