ID 159, 78 - DM, Non-RP, Possibly MG

Player(s) being reported: Jamal_Demond [159], Rick_Grayson [78]
Date of interaction reported: 06/JAN/2019
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1578271564

Your characters name: Belle_Cavallera

Other player(s) involved: 

Specific rule(s) broken:

8. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

• Examples of actions that are considered as non-roleplay:

• Cop Baiting - Provoking a reaction from emergency services without a realistic reason.

• Mercy Killing - Asking to be killed by a friend (Killing a friend falls under deathmatching).

• Unrealistic stunt jumping or the use of an expensive vehicle to ram into other vehicles.

• Spawning a scripted work vehicle and using it for crimes or submerging any vehicle in water.

• Swimming in water for an unrealistic amount of time or without a destination during a chase.

• Players who disconnect during roleplay must reconnect and inform other parties in order to resume roleplay. If you are unable to reconnect it may be excused after providing proof.

• In a situation where a player gets away from an incident where they're being chased/pursued, they must wait 15 minutes before they can logout. Players should not instigate roleplay situations if they do not have time to play it through. 

• Players who ignore answering roleplay commands directed at them, e.g. /do.

• In a situation where a player’s game crashes or the player is kicked from the server, they should be allowed to have the same advantages as they have had before their leave.

• Players should not deprive other players of roleplay, e.g. early on the interaction asking them not to speak unless it makes sense in the roleplay situation.

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper roleplay reason and interaction.

• Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

• If they report you to the police for a serious crime.

• If they are not in compliance with plausible demands, attempt to escape, or call backup.

• A player cannot kill their victim if the victim is in compliance with the demands.

• A player must allow their victim enough time to comply with the demands.

• If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand(s).

• Vehicles cannot be used to attack a player on foot more than once, including a failed attempt.

• Killing a player that has obeyed all orders and demands during a roleplay situation is allowed, with roleplay, only within 3 hours of:

1.  Severe hostile or criminal action is taken against you, e.g. someone is robbing you at gunpoint. (Excluding police aiming a gun at you.)

2.   Someone is attempting to take your life.

3.   Someone is attempting to take the life of your close friend or ally, or if you have witnessed it happen.

• You must explain your reason to kill to the player IC and have OOC evidence proving your reason.

9. Metagaming (MG)

• Metagaming is the act of relaying IC information through any method not considered IC that has the potential to change current or future roleplay scenarios or using that information. 

• Mixing IC and OOC information without any benefit is a minor MG offense. For example, a player uses IC chat to call someone by their player ID displayed above their head.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

8, NRP: I tased 159 when they were climbing up a ladder. They were inside a cage, so there is no way they would have landed on the roof. This is poor quality roleplay. 

8, NRP: ID 159 must have asked their friend, ID 78 to mercy kill them. They were just standing there typing in PMs to me, while allowing their friend to punch them to death

8, NRP: ID 78 hightailed it to the parking lot, parked, and immediately logged after the incident, giving me no time to check his plate to ID, and maybe trace him if I had chosen to do so. I dont have any attachable evidence other than that @punched took my IG report and said they had logged already, giving me that information. I think it could be argued that me trying to initiate Fear-RP on him (commence police roleplay) would count as pursuing him (synonymous with engage), even though I did not physically chase him as I was completely baffled at what I had just seen and decided to call an admin instead

14, DM: In the Non-RP rules it states that asking to be mercy killed is Non-RP, while actually mercy killing is DM. There was no RP reason why their friend would murder them

9, MG: I suspected metagaming right from the start, as ID 78 shows up to my traffic stop (about 10 minutes before the first clip) without any radio or text messages being exchanged, and then blocks my door. Later, when the mercy killing happened, im pretty sure there was no IC request to be mercy killed; I'm assuming they asked that OOCly, knowing it was a rule breach. Additionally, I saw no IC communication telling ID 78 where ID 159 was, considering he would be hard to spot on a rooftop and that I should have been in range to hear it

Evidence of rule breach:

This first clip shows ID 78 and 159 evading together, which shows me they are allies. @punched told me that ID 78 was indeed the same person in both clips. Unix 1578270419

https://streamable.com/ve849

The second clip shows the chunk of the poor RP, starting with 150 running the instant they spawn, with no regard to what would actually occur IRL in that situation. Then, when I ask them to step out, they run again, and the rest of the above-mentioned happens

https://streamable.com/tu3zm

At the conclusion of this, I would like to know whether I should be placing charges for what they did after running from the hospital (the start of this report). I had already placed charges when he was first placed in police custody, as we never have anyone die while in our custody. When people do die at scenes, we do not place charges due to NLR. Since he died through a rulebreak, should I treat that as I saw it ID (death, no charges), in which case, what should I do about the charges I had already placed? Or should I ignore the death as it was a rulebreak and place the remaining charges?

