Jawn

Jail time

No but afk jail time should be added back since there is nothing to do in jail and the only rp there is beating the fuck out of each other or a poker table that no one has money for

• Like 1

This would defeat the entire purpose of having IC consequences for your IC actions and it would mean you can benefit IC'ly from something by doing something OOC'ly, which defeats the purpose of RP. 

Getting 3+ hours is pretty difficult if you're IC'ly behaving intelligently, but everyone plays a character that way. I see almost everyday where people who are going to get a 10 minute jail sentence for reckless operation decide to run from the cops, create a pursuit and then turn it into a gun fight afterwards, resulting in their 10 minute jail sentence turning into a 400 minute prison sentence. You then shouldn't be rewarded by benefiting IC'ly from not playing the game, if prison RP is not something you're after then just make sure your character isn't going to prison, avoiding prison is not exactly difficult and I know plenty of criminals that I know OOC'ly commit a plethora of crimes, but they act smart IC'ly and thus avoid the charges. 

There is also plenty to do in prison, not so much jail, but there is plenty to do in prison. If you think the only thing to do in prison is beating each other up then that's just a lack of imagination I am afraid. There is nothing stopping people from interacting with each other and creating IC drama, story lines, friendships, alliances or conflicts that doesn't mean just randomly hitting each other for no reason, which would be deathmatching anyway. 

• Upvote 1

How are you suppose to RP with no one in the jail. DOC is never in the jail on the catwalk I’ve been in jail a lot of times and have seen them once.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

This would defeat the entire purpose of having IC consequences for your IC actions and it would mean you can benefit IC'ly from something by doing something OOC'ly, which defeats the purpose of RP. 

Getting 3+ hours is pretty difficult if you're IC'ly behaving intelligently, but everyone plays a character that way. I see almost everyday where people who are going to get a 10 minute jail sentence for reckless operation decide to run from the cops, create a pursuit and then turn it into a gun fight afterwards, resulting in their 10 minute jail sentence turning into a 400 minute prison sentence. You then shouldn't be rewarded by benefiting IC'ly from not playing the game, if prison RP is not something you're after then just make sure your character isn't going to prison, avoiding prison is not exactly difficult and I know plenty of criminals that I know OOC'ly commit a plethora of crimes, but they act smart IC'ly and thus avoid the charges. 

There is also plenty to do in prison, not so much jail, but there is plenty to do in prison. If you think the only thing to do in prison is beating each other up then that's just a lack of imagination I am afraid. There is nothing stopping people from interacting with each other and creating IC drama, story lines, friendships, alliances or conflicts that doesn't mean just randomly hitting each other for no reason, which would be deathmatching anyway. 

hmmm not going to lie only people i see that make the same statements as you are other moderators and admins, probably because you guys go to jail much less if at all no offense just speaking facts

On 10/8/2019 at 1:21 AM, Aldari_Tagril said:

This would defeat the entire purpose of having IC consequences for your IC actions

The jail feels like OOC punishment right now. Forcing people to sit at their computers and doing nothing for 4h. That's not IC anymore. That affects my ooc relationships.

"hey wanna go out"

"nah I can't, I gotta stare at my pc for 4h"

Just no.

• Like 2

-1 as said above jail time is suppose to be a punishment, if you can do your jail time ooc then it isn't a punishment. Also there is plenty to do in jail but that dosnt mean you can't suggest other things to do in there.

34 minutes ago, Hilbert said:

The jail feels like OOC punishment right now. Forcing people to sit at their computers and doing nothing for 4h. That's not IC anymore. That affects my ooc relationships.

"hey wanna go out"

"nah I can't, I gotta stare at my pc for 4h"

Just no.

There are reasons to re-visit the prison sentences, specifically the removal of the AFK timer, but this? Affecting your OOC relationships? No.

"hey wanna go out"

"sure"

*close game*

???

No one is forcing you to do the prison time all at once, you can make those 4 hours by playing for 10 minutes a day for 24 days.

