Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

BigDaddySco

BigDaddySco - Andy Ashwood (Deathmatching Appeal)

Account name: BigDaddySco
Character name(s):Andy Ashwood
Admin who issued punishment: Zemaitc
Date of punishment: 01/May/2019 14:05
Punishment received: | Deathmatching, DM #1 | FR
Reason given for punishment:

Andy and Tony: First of all, you cant shoot someone because he is affiliated with an opposing gang. There must be a valid reason as life threatening situation or active shootout at the time, etc. In this situation all I can see is Eli driving a car and helping his friend and you start shooting at him. Secondly, even if he threatened you some time prior with a gun or your friends and you saw it, you cant start shooting him in later events without roleplay engagement - you can only do it when it is happening, not after some time passes by.

Please take a good look into Deathmatching (14) rule https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hWuxkjWoWKDlrN4p-yuf8J69StfhutQa799HVRFMG1g/edit If any questions comes reading through it, feel free to PM me and we can look through it together. Also, installing a recording software is a very good step forward, hope it works for you both.

Kind regards,

Zemaitc 

Your explanation of what happened:

There was a large meeting between multiple gangs down near the bitcoin import next to the docks and during that meeting we were attacked by the Zetas of which there were a lot of players on both sides. Tony and I were asked to go to the entrance to the docs to help defend there. During that time some Zetas attacked and killed members of the our gang which our members also done too. Tony and I also opened fire on who we believed to be a valid target. Obviously this wasn't the case. 

Why should your appeal be accepted?:

At the time I was very new to eclipse RP, around 1 week or so I believe, and still getting used to the rules such as DM which are more complex than they first appear when facing large situations like a gang war incident such as the one shown in this report.

I also didn't have shadow play set up at the time and if I had of done then it may have shed a little more light on the situation. I also believe that if they victim had posted more than and little cropped video that he did then it most likely would have shown that he was involved in shooting prior to the event that took place in his video.

Regardless, I was wrong for shooting at him in that initial moment but taking into consideration how new I was at the time and still getting used to the rules I believe that I should be given a admonishment rather than a DM punishment for something that I would not do now after being a lot more experience with the rules and large situation like these in gang wars etc.

I genuinely didn't set out to break any server rules and wrongly thought that an attack on our gang and its members gave us the ability to defend and attack within that area. Again this was down to lack of experience with the server rules due to being very new and I hope that the admins would take this into account when dealing with any new players where the entire situation can be taken into account rather than only a very short, cropped video.

Post any evidence or further details: As stated above I didnt have shadow play set up at the time otherwise I would have been able to post the entire incident.
  • Like 1

As evidence suggest and you yourself admit that it was a rookie mistake by reflecting on the situation that happened 3 months ago, it is in fact quite clear that the punishment was valid. What I would like to complement you on is that after that you have learnt from your mistake and did not repeat it again. As it was stated in previous appeals the legitimate punishments do not get voided, they stay there on your record. It helps to see if player was willing to improve his roleplay, which you, in fact, did.

The punishment was handed out fairly and should not be voided. The player learnt from his mistake and if he keeps it this way there should not be any problems.

Pending Senior Admin+.

Kind regards,

Zemaitc 

@BigDaddySco, thank you for making this Punishment Appeal

The punishment you received was accurate and will not be voided. It is a chance for you to learn from your mistake and if you haven't Deathmatched again, then the punishment was effective in deterring further rulebreaks. 

Appeal Denied

Locked & Archived