HaminLord

/cuthair change, consent or removal

7 hours ago, punched said:

-1 on requiring OOC consent. Stop the ability to be able to cut hair with a knife and make it only doable with scissors/electric shaver. Add an expensive item such as scissors or electric shaver that you can buy from a convenient store (5k+ maybe). Limited uses on the item along with longer action times may make the whole process of getting your hair cut by other players more realistic and infrequent.

-1, for the reasons above. 

-1 You should not need OOC consent to cut hair its only a hair cut its nothing graphic like rape. If you really get that offended when your hair gets cut don't get your self in that situation in the first place. Just wear a hat so then they cant cut your hair. If you need ooc consent to cut someones hair you may as well need ooc consent to rob someone. Overall its a bad idea and it doesn't make sense.

Jimmy Maywhether ECRP.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krooks365 said:

This. Dont want to lose your hair? don't lie.

If this is your reason for -1 I think you've missed the point of the original post. You would have a valid RP reason to humiliate the person at that point.  The point is to avoid the "handshands" crowd from just balding everyone they rob for no valid RP reason. 

There is enough OOC involvement in RP already, we don't need more.

People should just behave maturely and shave peoples hair when it actually makes RP'ly sense for their character to do so in that RP scenario, not because they can, because they think it's funny. 

If you're shaving somebodies head and ask yourself "what is my characters motivation for doing this?" and the only answer you can provide is "because it's funny" then you're probably not roleplaying your character to the best of your ability or providing a fun roleplay experience for other people. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cheatonus said:

If this is your reason for -1 I think you've missed the point of the original post. You would have a valid RP reason to humiliate the person at that point.  The point is to avoid the "handshands" crowd from just balding everyone they rob for no valid RP reason. 

No I fully understood the point. Giving the person the ability to deny me cutting their hair will make it so every tom dick and harry can be like "you know I don't feel like having to go to the barber... so deny" I don't cut hair of any person I rob unless they are disrespectful to me, my own, or my property. Or if they are stupid and try to lie to me. That is my point. Instead of requiring this permission it is better to put pressure on those who provide absolutely piss poor rp during robberies.

+/- 1

Not sure why cut hair was added at all, but whatever.

• OOC consent shouldn't be required.
  • Needs a much longer timer. Scissors could reduce the time (if they were added).
  • Should require same requirements as robbery / FearRP.
    • If someone pulls a gun, robs me, puts away the gun, then pulls a knife to cut hair. I should be able to kick them in <lower extremity> and run off before they can pull a weapon again. Meaning success could only be possible with two individuals.
  • Like 3

Y'all saying: -1 just go pay 2k and get ur haircut back.

I actually RP-ed growing hair for 25 days so that was 4 haircuts. How unrealistic is that you just go there and turn from bald to haired? GTA San Andreas barber mission Roleplayers out here I swear.

Edited by TheCactus

On 9/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, Pistol Pete said:

-1. It's funny making people bald, like me.

This is one of the exact reason people are complaining. People cutting hair for no other reason than hey it is funny. I'll get a giggle out of this. I think it should be punishable as NonRP if it is clear people have no good RP reason other than it is "funny" or entertaining. That would be like me going around killing everyone at bank because it is "funny" It just doesn't make any damn sense. I'm fine with cutting hair without ooc consent but there needs to be a rule on needing an RP reason like lying.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:12 PM, GOAT said:

They should add the Barber Shop in Mirror Park and make it so you can only /cuthair inside.

It's one of them where I swear half the people just do it as a troll and not for any RP reason.

They indeed only do it to troll and have a laugh, not as a punishment.
From an IC perspective, i like the command. Because it enables great RP, but 90% of the time its "Robbers" Having a laugh and cutting your hair for no apparent reason, other than to Humiliate someone.

I haven’t seen a single robbery where hair was just cut for no reason, it’s always a rival gang member or someone’s who’s stealing / lying / talking mad shit while getting robbed, and the fact that u would need OOC consent will kill the rp aspect of it - since every time you catch a gang member, same with kidnap / torture - majority will go /b no , when u ask for consent even if u had RP reasons , I don’t think they should OOCly decide whether or not you want to cut their hair and again it’s known that u need a reason to do it 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.