mcperson2k

I

Image result for it aint much

3 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

If you don't want to work as a medic, officer, or be a criminal, you pretty much get shafted here.

Seems to be fine for me.

4 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

How is it that being a law abiding citizen is such hard work?

I mean, if you actually abide the law... As I pretty much never get tickets.

5 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

I am required to pull over for every police officer who is bored, while taking money out of my own pocket, that I have had to grind for, to fulfill their RP.

No. You can do whatever you want since its an IC issue. Maybe see what you can do to overcome this.

6 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

I literally do a truck job for 1k that takes 30+ minutes to complete, only to be given a 1k ticket for going 85kph on the way back from the truck yard from a cop who just passed me going 100kph.

Can't remember trucker job actually gave that much in 30 min. And why you think going 15 over the limit should be accepted?

8 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

I'm getting tickets that cost more than the actual speeding cameras. and i'm forced to just take it like a champ, for the RP's sake.

I mean, again, you don't have to.

8 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

So not only do you have to give up my free will to any criminal who points a gun in my direction, but I also have to watch my back for police too.

If you just abide the law completely....

9 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

The criminals are able to rob, kill, speed, but how often do they actually get caught? How often is there a big shoot out, and all you see are a ton of police standing around, doing nothing but collecting items from the dead while a medic might save one or two remaining people.

Quite often. Can confirm. But ofcourse not always due to the crime amount. Actually, whats the point here? PD doing nothing? As I can confirm they most likely do more than you think, but you can't just see it from a distance.

11 minutes ago, mcperson2k said:

These people barely get a slap on the wrist for these scenarios, but it literally costs me thousands of dollars just to drive down the street every day. 

PD (and SD, not sure if you also mean those) actually have a lot of rules to maintane quality RP. Next to that, OOC they are the same like you. If they break a rule, report it.

So ofcourse I can not 100% confirm what you did/do is right or wrong. All I can say is that from my experience, if you are actually RP'ing a fully law abiding citizen you are good to go. I just don't see why you should expect not getting punished for doing bad things. RP wise, PD is doing great, but they can't do it 100% on their own. They also need RP from the people around them. Just take it easy for a bit and stay calm. I know it can be frustrating, but I personally believe this should be more like an IC issue.

• Like 2

Peeps should not rob civilian so much. One day I was at some countys store to buy food and random white motorcycle bulled up and few seconds later "Hands up!" You good bro? I know you are a criminal but you shouldnt run away and pull the gun every second you see lone wolf on the streets. I even run into the bank to hide as he was approaching but he didn't give any f's, he just wanted to rob me.

41 minutes ago, VodkaAndAK47 said:

I can handle tickets when I'm driving my own car but when I'm driving a stolen one then that seems kind of unfair. It's supposed to go by license plate, right?

it would be even more unfair if someone got their car stolen and they got the tickets.

At the heart of things, it's cops and robbers that bring the the excitement to the server. In order for someone to be a criminal, there does have to be a victim and like in real life, it's the every day average job that often pays the price for that.

Script support isn't the best for civilians admittedly, but the environment isn't going to adapt to you, you have to adapt to the environment. Simply expecting people to leave you be because you're not in a gang is the wrong mentality. If anything if you aren't part of a group, ANYONE can mess with you because they don't have to deal with the fallout from it.

Criminals get caught a lot, they serve a lot of time in prison and pay a lot in fines. Their cars get impounded, they have to pay to get them out. They lose their weapons and their drugs, both of which cost.

You chose to be a truck driver and you chose to go 85km/h. RP develops thanks to choices and we do not choose for you.

Maybe there's something wrong about your choices, not about cops (I don't doubt that some of them do more illegal stuff than the people they punish but stop crying and man up).

Edited by TheCactus

Won't lie, there are some issues with the civilian lifestyle. Going from 1 year DOC/SD to now solo it is quite challenging and frustrating at times. You have no backup, and people can try target you if they don't know you. Without being a government worker, you're likely a easier target for most. However that's just part of the game and how it is. 

For myself? I keep my legal character doing legals stuff, solo still but play less hours on this account until I regain some form of legal job. I tend to play on my alt more which is in a criminal group. Sometimes you have to compromise to the existing circumstances and go with the flow. 

But I do agree with your money trucking job moan, I put in a suggestion about it being fixed. Should check it out 🙂