Edited by Havana
Added detail to how they broke the rules, added a question at the bottom

After reviewing the report and the associated submitted evidence, further response and clarification is needed from all players listed below. 

Jamal_Demond | ID 159 @JohnMiller - Along with your side of events, please explain why you didn't drop down the ladder after being hit by the officer's taser. Also, why did you just stand idly by and let your ally punch you to death? Please note that any and all evidence from your point of view is much appreciated.

Rick_Grayson | ID 78 - Along with your side of events, please explain why you punched ID 159 to death on top of the car next to the gas station. Also, how did you manage to know exactly where your ally was? Please note that any and all evidence from your point of view is much appreciated.

The above mentioned players will also be notified in game as appropriate and will receive 24 hours to provide their side of the story. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best Regards,

@Fa1N & Aldarine

I did not continue to climb the ladder after you tazed me so i did not break any rules. The game flew me onto the other roof. Which was dysnc  If i was on the top roof i would not be able to get to the ground that fast without dying.  U never took anything off of me at any time so i could have had a radio or anything else on me like that bottle. My friend hit me with his car on accident and i did not say anything after that. He knew that i was going to the hospital because we usually always meet up there if we are separated. After that point i did not say anything because i was "Downed".  My friend changes his clothes and his car so their was no possible way for the officer to recognize him. The officer said something in ooc about recognizing him because of his id.

@JohnMiller - You state "i could have had a radio or anything else on me like that bottle" and "He knew that i was going to the hospital because we usually always meet up there" but don't tell me which of the two it was that led your friend to you. Was it you having a radio or him meeting you completely by chance not at the hospital but instead around the corner and down the street by the gas station?

Also, you can be seen standing on top of the car, which you would have had to jump on top of, and getting punched 3 times while typing in /pm. Please explain why you did not stop your friend from punching you to death or report him for attacking you without proper roleplay reason per the Deathmatching rules.

Let me clarify why I punched ID 159 to death. (I have no evidence, so my words are gonna have to do).  He was INJURED due to dSync, on my screen I was driving and on his screen my vehicle hit him and he collapsed. This has happened many times to me due to dSync. So technically he wasn’t Standing Idle, he was injured on the floor. When I punched him to death he was not standing idle. I’ll plead guilty to the fact I did mercy kill him. The only reason I did this because was of the awful DSync. I thought it would be complete bull if he would’ve got caught by the cops because of dSync. He should’ve escaped the cop if DSync didn’t do its thing. Also She didn’t come till half way of me beating him to death. (Don’t forget the fact the officer was standing right there watching me do this without any hesitation to stop the scenario and didn’t have her gun pointed till after the incident). She mentions being baffled and that’s the reasoning behind why she didn’t chase me or doesn’t try to stop the scenario, I think that’s just an excuse. If she was really baffled, why did she attempt to pull a gun on me and try to continue the rp? I thought she was baffled as she stated and was trying to contact an admin? If she’s in a situation in which she has to contact the admins why would she continue the RP that’s causing her to contact an admin? Wouldn’t she just disregard the RP, Since it was fail RP? When she pulled her gun, she had no car, simply because no car was nowhere to be seen around the gas station. She pulled her gun as I was already executing the car animation when you get into the car. So basically I was half way through the animation when she pulled the gun. You are simply allowed to drive off if a gun is pulled on you. She never pursued a chase on me. Only a gun was pointed. Also her accusing me of Meta because of the traffic stop is complete BULL. I was driving around that area like 5 times watching the traffic stop, because I was originally with him until we got split up and I went looking for him and saw a cop had pulled him over. The reason I logged after the incident was simply because there was no way for the cops to find me. No cops were chasing me and no cops seemed to be after me. She couldn’t chase me because she had no car. I would’ve escaped by the time she got in a car and try to chase me. Why would I spend 15 minutes waiting if I had already escaped the cop or actually just casually drive away? She literally had no car to chase me and as she stated she didn’t physically chase me. No cop was aware of the situation but her. There was no chase to validate the 15 min rule. Also she says she was receiving PM from the both of us or by multiple people? She’s implying multiple people were pming her (her word “they”) I never PM her at all. Not sure who she’s implying by “they”.  She never attempted to get my identification or plate (only the exception of her pulling me over on my bike, (also she pulled me over for no reason in this RP, not sure why. If it was because I had my friend on the bike. He was wearing a completely different outfit when he was originally pulled over by the same cop because he had escaped the cops and he changed his clothes so they wouldn't recognize him.) in which I drove away because I didn’t want to get arrested for my fines and i proceeded to escaped the cops as my friend was caught by the cops because he got caught at a this mini warehouse while I managed to escape with my bike. (She never got my ID in that sense of RP, so she should have no idea of who I am). So in that sense of RP that's a validated chase. Also at the gas station incident I was driving a completely different car and was wearing completely different clothes then I was pulled over on my bike. So their shouldn’t be a way for her to recognize me because I never spoke a word to her. The only way she could've recognize me was of my ID and if she recognized me then that's meta. Also At the gas station She had no way of checking my plate because she was busy being “baffled” as she stated and was contacting the admin.

