Msato

Shooting whilst driving

Just now, Dashingly said:

you absolutely would not be able to shoot a 50 caliber pistol accurately with one hand while driving and maintaining speed. 

Not once did I say accurately. I said you would be able to shoot. Accuracy would come from skill not a mechanic. 

Now let's get back on topic please. 

3 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Not once did I say accurately. I said you would be able to shoot. Accuracy would come from skill not a mechanic. 

This is an essential part of your topic, and what you just said is exactly my point. In game you don't experience recoil because you're in third person, its a matter of just clicking left mouse button while pressing W. It's exactly why there is no shooting out of the vehicle currently in the game. EDIT:  accuracy isn't a factor due to in game mechanics being far easier to manage then how it would be in real life.

I actually agree that you should be able to shoot out of the drivers seat of the vehicle, but while moving at very very low speeds or stopped. You should 100% be able to shoot your pistol/uzi while stopped if you're the drive of a vehicle, and maybe lower caliber guns if you're moving slowly. 

Edited by Dashingly

4 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

It is a question of there being an ounce of realism. Just because you can potentially taze someone off a bike doing 200 kmph while you are standing still doesn't mean it makes any rp sense. Likewise your are steering at somewhat high speeds hitting bumps in the road managing he vehicle there is no possible way you are going to be anywhere near a marksman when shooting in these conditions. I find it absurd to say well you can do it in game let's call it "skill". Point being the server is meant for Serious RP and this would be a clear ignorance of that.

80 MPH (130 km) is a little fast to be wielding a weapon whilst trying to operate a vehicle. Thinking about this realistically yes people do things all the time whilst driving. Do I think it would be impossible to shoot from a vehicle whilst going 80 MPH? No, but I do think it would be slightly unrealistic especially if the roads in which you are driving are not just a straight highway.  +1 but under the condition that the speed is lowered. 

• Like 1

We use to be able to shoot while driving back in 2017 but the only rule was that we could not shoot backwards as the driver. I had taken a break from the server when the ability to shoot was removed, would anyone happen to know what was the reason. I feel it would be very helpful to know.

Edited by Phantas

Realistically, you can shoot at whatever speed you want, however, there are some risks involved. For example, of course, your aim will be whack as you are going at high speeds, the road is not even at all times and then there is a risk of crashing, flipping your vehicle and whatnot. You have to aim and then focus on the road which is very difficult, if the developers could appropriately deal with such conditions I'd be for this idea as it would be more interesting. Of course, pulling out an AK-47 while driving at 180 km/h would be somewhat unrealistic, therefore, making it realistic and involving all the conditions like disorientation would be cool to see.

-1, I was playing on the server when the script to stop people from shooting from vehicles wasn't a thing yet.

1. People were abusing vehicles that had the back of the vehicle cowered using metal (spoiler, small back windows ) or no windows, so they could shot back towards people, but if you tried at shot them, the metal would stop your bullets, making them invincible.

2. Its not hard to go on highway, drive in straight line and shoot at people with 100% accuracy.

Edited by BrainDed
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:20 PM, kenichis said:

+1 except for bikes, they should only be allowed to shoot when under 70kmph as anything over that doesn't really make sense to take off your hands from the handlebars and aim at someone.

Trust me, over 50kmh and you definitely wanna keep your both hands in the handlebars. It's like suicide mission to take off your hands in higher speeds.

+1 

Pitting is already restricted to cars that come stock with ram bars, which doesn't leave you a lot of opportunity to pit if the car you're chasing is just faster than you. Driving with a passenger doesn't help much either, since in a lot of cases slows down the car you're using for the reason of catching up with them

On 11/25/2019 at 9:14 PM, Victor Einhart said:

If there's no crosshair while in the vehicle, maybe give it a try.  Sounds like it'll lead to dumb things from my perspective though.

Agreed

And no, a police officer operating the cruiser cannot fire from it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.