Msato

Prevent return to scenes after injury

Currently there are no methods preventing anyone from being gunned down/severely injured in an ongoing scenario whk are then shipped off to MD, revived with minimal to no rp and then return to the same same.

Personally I see this as terrible roleplay from all sides, in what way does it make sense that you can be critically injured 1 minute and the next either returning to shoot people or arrest them. 

Proposal

Similar to how NLR works, an addition to NRP should be added that prevents individuals who were scriptly injured but not placed under NLR from returning to that ongoing scenario until it is complete. This should apply to all players regardless of Faction membership etc. 

Example

Triads enter a shootout against Rooks, multiple members from each end are scriptly injured, placed in boots, taken to MD to be revived and then return to the scene to continue shooting. 

This rule addition would prevent unrealistic scenarios from all sides when returning to scenes of which they have been literally minutes ago and got severely injured to act like nothing has occurred. 

• Like 3

Maybe it would be better that rather than making a rule for this, the script would be changed for MD and dropbody locations, to put the individual in a hospital bed for 5-10 minutes to be "treated".

I would much rather something like this was made in the script which would add to the RP, by having the individual stay in the hospital for the injuries, rather than adding more OOC restrictions.

51 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Maybe it would be better that rather than making a rule for this, the script would be changed for MD and dropbody locations, to put the individual in a hospital bed for 5-10 minutes to be "treated".

I would much rather something like this was made in the script which would add to the RP, by having the individual stay in the hospital for the injuries, rather than adding more OOC restrictions.

There was a coma system introduced for a short period of time and it was deemed horrible and was removed. 

I feel forcing people to sit afk for 10 minutes is in fact an ooc restriction and but you mention you dont more ooc restrictions? 

Allowing people to return to roleplay after treatment is much more beneficial imo, so long as they don't return to the same scene. 

+1 

I do believe this to be highly unrealistic that you can be gunned down in an engagement and after just a quick trip to the body drop off, you return as if nothing happened. I don't think that promotes quality and realistic roleplay at all. Another alternate to this would be to adjust the way the body drop off works and instead of an instant full heal, it can gradually increase over time which will force players to reconsider all of their actions while they are in the process of healing. One method would be rule enforcement the other would be scripted.

The coma system was underrated AF. I was in MD at that time and noticed a huge difference when the coma system came into play. People were more careful and actually considered twice before doing dumb shit, valuing their life because of the consequence they would have to go through if they died. When it was removed, things went back into the crappy state they are now.

Sure the coma system was boring since you stared at the screen and couldn't do shit. Instead, I'd prefer to see a similar system to it. If you die, you would have to spend 10 minutes locked inside MD while your wounds are being treated, allowing you to RP with medical staff and even other patients. If you get dropped off by a friend, you'd have to be in there for 5 minutes. If a medic drops you off, there would be no penalty.

A rule wouldn't be a good solution to this, since it's difficult to enforce. Getting the evidence may be a hassle and there are ways for players to simply stay hidden and help from the distance. The best way to tackle a problem like this would be with a script and a harsher penalty for letting your character get into such a situation in the first place. 

• Like 3

From a medics POV, this simply doesn't happen. If we treat you, it usually takes more than enough time for the shootout to be long over by the time we get you to the hospital. The problem is people just trunking buddies, shipping them to MD and then back to a shootout. Rather than bring NLR into it, maybe force crims to RP treating someone before bringing them to MD? Or maybe make a timer for them to be in MD depending on the severity of their injuries. No matter what way it goes its a double edge sword, as litterally every criminal does this right now, so i'd be 99% sure saying that you, yourself contribute to the problem by consistantly ferrying people to MD instead of calling medics.

I don't think adding NLR into this will make it anymore enjoyable or remotely improve RP.

Better yet just make people pay to drop bodys off, 25k a body should do the trick. Treatment aint cheap.

• Like 1

I don't like the fact that people do get shot lets say by an AK-47, they are transported to Central Medical Department and then they come back to the shootout to continue like they sustained no injuries, they were fully treated, all the bullets that got into their bodies were removed. It also depends on the severity of the role-play that you provide the EMTs with. I've seen a few that were zero to nothing, and others were heavy role-playing even if their Death RP was denied, however, I'd love to see this being implemented. 

I'm going to say no, because I feel like there are already too many reasons for people to report each other as is and too many arbitrary rules that can be interpreted different ways.
"The car only hit me at a slow speed so i wouldn't be too injured." "I was only shot once"

We seem to get those timers for a lot of actions, sometimes unnecessary but I think in the case of either respawning at the hospital OR recieving medical treatment after being critically injured, having a timer that keeps you at the hospital for a couple of minutes would actually make some sense. Hell, if they even wanted, they could add it to VIP that VIPs respawn 25% faster or some shit.

Keep someone out of the game for 2-3 minutes and most scenes would be resolved by the time they could come back. Plus, getting injured would have more of a consequence.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:18 AM, Itzsonzy said:

No matter what way it goes its a double edge sword, as litterally every criminal does this right now, so i'd be 99% sure saying that you, yourself contribute to the problem by consistantly ferrying people to MD instead of calling medics. 

