Ezrya

ID 215 (13. Fear RP)

Player(s) being reported: ID 215
Date of interaction reported: 22/09/2019
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1569182678

Your characters name: Kanna Zhao

Other player(s) involved: Reina Moraine (ID 138), Dennis Good (ID 186)

Specific rule(s) broken:

13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life.

• Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is considered to be in direct danger:

• When you are on foot or bike and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.

• When you’re in a vehicle that is stalled or turned off and a weapon is aimed at you close range.

• When the attacker lowers their weapon to type or roleplay, your life remains in direct danger.

• Driving a vehicle in an active shootout more than once without the intent of protecting a friend, fleeing with it, or using it as cover.

• Examples (but not limited to), where your character’s life is NOT considered to be in direct danger:

• When you are in a car which engine is not stalled.

• When you have a firearm drawn and are facing the other person before they attacked.

• When the attacker’s view is obstructed by an object or when they turn their back on you.

• As a victim, whose life is in direct danger:

• You must display reasonable value for your life and comply with the demands of your attacker.

• You cannot call 911 or call your friends or allies to aid you.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I was on lookout on the CERT wall at DOC when ID 215 pulls up on a bike shouting to me saying "whats up slut" I proceed to ask him if I can do anything for him and understand what his business here is. He then steps off the bike and pulls out a gun, I call it in over the radio and Reina Moraine runs out the front gate with a carbine to detain him as I come down to assist her. We both then point guns at him at close range, Reina orders me to check his pockets for his gun license as he claims to have one. As I do the RP for it he replies with a /do saying he would drive off as I check. I remind him hes under fearRP and he claims because he knows the force matrix he knows Reina isn't going to shoot. We go back and fourth a bit OOC and then he drives off. From there my game crashed but when I returned he was gone.

He was clearly under fearRP as he had a carbine pointed at him at close range.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://streamable.com/9y5xt

• PogU 2

As you clearly stated my Character knows he wasnt going to be shot as he NEVER AIMED his gun and PUT IT STRAIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THE OFFICER 'Dennis Good' ASKED HIM TO. The main reason he knew he wasnt going to be shot was because he didnt cause any threat to any officer there (apart from maybe calling the officer a slut, lol) and he has a history from working for the Goverment (Including the DOC) so he has a strict knowledge of when he would be allowed to be shot at or not; due to knowing everything about the Force Matrix and the Laws of the city.

I completely understand why you would think it's fearRP as you didnt know my character and his background however considering the circumstances it would be FailRP for the DOC to run out and shoot an un-armed man also anyways it's not like DOC workers are Zetas... Who would just shoot a person riding away after trying to search an ID and no current threat.
I do understand your point but from a RP point of view my character has enough experience from working with the force to understand that he was safe in that situation.

Fear RP: Fear roleplay is the concept of roleplaying fear for your character’s safety and life.
1. My Life was not at all in danger as i knew i was not a threat (From previous DOC work experience)
2. I was on a bike my gun had been away for a good minute or so when asked to do so by the good officer ( I also never AIMED IT ONCE)
3.The biggest threat to my safety was the officer reaching for my pocket to try take my ID ( Hence why i drove off as she reached for me)

There's probably a few more points too but we'll just leave it as that, i think i've made my point🙂

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gabriel Montague said:

however considering the circumstances it would be FailRP for the DOC to run out and shoot an un-armed man also anyways it's not like DOC workers are Zetas... Who would just shoot a person riding away after trying to search an ID and no current threat.

You had your gun out in front of a prison, this is brandashing a firearm which actually does give us reason to detain you. But this is all an IC issue. Given your knowledge I'm sure if your unhappy with the way we did something there's always IA. The OOC rule break here is FearRP, which your IC knowledge doesn't take priority over OOC rules. In the end rules are rules and we must all follow them.  The Fear RP rule clearly states

• When you are on foot or bike and a weapon is aimed at you at close range.

I'm not going to comment any futher and leave the final decision up to the staff handling the report.

Okay what exactly did I have to fear tho, the Gun that was pointed at me by a Goverement representing officer who cant even use it? ( Which may I say if i was Petty enough I would make a FailRP report) I know what the rule states but in an RP sense, you wouldnt of been able to use it at all so I dont see the FearRP in this... 

But as you say, let's leave it for the Admins...

Hello, and thank you for making this player report! @Ezrya

The reported party, player Ben_Angus, has already provided his side of the story and explained the reasoning for his actions which can be seen in the provided evidence above, and as such this report will be pending staff review from myself. Please remain patient while i carefully review and conclude this report. 

Kind regards,

Dqniel

• Like 1

Hello, and thank you to everyone who responded with their side of the story and explained the reasoning for their actions which can be seen in the provided evidence above. After extensively reviewing the provided evidence as well as taking the statements of all parties involved into consideration, i have decided to conclude this report.

Player Ben_Angus will receive a Non-Roleplay punishment for breaching the Fear Roleplay rules | Offense #1.

First and foremost, i would like to address the punishment of Non-Roleplay and the reasoning behind it. In the provided evidence of this report, it can be seen that you are situated on a bike while the reporting party and her friend(s) held you under direct gunpoint at close range. The reporting party attempts to roleplay searching for your pocket, and in turn you drive away. This goes without saying as the rulebreak is incredibly blatant, but the issue that arises with this situation is that your actions are not in accordance with our Fear Roleplay rules. If you are held under direct gunpoint at close range, which essentially means that you are in a vulnerable and life threatening situation, you are expected to display an adequate and realistic amount of fear for the life of your character, and follow every demand given to you as one instinctively would do in real life. As you were situated on a bike with no weapon in hand at the time of you being placed under gunpoint by the reporting party, you were not exempt from acting under the Fear Roleplay rules and your life was still in direct danger. There is no way for you to know beyond absolute certainty if the reporting party and her friend was going to open fire on you or not. This goes without saying, but you can not completely disregard a life threatening situation such as this based on the assumption that it will not harm you, if this was the case then any player could decrease the harmful intentions of any attacker that holds them at gunpoint through assumption and act like they are immune to being gun down and shot. Furthermore, it does not matter how much experience your character has gained from working at different government organizations, the in character information you retain from working there does not make you immune to our out of character rules which state that when placed under gunpoint, you are expected to abide and comply by all demands and show a reasonable amount of fear for the life of your character. The more appropriate response to this situation would have been to comply with the demands of the reporting party, and not conduct any actions that could potentially jeopardize the life of your character as you were completely unarmed and defenseless at the time.

Secondly, i would like to address the actions of the reporting party being supposedly poor and promoting poor quality roleplay, in other words known as FailrRP. After extensively reviewing the provided evidence of this report, i fail to see any poor roleplay arise throughout this entire situation stemming from the actions of the reporting party. You are approaching a highly secure government facility with a drawn weapon, and it should come as no surprise that they act on this and place you under gunpoint regardless in whether or not you were armed at the time of you being placed under gunpoint. This is not poor roleplay and is certainly not something that would warrant a player report as you suggested in your response.

Thirdly, i would just like to state the following and end on this note. I acknowledge and understand that you had no malicious or harmful intentions during this situation, but it is incredibly important to remember that when roleplaying, we do so within the confines of the server rules and not at the expense of it potentially becoming a rulebreak. The punishment you received is not severe at all, and is if anything an opportunity for you to learn from your mistake hence the warning. Granted you continue roleplaying with good standards and avoid getting yourself into any similar situations, this warning will not hold you back in any way.

Thank you for making this report! @Ezrya 

Report is accepted and archived.

Kind regards,

Dqniel.

• Like 1