ID 179 FearRP

Player(s) being reported: ID 179
Date of interaction reported: 1/17/2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1579287280

Your characters name: CrimsonTeodor

Other player(s) involved: -

Specific rule(s) broken:

• 13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life.

• Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is considered to be in direct danger:

• • When you are on foot or bike and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.

• When you’re in a vehicle that is stalled or turned off and a weapon is aimed at you close range.

• When the attacker lowers their weapon to type or roleplay, your life remains in direct danger.

• Driving a vehicle in an active shootout more than once without the intent of protecting a friend, fleeing with it, or using it as cover.

• Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is NOT considered to be in direct danger:

• • When you are in a car which engine is not stalled.

• When you have a firearm drawn and are facing the other person before they attacked.

• When the attacker’s view is obstructed by an object or when they turn their back on you.

• As a victim, whose life is in direct danger:

• • You cannot call 911 or call your friends or allies to aid you.

• • You must display reasonable value for your life and comply with the demands of your attacker.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I put the knife at his neck and he dont rise hands and he said i need to stab him.

*Video evidence URL* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMKZc4ArVfI

Edited by Crimson Teodor

PENDING PLAYER RESPONSE

The following player(s) is expected to provide their side of the story in twenty-four-hours:

• Bartholomew_Shumber (179)

After twenty-four-hours this report may be concluded based on the evidence provided.

Regards,
Aldari_Tagril

He did not once place the knife to my throat he only said hands up.  I at that time didnt know a knife is considered a weapon like a gun. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

• Like 1

PLAYER REPORT ACCEPTED

The following player(s) will receive the following punishment(s):

• Bartholomew_Shumber (179) - No Punishment Issued

I have decided to accept this report on the basis that Bartholomew_Shumber (179) did not value his life or safety, which is the principle of the Fear-RP rule:

Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life

As we can see from the footage there is little acknowledgement of the danger posed to him by the reporting party that is both brandishing the knife and is making very clear demands; "Hands up". Bartholomew_Shumber (179) resist by saying no, but the reporting party persists - its at this point you should take the demand seriously enough to presume that a real danger exists to you.

I have decided to issue no punishment in this report, because I think an opportunity to learn presents itself which is more valuable than a punishment in this case. Firstly, the idea of Fear-RP is that you must value your characters safety and life, the rule mentions nothing specific about weaponry, and this is deliberate. If somebody aggressive approached you with a knife in a real situation, how would you act? Would you argue back to them? Probably not, you'd probably be petrified and do anything they say quite willingly and, if the opportunity presents itself, you might even try to run away - this is what we intend to RP. 

In this situation Bartholomew_Shumber (179) should have complied and put his hands up, perhaps while doing that he could tell the reporting party to calm down or chill or stay quiet out of fear you might spook him and then if an opportunity presented itself you may have been able to run away or perhaps defend yourself if you had a weapon of your own. Such an opportunity would be the reporting party turning his back to you, getting distracted by another player, entering his vehicle or generally not paying attention. In this situation, as it is a knife placing your under Fear-RP, there are more options with regards to running away than you would have with a gun. 

To clarify, Fear-RP is about valuing your life, the weapon or means of putting you under Fear-RP are not relevant to the principle of the rule (for example if 5 people approached me while I was alone and began intimidating me even if we was all unarmed I would still be under Fear-RP as I have no realistic prospect of beating up five people - I either comply with them, try talk my way out of it, or run and or get help if the opportunity presents itself) all that matters is that you value your life. One example I come across often is as a cop I will often call for back-up if I pull up a known gang vehicle or a vehicle full of people, because that's me valuing my life, in a real life situation an Officer wouldn't throw themselves into a situation outnumbered against known violent criminals. 

I hope this clears it up a little for you.

Regards,
Aldari_Tagril