Osvaldon

[1.0.9] [2017-07-18] ECLIPSE Roleplay

Public Relations

Hello, Eclipse. Before we start with the update notes, we would like to again congratulate @Spark on becoming our public relations person (READ). Spark has been offered this position, to increase communication between community members, to help us collect feedback from the community and set our priorities based on what our players want the most. Our plan, for the next update, is to work with player feedback and improve existing features, therefore we hope that the next (1.1.0) update will reflect the needs of our community a lot better than any previous updates.

BCpSqGf.png

ECLIPSE Roleplay update notes - 1.0.9

• Added report types to /report command and short report type explanations
  • Added an upgraded version of the /unban command which is easier to use and is more informative
  • Added an administrator command /toggleac which allows staff members to toggle support and administrator chat
  • Added a vehicle customization logger, to help detect and fix issues that may cause customizations to disappear
  • Added a check on vehicle plates that only permits players to use unique (not used) plate numbers
  • Added a clothing option to remove glasses from a player's character
  • Added a color option to barber shop selections
  • Added blockades for police
  • Added blockades across the map to prevent gas station explosions and unrealistic stunt jumping (thanks to FatherOsborn)
  • Added objects to block fail roleplay stunt jumps in Los Santos and locations that often crash players 
  • Added a new bank "Blaine County Savings Bank" at Paleto Bay
  • Added remove tattoos option to the tattoo stores
  • Added lock picks (bobby pins) to break cuffs and vehicle locks
  • Added command /alias . You will be able to assign names to strangers with it
  • Added ability to trace phones for PD detectives
  • Add logo to MDC and changed formatting (thanks to Pertinax)
  • Added new type (Detective) to LSPD which can add a siren to any vehicle
  • Changed money, time, fuel, speed and turf display to a more compact and efficient version that uses CEF
  • Changed /fmembers command for government factions, so it displays member duty status
  • Changed the discount rates on warehouse orders to work properly with quantities
  • Changed max discount on weapons to 10%, standard discount for other goods remains at 25%
  • Changed Los Santos Emergency Medical Services medic uniforms
  • Changed vehicle engine turn on/off. Now it doesn't use chat
  • Changed drug effects (some now give armour and a minor speed boost for the duration of the drug effects)
  • Changed gunparts and drugs to a new method of saving, using and loading (much cleaner and easier to track for issues in the future)
  • Fuel is now displayed in litres, not percentage
  • If vehicle health is lower than 150, you will not be able to turn on the engine
  • Increased taco healing amount
  • Increased some UI loading speed (truckers, warehouses, insurance, dealerships, bus driver job)
  • Disabled weapon aiming and shooting for vehicle drivers, to reduce deathmatching and force players to cooperate 
  • Disabled certain vehicle controls that should prevent vehicles from rotating while in mid-air making stunt jumps more risky
  • Disabled jumping over obstacles for cuffed players
  • Removed several redundant API call use cases, which may reduce client crashing
  • Removed VIP chat perk from the credit store interface, because it was disabled
  • Removed actual character names from nametags
  • Fixed clothing bugs within PD
  • Fixed (countered) the client bug that is causing vehicles to despawn
  • Fixed a bug that caused secondary (GTA:Online) vehicle color synchronization to break
  • Fixed a synchronization bug that caused CityBee and other non-player owned vehicle to be white
  • Fixed a bug that caused the flatbed to fail load motorcycles and cycles
  • Fixed a bug that enabled players to load tow trucks on flatbed trucks
  • Fixed a bug that caused the server to frequently crash
  • Fixed a bug that caused inactive reports to remain in the report list after the report owner had disconnected
  • Fixed a bug that caused players to get stuck inside finance company interiors
  • Fixed a bug that broke voice-chat whenever a player stood in the same spot
  • Fixed bugs that made the /drag command cause a variety of bugs (dying, breaking, forcing players out of vehicles, etc..)
  • Fixed a bug that created a -1 ID anomaly in the scoreboard
  • Fixed LSEMS stabilize bug (patient being stuck in the ground while stabilizing)
  • Fixed chest hair bugs at the barber shop and character creation scripts
  • Fixed /modview displaying incorrect rear wheel model for motorcycles
  • Fixed warehouse orders to check for outstanding orders on a loop, meaning after a server crash, your order will still be on for delivery.
  • Fixed the name of ammo that appears as numbers instead of the name of the weapon when withdrawing from a warehouse.
  • Fixed bug where people appear standing when they are actually laying on the ground. 
  • Fixed some menu issues regarding the gunparts/drug menu (client javascript errors and it turning off car engines while using the menu)
  • Fixed some minor issues on the game panel and improved the security on login and resetting of passwords.

Phones

The first initial release of phones is here. With phones you may /call or /text (or /sms) other players or /call 911. Phones have /contacts (max 5 for non VIP) which you may store and use in /call or /sms. When you miss a call it will be displayed in /missed(calls), players may leave you a voicemail if you miss their call. You may set your /voicemail message and view/delete voicemails whenever you please. A max of 5 voicemails is given to all phones, and a max of 10 text messages are stored at a time. You may be called or texted while you are offline, so leaving someone a message is simple. Phones also have /notes which you can add, view or delete. Players may /record IC events using their phone and it may be used as IC evidence for a crime or other event. While talking on the phone you may still talk quietly with /low or talk regularly with /l(ocal) chat. When you are done leaving a voice mail or finished with a phone conversation you may /h(angup) the phone. This is the first text-based release and there will be a UI coming for it in the future.

