Kai

Add Mailbox system on houses.

Currently, if you're trying to get in touch or leave a message for an owner of a house, its impossible if you dont know who it is.

Having a way you can leave a message where they are alerted in chat (similar to ticket system maybe) would be extremely beneficial to the server, property owners, buyers as well as friends.  You'd get this notification as you enter your home, that way there is no metagaming and may encourage people to check their home and mail more often.  

This would certainly help with people trying to purchase houses or any other needs of contact.  

Theres an argument for further information, however I dont think there should be names, phone numbers or emails so that owners can remain anonymous. 

Edited by Kai
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Teca said:

Im afraid it could be classed as Metagaming so ill refrain myself from expanding.

What does that even mean? Why even make mention of a method if its illegal or immoral? Are you simply inferring about asking around until you find out the owner? Or do you mean searching the address on the forums until you find a possible match? Its only meta gaming if I use that OOC information in an IC context. 

22 minutes ago, Lucius.D said:

What does that even mean? Why even make mention of a method if its illegal or immoral? Are you simply inferring about asking around until you find out the owner? Or do you mean searching the address on the forums until you find a possible match? Its only meta gaming if I use that OOC information in an IC context. 

Means im telling you there is a way which involves IC actions so im not gona share them here.

Edited by Teca

20 hours ago, Teca said:

Means im telling you there is a way which involves IC actions so im not gona share them here.

My suggestion, in my opinion, makes this whole system much much better. 

It allows people to leave messages without having to know the owner.

As mentioned in OP - its better to not necessarily declare the owner too easily.

+1 means you can also send them warrants to their home muwahahahaha

In all actuallity sure why not? Even though mail is so uncommon now with paper less I only check my mail every couple days unless im expecting something, and its usually just all junk ads...maybe you could pay to have fliers mailed to homes too like weazel ads, dunno  just kicking ideas back and worth.

5 hours ago, Kai said:

My suggestion, in my opinion, makes this whole system much much better. 

It allows people to leave messages without having to know the owner.

As mentioned in OP - its better to not necessarily declare the owner too easily.

I agree with you 100% the way its now is.not very reliable and lasts very very long time thats why i gave you +1 in my first post on this topic.

+1, 

You could stand youside the door and do /mail [message], and when the owner enters. He/she would then do /checkmail to get the mails up to the chat. My idea is that they would work like tickets. Meaning they see this in the  chat:

Mails:

[ID 1] : Hey interested in selling the house? Text me at 123456789

The owner could then use the command /clearmail [ID] to clear them from the chat. There should be a limit to i.e 5-10 mails until your mailbox is full.

The idea of having advertisements would be great. Maybe add it to the postal services or even create a new scripted job?

Leave you thoughts on this please ! 🙂

Greetings, this can now be accomplished using GoPostal mailboxes.

1. Get a note.
  2. Write note.
  3. Send. /sendmail?

1. Postal Worker
  2. Accept Job (from address, not business) /vieworders
  3. Go to Mailbox
  4. /collectmail?
  5. Travel to location.
  6. /delivermail

1. When you're at home, /checkmail

(I'll update these commands as soon as I'm in game.)

Just now, Xoza said:

Greetings, this can now be accomplished using GoPostal mailboxes.

1. Get a note.
  2. Write note.
  3. Send. /sendmail?

1. Postal Worker
  2. Accept Job (from address, not business) /vieworders
  3. Go to Mailbox
  4. /collectmail?
  5. Travel to location.
  6. /delivermail

1. When you're at home, /checkmail

(I'll update these commands as soon as I'm in game.)

Pretty sure the mail system has been bugged for quite a while. The mail doesn't get delivered to the correct address, but a random address instead.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.