ProblyStoned

Boxing gloves to improve fist fights

For far too long, this city has needed an overhaul with its fighting system. A quick and simple solution would be adding boxing gloves (Weighted for more damage) to the weapon stores.  This would allow the punch damage to be much greater and the fights wouldn't have to last for an eternity. By adding the boxing gloves, it will open a ton of RP value in the shape of MMA clubs, back ally brawls, legal/illegal fights, boxing gyms, dojos, etc. There could be rival gyms, issues resolved in cage fights; I can literally think of a thousand different RP ideas with just boxing gloves.

F.A.Q

Q: But why do we need this?
A: Hand to hand fights take too long due to desync. However, knife and bottle fights last a reasonable amount of time. If we had Gloves/Dusters that did the same amount of damage, we could have great RP fights!

Q: But don't boxing gloves make you do LESS damage?
A: Yes, however the server has a desync issue that NBDY will not be able to resolve as its not on his end. While fist fighting (low damage), the desync causes the fights to go on for so long, people grow bored. When two people fight with glass bottles or knives, the fights last a satisfying amount of time, so if we make the gloves similar in damage we could enjoy some fights. Consider the gloves to be weighted.

Q: What about adding something that does more damage, like brass knuckles?
A: Don't get me wrong, add brass knuckles too for more RP value, but we would need boxing gloves for legal and "safe" fights. Brass knuckles would serve as excellent back-ally brawl weapons and I fully support the idea.

Q: Why not just increase the damage of bare fists?
A: There are many "misclicks" and general actions we would still want to perform like friendly punches, etc. By keeping the fists the same damage we could still use them for a ton of RP without worrying about dropping someone on accident. We could keep it on a progression: Fists > Gloves > Brass Knuckles. Not to mention, NBDY has stated that he does not have the ability to add more damage to the regular punches.

Q: Yo, what's desync?
A: The lag between your actions and another persons computer. When you move on the screen, other people around you do not see that action immediately. Common things you'll see on the server would include people driving on flat/missing tires, people seeing your car as perfect when its heavily damaged, seeing different weather, and eternal fist fights where you both think you're winning, but no ones doing anything...

Edited by ProblyStoned
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 16

An alternative to this might possibly be adding knuckledusters or something similar. They cause more damage realistically, and they would look cool from a gang perspective. 

14 hours ago, iAchieve said:

An alternative to this might possibly be adding knuckledusters or something similar. They cause more damage realistically, and they would look cool from a gang perspective. 

That could be added as well, but if we want proper boxing matches and things, we need gloves that do damage!

If this was purely cosmetic then I will +1
As stated previously, boxing gloves actually reduce damage. Also, I don't see any reason "adding to RP" would have to coincide with increased damage.

+1 although damage shouldn't be increased because of it, rather to reduce it to have better fights and so on, since lets be real gloves are only used in "legal" matches not in a gang related fights.
Although I don't think that there even can be fight RP since lets be real desync is so bad that you can be fighting someone for 30 minutes and still both have full HP and that's what I think is shitty in this server, desync ruins loads of rp scenarios, there is no point to have a knife, bat or just use fists because due to desync other party will just draw a gun out while you hit air in their screen.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:45 AM, Balastas said:

+1 although damage shouldn't be increased because of it, rather to reduce it to have better fights and so on, since lets be real gloves are only used in "legal" matches not in a gang related fights.
Although I don't think that there even can be fight RP since lets be real desync is so bad that you can be fighting someone for 30 minutes and still both have full HP and that's what I think is shitty in this server, desync ruins loads of rp scenarios, there is no point to have a knife, bat or just use fists because due to desync other party will just draw a gun out while you hit air in their screen.

Which is exactly why we need the boxing gloves to INCREASE damage. When the bum fights were held, they used broken bottles and such and those fights lasted the perfect amount of time. If we had some boxing gloves that did the same amount of damage, we could use them to RP fights without everyone running around with powered up fists.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:35 AM, Aldarine said:

If this was purely cosmetic then I will +1
As stated previously, boxing gloves actually reduce damage. Also, I don't see any reason "adding to RP" would have to coincide with increased damage.

I understand that they reduce damage. The point is powering up everyone's fists to do more damage would be far more catastrophic. What we want is a boxing glove that does damage, that way we can actually RP fights. As it stands now, we cannot have fights because of desync issues, and less damage is a problem. This is why bare knuckle fighting practically never ends. However, if it did as much damage as a broken bottle or something along those lines, we could use them to RP fights. NBDY will not be able to correct the desync issue, but we can work around it with the gloves.

+1 you would want the damage to reduce it to draw out a fight if it's a "Boxing match"  This could lead to some cool RP even outside the fight itself, like Boxing Leagues, with some boxing promotions etc.  Also, why not put that Maze Bank Arena to work!  

"Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over."

Hell yeah brother +1 , always thought boxing matches or something like that would be cool as an event. (Which in my opinion would be fun to watch with these items)🙂

+1

We need new things in the city. Parties, raffles, and strip clubs are getting tired and old.

This is a unique, fun, and easy to implement idea that will definitely add to the server.
I hope to see this ASAP!!!!

This is kind of like two things at once.

On the first issue a fight venue with betting would be great and I think for rp reasons, inside a venue gloves should increase damage in the sense that it speeds up fights. If we could have a fight venue that had several fights going on a daily basis it could very well rival poker. The corruption potential and gang v gang to potential are both amazing.

The second thing is long fights outside of organized fighting. In THIS case the introduction of brass knuckles, albeit severely reduced in damage compared to GTA vanilla would be great.

Edited by CumFilledFrog
Lots of compound sentences