Cyrus Raven

Clarification on Non-RP rules regarding off-roading.

The current Non-RP rules state the following:

Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

• Examples of actions that are considered as non-roleplay:

However, as it currently stands** players are able to take extremely expensive vehicles and bikes and use them off-road, where realistically speaking it would completely break the suspension  and other components of such vehicles, not to mention that whoever owned these type of vehicles would never in their right mind take their vehicles on such terrain.

The rules themselves state that Non-RP are ''actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay''. In my opinion, using a multi-million dollar super car off-road is extremely unrealistic, the same applies for any super car or bike that isn't made for off-road purposes. 

What confuses me the most is that there are already rules in place, in fact the same Non-RP rule set, that prevents players from ramming other vehicles if their cars are not built for it or are extremely expensive. So my question to the staff team is why you would disallow ramming, giving the justification that these cars are expensive and not built for it, but would allow these same types of vehicles to climb a mountain or go at high speeds on bumpy dirt paths.

P.S. What I am talking about here is off-roading, NOT stunt jumping. From my understanding, anyone caught ramping their vehicles from high places no matter the build is prone to a Non-RP punishment. My issue is specifically with the precedent set bellow and the rules allowing supers and other expensive and non-suitable vehicles to go off-road at high speeds or even climb mountains, even if they are not stunt-jumping.

** Case that established that going off-road is ok as long as you ''maintain control'' 

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

Just saw this and wanted to add my input.

+1 this. I'll just switch to my BF400 and if any cops bring their crown Vic/charger etc off road in a chase I'll report them for non RP. Sound good? 

52 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

In all seriousness, making certain cars nonRP to take off-road would make the BF400 so powerful as a criminal vehicle. Cops would be useless without a chopper at hand, since few cops drive the Granger.

+1 from me and tbh I absolutely would be happy not to follow a vehicle off road. My first few chases that led offroad I broke off and followed the road because I thought it WAS non rp to drive the crown Victoria offroad.

I dont speak for everyone but I would love this rule for the simple fact or realism. I'll take my truck off road because that's what it's for, but my wife car? Fuck no

I mean this can be counteracted by having more actively deployed motorcycle units, specifically BF400 by SD, considering the terrain we operate in. I would rather limit vehicles going off-road for the sake of realism and then counter-act the possibility of people using BF400s with an IC update to units used by PD/SD, but that might just be me.

Not everything is one dimensional. I don't speak for all cops, but as I mentioned, I would rather deal with BF400s that are going off-road because they realistically can VS allow all vehicles off-road while having strict rules for ramming vehicles (something that feels contradictory to me)

You may have a ton of criminals on BF400s, but you will also have a bunch of cops on them too, that's how RP works, we adapt to the situation, just like we did with our cruisers VS sports/supers.

Certain departments of LEOs use dirt bikes depending on their need. New York City? Nah. Cops in Vegas? Why not? There is a lot of desert around. Makes sense. And there are departments that do it in the real world. It could even be extra vehicles used as needed or called for over the radio. Or standard use by Blaine County Sheriffs.  It wouldn’t be as you describe Brainded. 

Edited by Steve Atkins

2 hours ago, BrainDed said:

That wouldn't work for PD though, you can't expect officers to patrol in the city on BF400, it would look retarded

Of course not, which is why they would have something more suited for the city like Batis, regular motorcycle units or even drags, seeing as their main field of operation is the city which mainly has paved streets.

I mean , its not a good idea... Pd's allready overpowered.  its. impossible  to escape the cops cuz crown vics goes as supers 200km/h... Not talking about insurgents when they are ramming everytime.... The only possible way is through the desert... But how if you cant cuz its non rp :??? Think wisely... nerf cops first , then talk bout gangs...

Edited by Chronius420

2 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

I mean , its not a good idea... Pd's allready overpowered.  its. impossible  to escape the cops cuz crown vics goes as supers 200km/h... Not talking about insurgents when they are ramming everytime.... The only possible way is through the desert... But how if you cant cuz its non rp :??? Think wisely... Buff cops first , then talk bout gangs...

You realize the only reason cop cars got a buff is cause every convicted felon had a sports/super car, does that in any way shape or form sound realistic to you ? 

2 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

You realize the only reason cop cars got a buff is cause every convicted felon had a sports/super car, does that in any way shape or form sound realistic to you ? 

then cops should have like something like street force or smthng , its strange that every crown vic goes as super..

Well that's my point, just like it's unrealistic to have every cop with essentially a super crown vic, it's unrealistic to have criminals with supers or even sports cars, so the question is, are you willing to concede that both have to change or will you try and claim that only PD is ''unrealistic'' while ignoring the criminals and all their supers and sports ?

4 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

Well that's my point, just like it's unrealistic to have every cop with essentially a super crown vic, it's unrealistic to have criminals with supers or even sports cars, so the question is, are you willing to concede that both have to change or will you try and claim that only PD is ''unrealistic'' while ignoring the criminals and all their supers and sports ?