• Like 1

Something that I personally advocated for since the beginning of the fight for the unlimited prison time was offline jail sentence serving. 

The idea is the following:

A criminal, let's call him Joe gets arrested for shooting cops. It doesn't make sense for him to be out in two hours shooting cops again.

However, let's say that the same Joe gets arrested and under the unlimited prison time, receives a sentence of 6 hours. Now that's pretty lengthy to serve, especially without any AFK.

The solution: Joe logs off for the day, perhaps goes onto an alternate character, and the prison time goes down twice as slow. (12 hours)

This way Joe does not go back to shooting cops within two hours, there are consequences, but you also don't keep Joe in the desolate prison for 6 hours.

I feel like it's the best of both worlds.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Something that I personally advocated for since the beginning of the fight for the unlimited prison time was offline jail sentence serving. 

A criminal, let's call him Joe gets arrested for shooting cops. It doesn't make sense for him to be out in two hours shooting cops again.

However, let's say that the same Joe gets arrested and under the unlimited prison time, receives a sentence of 6 hours. Now that's pretty lengthy to serve, especially without any AFK.

The solution: Joe logs off for the day, perhaps goes onto an alternate character, and the prison time goes down twice as slow. (12 hours)

This way Joe does not go back to shooting cops within two hours, there are consequences, but you also don't keep Joe in the desolate prison for 6 hours.

Even if the sentance is doubbled for offline jtime, you are still able to ooc searve your time for a ic consequence which should not be aloud. If You do something ic then you face the consequences ic aswell. (The only exception to this is admin reports)

23 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

There are reasons to re-visit the prison sentences, specifically the removal of the AFK timer, but this? Affecting your OOC relationships? No.

"hey wanna go out"

"sure"

*close game*

???

No one is forcing you to do the prison time all at once, you can make those 4 hours by playing for 10 minutes a day for 24 days.

no i have busy life

jail is abseloutly an ooc punishment right now, we have said it so many times but looks like no one cares that much, they don't want to reduce it and even add anything to the jail. people who say that you can rp in the jail are mostly legal characters or never been into jail alone for a couple hours.

just serve the time man, im over it

-1, I think twice now before doing stuff. Although I would love to see the jailtime go down really really really slow when offline aswell.
There has been similair suggestions in the past when unlimited jail time became a thing. I also suggested a really slow count down there when offline too, but I can't find that topic back since it has been quite a while.

Edited by Yputi

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

+1 to that! This is the only sane option in this situation. Right now, you should not be punished with boredom (as you spend actual hours of your life barely even playing). I know this is an RP server, but we all must remember that this is still a game. It is not fun to do nothing for hours on end.

Doubling the time of the sentence if you decide to spend it OOCly makes a lot of sense, preventing serious criminals from coming back too quickly and may give people a chance to work on other characters they may have, or actually spend their time doing something.

Only flaw I see with this is it reduces RP with the DOC. I don't see everyone logging off as soon as they get arrested but I'm sure this would be a problem. Maybe a workaround is making it so your prison time doesn't go down if any DOC is online while you're offline in prison.

20 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

This is probably the best jail suggestion have you thought to make a post about this because I think personally after spending ALOT of time in jail this is the best out come. 

Like others have said, there is no role play in jail and if there is it’s 5 minutes out of your 4hr+ sentence. DOC workers avoid all contact with you at all cost hell most of the time they just /jail you threw the entrance to the prison they are not there to RP at all I’ve been in there before when someone was injured and they asked for a medic when the DOC worker replied with “ he will wake up in his cell soon” simply can’t be bothered to RP with you. 

No one plays poker no one mines and if they do it’s until they realise they are getting $22 per ore and if you happen to go to the toilet and get bashed and lose your items or simply reconnect inside of the prison you will lose everything you just mined away for because you just fell threw the floor and injured yourself there goes 4hrs of mining 

Edited by Dylan Ortiz
  • Like 1