Msato

Combat Logging

Plain and simple, Combat logging should be its own form of punishment and not a NRP. Similar to MG.

Combat logging is one of the most gameplay destroying rule breaks and kills any form of active RP to a halt.

E.g. You would get Combat Logging#1,2,3 - 3+ resulting in a permanent ban.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

+1 the amount of times people have just combat logged to avoid being looted or to avoid RP interaction is completely insane and I have only ever really seen people get warnings for it. I have also seen quite a few people combat log and only stay out of game for 14 minutes then hop back in, meaning they get no punishment whatsoever. 15 minutes is a long time to wait around after a shootout considering police are likely to show up, meaning that person can just log back in and get away with zero punishment. I understand that for a code 0 people are supposed to not get any advantages but I have never seen 10+ police officers show up at the end of a shootout and just decide to drive away and wait for the person to log back in. I think the 15 minute rule should be looked at as well so it is not abused like it currently is.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely, combat logging is the only rulebreak you almost know for certain it's intentional. A FearRP or even a DM can happen by accident or because of a shitty situation where you genuinly didn't mean to break the rules. If you're combat logging however, you are being a dick and you know it. Should be a straight ban IMO.

• Like 1

From my understanding, it seems there was a feature in the works with something like /logout right? Why not, we just have a radius that if a guy has fired their weapon and the victim is in that vicinity of 30 metres, or whatever. If they try to logout, it will say 'You are in Combat and can not log out' I have seen this in many games, it's a very simple system and works well.

If a player just does ALT+F4, the victim that is in that 30m radius, automatically pings over to a log for the admins/devs and they will see that someone has closed the game without the proper use of /logout and that their state of isInCombat was [TRUE]. Sorry, game dev mind taking over me, but yeah, I think something to catch people doing it is also far more effective to reduce combat logging and issue out bans.

That's my input as a solution for this problem.

Edited by Dizo

i would like to suggest a warning to ban system for combat loggers, it really makes our server look stupid if we don't do anything about this situation, therefore this is my suggestion:

if a player has video/picture proof of the person combat loging and not returning or contacting the other person in any posible way that they are coming bag to resume the rp i would like to suggest a warning - ban system

combat log #1 = warning.

combat log #2 = second warning and last warning.

combat log #3 = temporary ban with a appeal.

combat log #4 = permanent ban with a appeal.

combat log#5 = permanent ban without a appeal

^ with the system above the players wouldn't have the balls to just constantly combat log or would also learn the lesson and the fact that it is prohibitet from just logging off while in a rp situation such as being chased,arrested,robbed and so on.