Msato

Shooting whilst driving

On 11/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, Meggs_56 said:

80 MPH (130 km) is a little fast to be wielding a weapon whilst trying to operate a vehicle. Thinking about this realistically yes people do things all the time whilst driving. Do I think it would be impossible to shoot from a vehicle whilst going 80 MPH? No, but I do think it would be slightly unrealistic especially if the roads in which you are driving are not just a straight highway.  +1 but under the condition that the speed is lowered. 

I've never used gun while goin 130kmh, but I'd say it's slightly harder to shoot while driving compared to texting while driving.

I don't think realistic shot accuracy scripting would be possible, it would practically be blind firing.

Not only would you be firing a weapon from the interior of a vehicle or from a motorcycle while driving, considering attempt to control the weapon and vehicle, you have wind affect that would immediately impact your shot depending on speed and angle once it hits moving air. Something as small as 10 mph wind sheer can cause you to miss your shot (ref) especially in small arms.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

This has been a feature in the server, but we have deliberately disabled it and we are not interested in enabling it because of the issues it brought on us. It may potentially be possible in the future that we push for this, should role-play levels increase drastically in all areas. Some mechanics that are in the game was not meant to simulate realism to the point where it's feasible for a role-play server, and we quickly saw this back when we had it enabled.

• We had severe issues with rag doll mechanics and cars, making it extremely easy for players to kill one another from the driver's seat of a vehicle.
  • The way aiming and accuracy works whilst driving and shooting is too unrealistic. While we could combat this by adding more recoil and potentially removing crosshairs for drivers, it unfortunately will be ruined by those who seek unfair advantage over others - as we saw with the removal of crosshairs, something which we had to re-implement because of community members finding ways to circumvent the removal. 
  • It encouraged too much unrealistic behavior in shootouts overall. Majority of players would sit in vehicles and move slightly to make them a harder target - because of how Rage MP sync works. 

We are currently happy with the system being disabled right now, passengers of vehicles can still shoot from the vehicle - drivers can focus on driving.

- Osborn.

• Like 9

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.