You're clearly making this target towards criminals, when literally everyone utilises the drop of point in such manner. 

There have been many shootouts in the past where both pd and criminals are injured, both are dropped at the point and both return to the scene to start blasting again. 

A rule is needed for this scenario .

It shouldn't be a rule that medics have to called when alternative options are available, so please don't enforce this. I personally never call medics and rarely have my phone on due to certain risks this would being me IC so why wouldn't I take care of the work myself? 

Edited by CallumMontie

17 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

You're clearly making this target towards criminals, when literally everyone utilises the drop of point in such manner. 

There have been many shootouts in the past where both pd and criminals are injured, both are dropped at the point and both return to the scene to start blasting again. 

A rule is needed for this scenario .

It shouldn't be a rule that medics have to called when alternative options are available, so please don't enforce this. I personally never call medics and rarely have my phone on due to certain risks this would being me IC so why wouldn't I take care of the work myself? 

Again, criminals are dropped off alot more frequently. I have been doing doing 30-50 hour weeks at MD for the past 2 months so i think i would be more educated on the amount of people and type of people coming through the drop off. Cops will nearly always call MD, and if they are taken to MD its after the shootout is finished. This is a target towards criminals as they're the ones making this a problem, and this isn't just a mindless opinion its taken from the things i watch.

tldr; sorry but ur wrong come work at MD for a week and you will know. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, NM369 said:

+1 Make health regen for 10 minutes after getting dropped off from a hospital.

if you go back to that scene you'll be at a serious disadvantage

This is a fantastic idea.

Big +1. 

It is then at your discretion if you want to insert yourself into danger while clearly at a strong disadvantage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay lets not turn this into another post that blames criminals or pits one player base against another. At its core, I think we can all agree that it is fairly non realistic for anybody criminal, LEO, or civilian to hop, skip, and jump on over to the drop off, be instantly healed, and go back to whatever they were previously doing with little continuity of roleplay or care for their prior injuries. It doesn't matter if it's an injury from a shootout, off-roading, car crash, etc. To counter this non realistic behavior, there should be valid consequences to using the drop off such as either the "coma" state where you are scriptly bound to MD for a certain amount of time or slow regeneration of health at drop off (which I have been an advocate for for quite some time now since my days in MD). The drop off is something utilized by many people especially when MD is unavailable. Sure there may be some groups of people who use them more often for legitimate and smart IC reasons and at the end of the day lets work together to suggest something to make our environment as a whole more realistic on all ends.

• Like 3

This definatly needs to be changed. When I first came to the server this was really confusing for me when I just had to /dropbody and my friend would be at perfect health condition after being heavily injured and it was SUPER akward for me. I even roleplayed taking imaginary bandages or painkillers after being revived just to add that extra rp. Just imagine your friend is groaning/screaming in pain, blood everywhere and as soon as you /dropbody he is instantly at full hp and ready for battle.

I didn't even know the coma system existed in this server and have no idea why they even removed it. Just IMAGINE the new roleplay opportunities while the injured people have conversations with other injured people and explain their stories how they got injured.

Just make like atleast 1-3minute timer just to add that extra roleplay.

• Like 1

Not another unnecessary rule please..

If people want something for it to be more “realistic”, then sure a small recovery period or coma wouldn’t be too bad. Though this is still a video game, not everything is going to be entirely realistic, nor should it be, for the game to remain enjoyable for the majority of people. It doesn’t make sense for someone to be shot with 30 bullets, n not die. It doesn’t make sense to bleed out, die, then 30 mins or an hour later be back chilling with people that just watched you bleed out. However that’s just how it is, not everything can be entirely realistic.

Triggering the new life rule without dying though? No thanks.

On 6/5/2020 at 9:26 AM, GWXCORE said:

When you get dropped at MD, you should be at 10% health, and it should Regen from there. That seems the best way to balance fun/risk/reward/realism in my opinion. No ooc restrictions and rules to cry on forums about, eliminating the table completely would make playing at certain times a guaranteed death due to limited medics, and a coma timer seems...not fun.

Also with this "re-genitive state" scriptly you should not be able to receive a pain killer from a medic to heal you to full because that would become the next thing people would do to return to a shootout with full health.

Hello, 

There is going to be a system implemented to discourage players from wanting to return to active scenes after being released from MD. It's still just something on paper and something that hasn't been developed yet, however, what we know right now is that it'll work like a regeneration system, you won't be spawning with 100% health, and you will also be walking slowly. NBDY tried to develop something in the past with wheel chairs (on his stream) but wasn't able to do it efficiently, thus it was never continued. 

Right now, players that return to active shootouts after being released from MD will be spoken to and potentially punished for promoting poor role-play, this was also a topic of our recent staff meeting and something which we've agreed that we won't condone for a while. Though, active scene =/= active shootout. 

- Osborn.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.