Msato

Remove the MDC player ID search

Using the ID when you don't know what someone's name is IC is metagaming.   If you get charges added to you when only your ID was known, submit a forum report.

As for this suggestion, while I don't approve of using the ID to metagame, removing this feature would also remove the ability to search the MDC for somebody's fingerprints in the case that they RP not carrying their ID.  If we remove the ID search and somebody RPs not having their ID, we would have no way to identify them even if PD roleplays scanning their fingerprints and searching the database for a match.  Using the ID search feature, we can check to see if they do indeed have mugshot and fingerprints on file (which is roleplayed when creating a criminal record for somebody).  Removal of this feature makes that roleplay entirely pointless and adds an enormous incentive to always roleplay not carrying an ID.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Upvote 1

ID's used in the MDC is completely OOC and cannot be used to identify an individual for IC reasons. Officers are bound to OOC corruption rules, if you suspect an officer doing this, please submit an IA report or report them on the forums.

If ID were bound to a player or ID's did not get lost when someone logs off or crashes, this makes sense, but it is absolutely needed, especially now with /ldo's available now, unless mods and admins want us to contact them every time we need to do /ldo's after someone crashes or logs.

I'm actually quite curious when this was perceived as a problem and why now? I don't know of, nor have heard any officers reference any individuals by their ID's ICly, nor apply crimes or repercussions via ID. If any officer were found to be doing this, it would be corrected immediately.

Edited by Xoza
  • Upvote 2

After reading some of these comments, I'd like to mention that you could use the excuse of "Thorough investigation was conducted and we successfully identified the suspect" and just use someone's ID to put it on the MDC and get their record up. I'm not saying anyone has done this, but I am saying it's possible.

+1 mostly,

the only reason this is in the game is because too many people say they have no ID on them and rp they have no license on them (despite often times not RPing it). the only option cops have is to RP fingerprints, if they don't have fingerprints on file and they still refuse to RP it we have to call medics who will then run a dna test, in some cases players will still refuse to rp with that, the only option we have is to force the RP (of the DNA) and then type their ID's to get there full name.

it would be nice if this wasn't the case, but sometimes we're forced to use ID's.

4 hours ago, Flucifial said:

I disagree with that; everyone has licenses which have numbers which police can enter as a way of direct identity (lots of people have the same names) and, whenever the cops type /cuff or anything like that we don't call them lazy for using ID's.

I do agree though, it makes it extremely easy for PD to metagame, so +1 from me! 

"I disagree with that; everyone has licenses which have numbers which police can enter as a way of direct" Shouldn't the license be used instead of an OOC number above your head?

• Like 1
  • PogU 2

I can't say that in a faction with 100+ people in that no-one has ever done this but we're hands down the strictest faction when it comes to the rules, in this server.
If anyone was caught metagaming, they'd more than likely not be a cop anymore or at the very least they'd be suspended from the faction and punished by the staff, same as everyone else.

I'll give you an example of when it's used. Guy comes to the impound, I get his name ICly but he has one of those long ass Russian names. ICly, I know his name now but to save him and me some time and potentially fucking up the spelling, I enter this player-id. 

Bruce and them are ex-PD and since they were The Hounds of The Impound back then, I'd bet my left bollock they've benefited from using this before in that way. 

It's always the same people on these threads unfortunately complaining about what PD has. Why don't you actually put your energy into getting NBDY to add more stuff in for gangs instead of worrying about what PD has.

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I can't say that in a faction with 100+ people in that no-one has ever done this but we're hands down the strictest faction when it comes to the rules, in this server.
If anyone was caught metagaming, they'd more than likely not be a cop anymore or at the very least they'd be suspended from the faction and punished by the staff, same as everyone else.

I'll give you an example of when it's used. Guy comes to the impound, I get his name ICly but he has one of those long ass Russian names. ICly, I know his name now but to save him and me some time and potentially fucking up the spelling, I enter this player-id. 

Bruce and them are ex-PD and since they were The Hounds of The Impound back then, I'd bet my left bollock they've benefited from using this before in that way. 

It's always the same people on these threads unfortunately complaining about what PD has. Why don't you actually put your energy into getting NBDY to add more stuff in for gangs instead of worrying about what PD has.

How does it not make perfect sense to type in his IC name into your MDC instead of an OOC number floating above your head? Maybe we can have a citizen number on our license or on an ID instead of using the your player ID which could be easily abused to metagame.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tomvd682 said:

How does it not make perfect sense to type in his IC name into your MDC instead of an OOC number floating above your head? Maybe we can have a citizen number on our license or on an ID instead of using the your player ID which could be easily abused to metagame.

This could be a great thing. Add a license number such as ARN078 in the /license and cops can use those instead of player IDs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.