ID 10 - Powergaming

Player(s) being reported: ID 10

Date of interaction report: 19/02/2020

Unix time stamp from HUD: 1582154238

Your character's name: Rodney Yeargin

Other player(s) involved: ID: 67, 270

Specific rule(s) broken: 

10. Powergaming (PG)

• Forceful roleplay that does not give the other player a chance to roleplay their own response is considered powergaming. Other players must be given a chance to roleplay outcomes of actions.

• Roleplay is required before forceful server commands which may be used without consent from the other party if they are unresponsive and not typing for 30 seconds or more. 

How did the player(s) break the rule(s):

ID 10 used the /eject command without roleplaying. As seen in the video, ID 270 was ready to roleplay the situation, having her bat in her hand. When ID 67, my co-worker, was ejected he shocked and in awe. It seems like a minor and petty report, but actions like this promote poor quality roleplay on the server. 

Evidence of rule breach: 

https://streamable.com/5gw1e

• Like 4

Hello and thank you for making the player report @RodneyYeargin.

Player ID 10 - Giorgos_Papageorgiou - @GiorgosK - please explain why you /ejected the player with no RP what-so-ever?

The aforementioned player has 24 hours to respond to the aforementioned inquiry, or the report may be concluded without it.

Sincerely,

alexalex303

Greetings everyone!

In the video provided, you can see me using the command /eject to eject my friend out of the vehicle. I would like to apologize to @RodneyYeargin for forcefully using this command to eject my friend, showing poor RP. This could have been resolved in-game if you PMed me that you didn't like it, we could reset it and RP it properly. 

I will accept any punishments. I learned a lot of things from this report that will change my future Roleplay.

In addiction I would like to mention something from the report guidelines :

"Please do not take reporting another player lightly and reserve player reports for situations that have caused severe loss or were abused for benefit. Consider if you could possibly teach this player or if you've tried to come to a resolution on your own. Reporting another player should be reserved for your final options when a rule breach has occurred. Always try to teach other players in the community, especially with newer players, as well as help them truly understand your point of view prior to simply reporting them if something doesn't go your way."

"The person reporting must be directly involved in the situation, except in severe cases such as cheating, exploiting, or cyber threats."

I would like to also mention as ID 67 is the supposed "victim" of this report, ID 67 has no problem with me /eject ing him as he was not negatively affected by it and should I have asked for a /do he would have approved of the RP. Again, the reporting party is not directly involved with this report.

Lastly this report is very OOC driven, perhaps with some OOC feelings the reporting party has about me.

unknown.png

Thanks again for your time.

-Giorgos

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply @GiorgosK. I'm going to address a few points here and what's flawed with your logic.

You say I am not directly involved, but this is my co-worker that was ejected. If the problem pursued and he resisted with proper roleplay, I probably would've blasted your ass with the way the roleplay was headed. As seen in the footage, ID 270 had her bat out, ready to swing. I had my heavy pistol on my hip, ready to shoot. 

As far as your alias is concerned, you never gave me your license. Our first interaction IC you earned yourself that alias. But, since you want to bring up what I have you aliased as, let's talk about your youtube video? This is the reported party's youtube video 

, where at 1:30 you can see my alias. Also, towards the end of the video, he adds an OOC description of "Special Guest Rodney The Crackhead".  Crackhead.thumb.jpg.6a9218d37b6f52ba16cdfe5376cec772.jpgCrackhead2.thumb.jpg.7ef3926912b9eb0c68d75955f8faedf4.jpg

• Like 4

After careful deliberation, I have decided upon the following conclusion:

No players will be punished as a result of this report. Giorgos_Papageorgiou will receive a note that they were spoken to about messing around in public.

I find that the actions of the reported are inappropriate in such a public setting (Bayview), regardless of the victim not having an issue with being powergamed. The staff team does not encourage players to mess around (i.e. break RP rules), in any setting, but the worst setting for such a thing to occur would be a very public and populated place such as one of the two mechanic shops in the city. It is not the kind of interactions that we want to see on the server, and hopefully all parties involved will have learned something from the event.

It does seem that there is some tension between the reporter and the reported, and I encourage you both to keep that tension In-Character, and do not let it affect your persons at an Out-Of-Character level.

Sincerely,

alexalex303

• Like 2