King Zaki

Alias Names Suggestions

Just now, Reevesy202 said:

Im not having this argument any more, people agree, people disagree.  This has been going on for months now.  What I am saying now is do not attack people the way people have been going off in here. 

If nametags were hidden completely whilst in a vehicle with blacked out windows or something just to stop you being pulled over for someone seeing you name, maybe it would be better, who knows.  (Yes I get you might know someones car but they could be in a group with anyone else, or just bought a new car - not saying the same car every time).
That's the only idea I have for it being improved but still might not be right.

Right, I understand. If they can block names in vehicles, sure. We use the license plate to pull people over btw. 

Just now, flow said:

Right, I understand. If they can block names in vehicles, sure. We use the license plate to pull people over btw. 

Yeah which is why I stated if there was a group of people in the car.  Would help learn rp of who hangs out with who etc as a reason to pull someone over.  You could just pull them over to see if they know where their known associate is.

2 minutes ago, Reevesy202 said:

Yeah which is why I stated if there was a group of people in the car.  Would help learn rp of who hangs out with who etc as a reason to pull someone over.  You could just pull them over to see if they know where their known associate is.

Yeah that is a good idea. To be completely honest, I'm not 100% sold on aliases either. But it's better than nothing. I would have prefered a system where you have to /introduce yourself to someone for the name to be visible. But whatever, we have to use what we're handed.

Edited by flow

1 minute ago, flow said:

Yeah that is a good idea. To be completely honest, I'm not 100% sold on aliases either. But it's better than nothing. I would have prefered a system where you have to /introduce yourself to someone for the name to be visible. But whatever, we have to use what we're handed.

Same.  Any DISCUSSION about how to make certain things better is good.  Just not some of the crap pulled in this thread.  Keep it civil now boys.

First, i want to give shoutout to the devs for implementing this.

Suggestions for changes :

1. Display real names for your own faction members automatically

2. As suggested earlier in the thread, remove name tags completly if you are inside a car. A compromise would be to only show name tags of ppl in cars if you are like REALLY CLOSE  to it, like 1 meter or something.

3. Prevent the PD from building an Alias list/database to share in between eachoter, illigal non aproved registers are just that illigal, and should be punishable if used. It was a bit funny that the PD put up roadblocks and forced ppl to hand over their licenses directly after the server update yesterday. You got the feeling it was done to simply pull ppls names.

4. Heavy Plastic surgery should give you a new Alias ID.

Edited by Vimes

5 minutes ago, Vimes said:

1. Display real names for your own faction members automatically

Until you have met people you can't just know their name, if they are in your faction or not.  I don't think this should be a thing.

Edited by Reevesy202

1 minute ago, Reevesy202 said:

Until you have met people you can't just know their name, if they are in your faction or not.  I don't think this should be a thing.

Its just quality of life issue, most factions will just do a mass meetup or solve it thru discord, so i dont see the harm in making it automatic.

3 minutes ago, Reevesy202 said:

So MG, yeah?

The faction im in did a mass meetup, even tough we knew eachoter from before, but im sure some factions will solve it thru discord. But ya, you have to be close to someone to add an alias anyway so, you cant add an alias for someone that are far away i think.

Edited by Vimes

2 minutes ago, Vimes said:

The faction im in did a mass meetup, even tough we knew eachoter from before, but im sure some factions will solve it thru discord.

No, Metagaming is not fine.  That goes for the factions with a list of their numbers on their faction discord for everyone to know.

If I meet a person and I don't know who that is, that person could give me a false name and I would have no way of knowing that, isn't that a bit interesting? Also, I don't think that many people pay much attention to character faces, some faces might look very similar and when in real life you could recognize a person by their face, I don't think it would be as easy in-game, so the alias system comes into place, it helps you identify character's who you have met in the past (you have to be very close to put an alias on them). It's not just about introductions, you could put an alias on a character, who you have seen before, but don't know them, for example, "Guy who stole my bike", you don't know the name of that person, but you "recognize" them from their appearance. I don't think that the alias system should work only for faction members.

28 minutes ago, Osvaldon said:

Did I misread the first post?

Ah, shit my bad :D

Edit : added another suggestion to my first reply in this thread : 

4. Heavy Plastic surgery should give you a new Alias ID.

Edited by Vimes