George Vern

ID 149, 226, 91 and 110 DM

Player(s) being reported: ID 149, 226, 91 and 110
Date of interaction reported: 01/APR/2020 - 02:30AM Server Time
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1585705925

Your characters name: George Vern

Other player(s) involved: Clint Houston, Jason Reed, Grace Hunter, Kira Wilde, some other officers as well.

Specific rule(s) broken:

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper roleplay reason and interaction.

• Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

• If they report you to the police for a serious crime.

• If they are not in compliance with plausible demands, attempt to escape, or call backup.

• A player cannot kill their victim if the victim is in compliance with the demands.

• A player must allow their victim enough time to comply with the demands.

• If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand(s).

• Vehicles cannot be used to attack a player on foot more than once, including a failed attempt.

• Killing a player that has obeyed all orders and demands during a roleplay situation is allowed, with roleplay, only within 3 hours of:

1.  Severe hostile or criminal action is taken against you, e.g. someone is robbing you at gunpoint. (Excluding police aiming a gun at you.)

2.   Someone is attempting to take your life.

3.   Someone is attempting to take the life of your close friend or ally, or if you have witnessed it happen.

4. You must explain your reason to kill to the player IC and have OOC evidence proving your reason.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I saw these guys congregating around that store, after having been told multiple times to leave as the owner does not want them there. There have been situations there in the past as well, so I decided to go talk to them. I called for backup and for SWAT to be passively deployed, just in case. However, the second I arrive, the 4 men at the store as well as a couple of others started shooting at me without any proper interaction, no demands, nothing. 

Evidence of rule breach:

PENDING REVIEW
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Thank you for submitting this player report.

This report will now be pending review by myself and @Seas. We ask that you please refrain from going back and forth in this report while everything is being looked over. We appreciate your patience!!.

Regards,
Sr. Support Kat

Edited by kitkatkait

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Ali_Monroe (110) - Can you please provide your side of the this situation, and why you shot at the cruiser without properly initiating roleplay?

• Lamar_Monroe (149) - Can you please provide your side of the this situation, and why you took the first shots at the cruiser without properly initiating roleplay?

• Brian_Laurie (91) - Can you please provide your side of the this situation, and why you shot at the cruiser without properly initiating roleplay?

• Riley_Cripps (226) - Can you please provide your side of the this situation, and why you shot at the cruiser without properly initiating roleplay?

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Sr. Support Kat

Edited by kitkatkait

Hello! I am one of the SD units that responded. I am asking who ever is taking the report looks into the driver of the Semi Truck as well, they rammed almost every unit that responded and circled back into the fire many times. I will try to get footage if I can! 

Forget this message ^, there is a report up :

Edited by Devonte

if you are talking about the phantom, There was 2 Phantoms and one of the Phantoms there was 3 seperate people who drove that particular vehicle.

149ID here,

So basically, from your own explanation, you admitted to the fact that we've had PREVIOUS interactions in that time, admitted to saying that you threatened us to LEAVE the place then went away, then from your own video, before coming to the store, not only you call backup to "check" the store, you called SWAT and rushed aggressively with SIRENS ON towards me, ready to get off the car and probably shoot us or give demands. Officers should stop solo-rushing thinking they are some kind of gods that wont get shot and all off us would just drop guns and surrender. I truly believe most of you are here only to ruleplay instead of ROLEPLAYING and using COMMON SENSE. you can't just threat a group of people, telling them to leave after already having PREVIOUS interactions and just expect not to be shot in such a situation if you really want to stick to the RULES only, then here you go:

Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to harm, hurt you or damage your property (or if they attempt to do the same to your friends or allies), this also includes an attempt by the police to arrest someone;

• If they report you to the police for a committed heavy crime, however, if someone reports you for a light crime, such as illegal parking, then the reason is insufficient;

Mind explaining the reason you called backup + SWAT before "peacefully" coming with sirens on towards the store where you KNEW that we will still be there?

Also as soon as you get injured you start talking on the radio, calling for backup despite the fact that theres people near you aiming their guns at you in close range.

Edited by Vubey
  • Upvote 1

ID 91 here.

To begin with, I didn't know I was getting reported, he didn't even PM me so I don't have any footage on my side. Second, I don't understand how you managed to communicate through TAC channel that you were down after getting shot in the head at least 15 times with an AK-47 (if we want to ruleplay). Besides that,

15 hours ago, George Vern said:

after having been told multiple times to leave as the owner does not want them there

You probably were involved in the previous scenario (1hour back to this scenario) where all the Police Department and SWAT came to the store, shouting at us through megaphones to put our hands up and get on our knees with the only reason to arrest us. Keep in mind, there has been more than 5-6 scenarios where PD arrives on scene with the attempt to arrest us all with, sometimes as consequence, shootouts as well. We all know that being at the store means that PD and SWAT or even SD will pull up and attempt to arrest us all since, we're basically staying unlawfully on a private property even though police told us that we cannot stay there anymore. So, to recap, your only purpose to get there was to arrest us, if you came there to ''only'' talk, why would you ask to passively deploy SWAT and bring backup? In your video you can clearly see your backup call ID 924 asking for SWAT and units responding to your backup call. As I was in PD, TAC channels are not used to ''come and talk to gangs'', those are used for serious operations, I believe you were there only to initiate and as soon as backup would've been on the spot you would've arrested us all. We knew what was coming and we acted as every gang would've done in real life.

Something he didn't mention is that they were rolling around the block before all this happened, trying to stack up as much backup as possible in the road on the right side of the store, where we had no visual of them. (Around the block from where the video begins). We knew they were setting up and getting ready and attempt to arrest us all again. A police officer that knows the level of threat of a gang, where he just previously had an interaction with them attempting to arrest them all, then coming back again and pretending to not get shot at? We played it using a logical way of thinking.