We're getting to the point... Superpowered crowd vics is unrealistic... Flying with 811 through the desert is unrealistic tho... But with contender or drag with offroad tyres... why not ? But with criminals and their supers.. Criminals cant have super cars?? Look at IRL gangs/mafias... Everyone rolling with lambos/ferrs 😄

Edited by Chronius420

2 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

We're getting to the point... Superpowered crowd vics is unrealistic... Flying with 811 through the desert is unrealistic tho... But with contender or drag with offroad tyres... why not ?

We're talking about two separate issues.

1 - Criminals owning supercars and sports cars VS PD having boosted crown vics. 

I would considered these both unrealistic, so the solutions would either be to match the criminals and have better crown vics, which is what happened, or take away supers and sports, making them extremely expensive vehicles.

2 - Sports cars and sports bikes being able to go off-road

I would argue this is unrealistic and would restrict both criminal vehicles and PD vehicles from being able to do this. 

You still haven't answered my question.

''are you willing to concede that both have to change or will you try and claim that only PD is ''unrealistic'' while ignoring the criminals and all their supers and sports ?''

+1, I’m all for this as long as the same applies to PD, I’ve seen cruisers go flying over off road hills, most likely on accident though. I would also like for High Speed Units that get deployed to be bound by the same NonRP standard of driving it off-road. 

I agree that it’s somewhat contradicting to have a NonRP rule for ramming and damaging your expensive car, when driving off road would be just as bad for it. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

I mean , its not a good idea... Pd's allready overpowered.  its. impossible  to escape the cops cuz crown vics goes as supers 200km/h... Not talking about insurgents when they are ramming everytime.... The only possible way is through the desert... But how if you cant cuz its non rp :??? Think wisely... nerf cops first , then talk bout gangs...

I'm not even going to start in on this. However statistically we end up calling off a pursuit more than we are able to finish a pursuit. Especially if we do not have a helicopter.

Yes the boosted crown vic can go 200km/h+. However that is only in a straight line. Take a slight left turn? Good luck see you at Pillbox.

Over the last 2 weeks I responded to 39 chases. Of those we only managed to successfully capture 11 individuals. Of those 11 individuals only 3 were in sports/supers and all 3 of those were covered by a Police Helicopter and ran out of fuel.

An example from last night. We were chasing a Drag down the highway. We barely had visual and were about to call it when the driver of said drag took a hard right to go off-road. Up a nearly 80 degree slope which none of us could follow. I'm not understanding how this cannot be classed as Non-RP when you see Jeeps rarely make it up cliffs like that.

As stated before I would happily not follow a vehicle off-road, for fear of breaking Non-RP. However, the current state of the server requires that I at least make the attempt as an overwhelming majority of pursuits end up going off-road.

Edited by Asiantator
embarrassing spelling errors.

22 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

We're talking about two separate issues.

1 - Criminals owning supercars and sports cars VS PD having boosted crown vics. 

I would considered these both unrealistic, so the solutions would either be to match the criminals and have better crown vics, which is what happened, or take away supers and sports, making them extremely expensive vehicles.

2 - Sports cars and sports bikes being able to go off-road

I would argue this is unrealistic and would restrict both criminal vehicles and PD vehicles from being able to do this. 

You still haven't answered my question.

''are you willing to concede that both have to change or will you try and claim that only PD is ''unrealistic'' while ignoring the criminals and all their supers and sports ?''

All I wanted to say is... That you have overpowered crown vics cause of supers.... But how about simple guys who has like elegy retro which goes 185km/h... You still using the same overpowered crown vic for them... This is the point.... Nerf overpowered crown vics , and make seperate force for supers.... Super vs super. Normal car vs Normal car. This is the point.

Also taking away supers?? This is kinda dumb... Its allready overpriced...

Edited by Chronius420

25 minutes ago, Chronius420 said:

All I wanted to say is... That you have overpowered crown vics cause of supers.... But how about simple guys who has like elegy retro which goes 185km/h... You still using the same overpowered crown vic for them... This is the point.... Nerf overpowered crown vics , and make seperate force for supers.... Super vs super. Normal car vs Normal car. This is the point.

Also taking away supers?? This is kinda dumb... Its allready overpriced...

We didn't decide this willy nilly, we legit had weeks of people posting pursuit logs to determine how many pursuits we were failing or losing. News flash, a retro is x10 better than a cruiser, all they have to do is start going around corners and using it's insane acceleration and they will probably lose the cops.

Something you have to understand is that the majority of pursuits involve sports/supercars (let's not even mention bikes as we don't even bother to pursue those 90% of times) We are adapting our vehicles to what the majority of the pursuits require, we would never have to do this if criminals owning sports/supercars weren't an issue in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

We didn't decide this willy nilly, we legit had weeks of people posting pursuit logs to determine how many pursuits we were failing or losing. News flash, a retro is x10 better than a cruiser, all they have to do is start going around corners and using it's insane acceleration and they will probably lose the cops.

Something you have to understand is that the majority of pursuits involve sports/supercars (let's not even mention bikes as we don't even bother to pursue those 90% of times) We are adapting our vehicles to what the majority of the pursuits require, we would never have to do this if criminals owning sports/supercars weren't an issue in the first place. 

I mean yeah , there is some true... But cops are allready more buffed than anyone in the game. First they dont drop guns or items after death , they have panic  button etc...