You can buy a phone in a general store, and see your number in /stats. You may /delphone if you want to smash your phone (this deletes all contacts, notes, messages, voicemails and resets your phone number as well). /battery to see your battery life. Buy a charger and /plugin to plug a charger into a car/house to charge your phone and /unplug it when you are done charging. Players may mug you and /takebattery to steal your battery so you don't call the police as well, in which case you'll have to buy a new battery at the general store.

Farming

Farming is a new job introduced in Eclipse Roleplay 1.0.9 The new activity involves ploughing and raking the crop fields with a tractor. To grow crops, a farmer must first plough the soil and then plant the seeds. The plant will begin to grow and the farmer will have to rake the soil around it, which is required to ensure that the harvest is of the highest quality. Once the plant reaches full growth, it can be harvested and transformed into a sellable item, which can be loaded into a work vehicle and delivered to the harvest warehouse.

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_07_17_18_10_05-022.jpg

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_07_17_18_13_37-002.jpg

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_07_17_19_21_21-006.jpg

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_07_17_19_26_28-007.jpg

• Upvote 13

Beautiful update. This Farming Job just brought us 1 step closer to growing weed which can be distributed by several gangs. And I am super glad to see the phone update as well. 

Imagine loading crates full og guns or weed plants inside a burrito. :O I am very hyped. Well done fellas. Fantastic work! 

• Upvote 1

First and foremost.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication guys.

This update is very great and brings so much more into the server.

I've tried farming for around 2 hours.

Ploughing and raking is good, planting and harvesting is on point.

Putting everything in the back on the truck is awesome.

But I hate to say it's going to die even if it's the most fun job I've done on this server for now.

I managed to drop 5 harvests on my first load (trying it out) then went to make a full load (11) with the greatest quality crops just so I could see how much it would pay.

I was very very low HP at my second drop off and when I parked my truck, some guy just tried to VDM the shit out of me. 

Just to fail, after that his buddy pulls out a gun at me (knowing I was low hp and knowing I would die in 1 bullet) tells me to put my hands up then proceeds to countdown from 3 2 1 I run because I lost it and I knew what was going to happen either way bang I'm dead. After their poor rp they say I need to unlock my truck so that they can steal my load. My truck was too far tho, so they just ram the shit out of it the get it by me and proceeds to tell me I need to unlock it because it's failrp if I don't. Now they steal my crops and sell it for a huge amount.

So from now, I conclude people can just wait at the dropoff, steal the people's cargo at anytime and just make a shit ton of money out of it for minimal amount of work.

I think this deserves some more work because there would obviously be worker at the mill that would see the whole thing, even maybe cameras and such.

This will only put another advantage for the most influent criminal gang on the server since they could control the whole farming area (which I think is also breaking every other gang's chance at making a living out of this criminal thing). That's the way I see it.

I think it would also be unrealistic for the police to have to watch farmers 24/7 and that it shouldn't feel like the most dangerous work in the city.

I also think mugging doesn't have enough consequences.

Edit : I will be issuing a report for the attempted VDM.

Edited by Captain Tofu
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Tofu said:

First and foremost.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication guys.

This update is very great and brings so much more into the server.

I've tried farming for around 2 hours.

Ploughing and raking is good, planting and harvesting is on point.

Putting everything in the back on the truck is awesome.

But I hate to say it's going to die even if it's the most fun job I've done on this server for now.

I managed to drop 5 harvests on my first load (trying it out) then went to make a full load (11) with the greatest quality crops just so I could see how much it would pay.

I was very very low HP at my second drop off and when I parked my truck, some guy just tried to VDM the shit out of me. 

Just to fail, after that his buddy pulls out a gun at me (knowing I was low hp and knowing I would die in 1 bullet) tells me to put my hands up then proceeds to countdown from 3 2 1 I run because I lost it and I knew what was going to happen either way bang I'm dead. After their poor rp they say I need to unlock my truck so that they can steal my load. My truck was too far tho, so they just ram the shit out of it the get it by me and proceeds to tell me I need to unlock it because it's failrp if I don't. Now they steal my crops and sell it for a huge amount.

So from now, I conclude people can just wait at the dropoff, steal the people's cargo at anytime and just make a shit ton of money out of it for minimal amount of work.

I think this deserves some more work because there would obviously be worker at the mill that would see the whole thing, even maybe cameras and such.

This will only put another advantage for the most influent criminal gang on the server since they could control the whole farming area (which I think is also breaking every other gang's chance at making a living out of this criminal thing). That's the way I see it.

I think it would also be unrealistic for the police to have to watch farmers 24/7 and that it shouldn't feel like the most dangerous work in the city.

I also think mugging doesn't have enough consequences.

Edit : I will be issuing a report for the attempted VDM.

Gonna have to agree with you, I'm worried after working hard farming and then someone just comes over and steals it. luckily it's not really happened with me, it nearly did but I said it was my stuff and he was cool with it, giving it me back. Another issue I faced with when trying to spawn the transport vehicle it would just despawn straight away, thankfully a nice farmer was kind enough to let me use his Speedo and a few people even helped load it up for me.

I genuinely have fun on this server, As I said I really love the way you're able to interact with stuff like putting your stuff in the back of a van or unloading money great server to be honest, great work devs ♥

• Upvote 1