Plus, we're all here to have fun, you guys didn't lose anything from this shootout and if it weren't for us you'd be sitting at Mission Row collecting dust. I'm sure you guys had fun as well, who more who less, no doubt of that. As I said, we acted like any gang would act IRL knowing the background of the situation.

Thank you for this report, and please, next time, make sure to PM the reported party so we can provide some footage in our defense.

If you'll need some more explanation, feel free to ask.

Edited by KrismeisterSG
  • Like 1

Riley Cripps here,

Basically i wasnt the initial shooter here and i was told if a siren is on and pulls up to us, we are allowed to open fire and with me not being the initial shooter, i thought it was allowed. My apologies to the reporting party of this situation. Also never got pm'd we were being reported so i do not have any footage...

ID 110 Here. 

Sorry for the late reply as I didn't know that I was being reported nor gotten any pm for me to save any footage of the scenes. 

First off, just like what ID 91 has said, there were many previous occasions as to where all of the police department including SWAT would rush towards to the store, shouting demands at us in order for them to arrest us, including an invasion to the store that happened an hour before this scenario. Attacks towards the store, also lead to shoot outs at times. If the police cruisers weren't there to arrest us and just give us a verbal talk to leave the area, there would be no reason for a swat backup nor for all of the PD department to rush the store. This is clearly police coming in to the store in order for them to arrest us all for hanging around in a private property as to where we know that police don't want us staying there anymore. The DM rules clearly state, "this also includes an attempt by the police to arrest someone." In other words, we had a clear right for us to engage as the the whole Police department rushed towards the store, for nothing but to arrest us.

Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to harm, hurt you or damage your property (or if they attempt to do the same to your friends or allies), this also includes an attempt by the police to arrest someone.

Thanks for making this report, and will be more than available to communicate or answer questions if needed.

Hello.

I was directly involved as the leader of the defending party (WCA), and was directly in charge of the ambush. As I was involved as a player, I'm only providing context for the situation, so that @Seas and @kitkatkait have a better understanding of the context surrounding the situation.

The LSPD has, for the past couple of days routinely executed raids of the store, in which they arrest everyone on the premise for tresspasing and unlicensed firearms, as they allegedly received complaints from the store owner that we are tresspassing. 

Prior to the events in the report, there was a major SWAT-led raid that attempted to take the WCA members there by storm, which failed in its execution, as we were ready and a bloodbath ensued. In that situation, as well as this one, the goal of the attacking party (LSPD) was clear: To arrest everyone present at the store.

The reporter was very aware of the dangers of his mission, which is why he called a TAC situation (which are typically used for shootouts or moving situations), and asked SWAT officers to passively deploy when responding (i.e. deploy heavy weaponry and expect engagement). The officers pulled in with lights and sirens.

We were the defenders, and the officers were the attackers who engaged via their use of lights sirens.

If you were walking down the road, and someone points a gun at you from far away enough that you are not under fear RP, he gives demands to put your hands up, would you need to shout back before you shoot? 

If a cop sits behind your car with lights and sirens on, and you ignore him, you are going to prison for failing to pull over / comply with his demand to stop. He does not need to use the megaphone or make any other demands. That means that an officer engaging their lights / sirens is engaging in RP / attempting to stop you.

To recap, the reporter went into a very dangerous situation, with lights and sirens, with the sole purpose of arresting anyone tresspassing at the store, and people that were subject to arrest fired on his vehicle.

• Like 5

PLAYER REPORT ACCEPTED

Thank you for your patience while this report was under review.

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it and hearing the opinions from different staff, I've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following players:

• Ali_Monroe (110) - DM Warning - Opening fire on police without dm rights, regardless if someone else shoots first, you are held responsible for who you shoot at. In the future please be more cautious.

• Lamar_Monroe (149) - DM #1 - As the one who initiated the entire fight I cannot look past that you opened fire first with no dm rights in this situation

• Brian_Laurie (91) - DM Warning - Opening fire on police without dm rights, regardless if someone else shoots first, you are held responsible for who you shoot at. In the future please be more cautious.

• Riley_Cripps (226) - DM Warning - Opening fire on police without dm rights, regardless if someone else shoots first, you are held responsible for who you shoot at. In the future please be more cautious.

I would like to take a second to speak to everyone in this situation about the poor quality I see. You all admit to sticking around the store. Most of this is completely IC and valid. The police have every right to come here and try to rid a gang away from / arrest them for trespassing on someones business if they are threatening people to not shop there and trying to run it out of business. You are all criminals, you are all carrying guns, you have admitted to getting in gunfights here. PD has every right to treat situations of engagements such as these with extreme caution and use TAC 1 and deploy SWAT. There are many ways that this situation could be roleplayed out. If you all were sitting there without guns and were merely just hanging out on the property, that could make things go extremely different. Bottom line of everything though is that you are all there to run the owner out of business. PD have reason to come and do what they are supposed to do. Straight out shooting a cop who is coming towards you with lights on is NOT valid for dm. What should have happened here ideally was for one of you to try to put the lead cruiser under fearrp first. How ever that situation may have gone, who knows, hopefully rules would have been followed the way they should. You cannot expect police to not do their job. They have every right to take precautions against a known gang carrying weapons that they have gotten into confrontations with before at this exact location. This does not give you a right to skip over proper rp to get dm rights on someone.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format.

Regards,

Sr. Moderator Seas & Sr. Support Kat

• Like 2