Also he didn't jump on the car. When my car ran him over, on my screen he was a floating injured body, I drove my car underneath him and it made him appear to be above the car. This is 100% true because how would he had jumped on the car if Dsync had killed him? this Is true. Im pretty sure the reason behind him not stopping me from killing him was because he was mad at the idea DSync had interrupted his escape. (Don't quote me on this, its just an assumption. I could be right or wrong.) He was escaping till my car ran him over (No this isn't VDM, its DSync. Im stating this again just incase you become "baffled") and pretty much ruined his escape.

Edited by Ryzer

I will clarify a few things I said for the betterment of the report, since @Ryzer pointed out that they were vague.

I included the 15 minute rule as I did not feel it was acceptable to book it to the parking lot and log after such an interaction. How do you know I did not radio in your direction, and a cop was around the corner from the parking lot? I wanted the admin's opinion on it, which I will wait for. I raised my gun as IC protocol once I came to my senses again but did not pursue it any further because I wanted to report the situation to an admin, and had to stay where it had occurred.

The metagaming portion of this report is speculation, as it is difficult to provide evidence of MG violations in general. I suspected it due to the reasons I stated, which was why i said "Possibly MG".

The word "They" was used here to refer to a previously specified person, not multiple people. I was referring to ID 159

ID 78, don't worry about any IC charges for this; my character has no idea who you are. I know who you are OOCly because an admin told me who you are, so we could confirm you were ID 159's ally

I just wanted to clarify these points and will not comment on any opinions until an admin has responded

@HavanaIn my POV, when I was driving to the parking lot. I did not see any cop cars. If you radio in my direction then I shouldn't know IC. I wasn't anywhere near you to have any vivid knowledge of you alerting any cops IC but now I have OOC knowledge which wont mean much IC. If you radio in describing my car then I probably should've been pulled over quickly if any cops were near the parking lot. Im not sure if you figured it was FailRP in the sense of the RP or after the rp but if you figured it was FailRP or whatever in the middle of the RP then there would be no need to radio in cops, if you had knowledge that the admin you stated you contacted would most likely take care of it then like I said before there was no need for further IC RP. if you figured it was FailRP after the entirely of the incident (basically post time) then its understandable but it seems to be that you are very aware of the rules so it would make sense for you to be aware of the incident in the middle of the RP. 

Also when you mentioned "they" it was very odd because I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Because if you were referring to another person who took no part in this specific incident than that would just mean they are totally irrelevant to this report. Im just saying because that "they" could be taken out of context and sound confusing.

Also my friend mentions you seemed to have had prior knowledge of knowing who I was OOC and being able to differentiate that both my different appearances are the same person during the entirely of the whole shenanigan, im not sure if you want to clarify that and confirm its true.

Hello and thank you for this Player Report again.

After reviewing the video as well as the statement, we will conduct this report as follows:

Player ID 159 Jamal_Demond will receive a Non-RP punishment for the acts as displayed in the submitted video as relates to the Mercy Killing. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you encountered desync issues after being tazed on the ladder, you can later be seen PMing the reporting party at the same time that your ally is punching you to death. At no point do you exit the engagement, tell him to stop, or report this, you just let it continue and ignore it while you actively PM somebody else. Requesting to be mercy killed is a breach of our Non RP rules as your character would not want to die and as you decided to completely disregard the punching you allowed yourself to be mercy killed.

Player ID 78 Rick_Grayson will receive a Deathmatching punishment for Mercy Killing. As seen in the submitted video evidence as well as per your own statement, you engaged with you friend by punching him to death. No matter the circumstances this is unacceptable and a clear break of DM. If it was "desync" as you claimed you should've just reported and waited until the admin can assist you, not punching your friend to death as you clearly knew he was gonna spawn back at hospital.

I also read their logs and I could not see Metagaming in their PM's.

Regards,

faiN & @Aldarine.