Jellay

The Status of Los Santos

The Status of Los Santos

In recent weeks there has been a massive change in the overall dynamic of the city and its people. Those who once were safe and ran with the high and mighty are now looking down the barrel of a gun. Even people who are just flying into the city looking for a new beginning are finding themselves in the middle of something they don't want to be a part of. If by now you don't know what I am referring to then let me enlighten you. I am indeed talking about the current gang situation in Los Santos.

Many new gangs have appeared and stayed for mere days, sometimes, lasting a week. But just like those who were once high and mighty they have fallen. Anyone who has been in the city for longer than a month

knows its ran by the Triads and Zetas. Its no wonder either, they have the numbers, both financially and in manpower. However, there seems to be a power struggle occurring in the city between them and The Wanted. Up until recently, The Wanted were just a small car club to anyone who asked, but, that is no longer the case. They have been seen around the city with AKs, shotguns, and other guns of that caliber. It begins to raise the question of, were they ever JUST a car club or were they always more. The only way to know is to speak to them, which I have had trouble doing. They are either busy or not-existent.

With these three gangs now fighting, word has spread to other gangs of this news and this "power struggle". It is rumoured that other gangs will be joining the fight and possibly trying to take down Zetas and Triads.

For now, though, these are rumours. Hopefully one day, someone will step forward and speak up so the people of Los Santos can know what to watch for.

Another gang which seems to be having its own issues is the Rooks. I have recently spoken to one of their past members and was informed they are now involved in a war of their own. A war which they will most likely lose based on what has been said. They are losing members and from what I have been told, losing battles. They are one of the more significant gangs but not as stable financially and manpower wise as Zetas and Triads, but, one can only wonder how long they will survive a losing battle. Due to how hard it is to contact these people, I have not been able to reach them for a comment. So currently all of this is based on one person coming forward and speaking up.

The city currently is in a delicate state based on the above info. Police presence has been at an all-time high from what I have seen. The past few times I have flown into the city, the public parking lot has been flooded with police. Detectives have been seen wearing vests way more than they used to. It begins to make me wonder if the police are being over-protective or if they are scared of what's to come. The police have had quite the history with the Zetas. Upon my first time flying into the city, I witnessed a vast shootout between police and Zetas. I have also heard of multiple shootouts since then, where the cops have lost. It Begins to make me wonder if the police force just doesn't have the manpower to stop a complete government overthrow at this point. Zetas and Triads already control the city as far as crime goes. How long, in reality, would they wait before taking over the city entirely? They have the financial means, and they have the manpower.

Hopefully, soon, I can get more insight into the status of these gangs and what their future goals are. For now, this is the only insight I can offer. If you're new to Los Santos and looking for a fresh start, well then stay clear of the crime life unless you plan to be in a war. If you're trying to stay legit and out of trouble, the role of being a cop, may not be the choice for you.

Written by Ezekial Diablo – Writer at Weazel News

• Like 5