Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

Pistol Pete

Pete Wright (Forum Report Outcome Appeal)

Character name: Pete Wright

Admin who issued dealt with report: @DimitriS & @MrSilky
Date of report conclusion: 08/06/2019
Punishment received: N/A

Reason given for lack of punishment: "After reviewing the evidence and reading each response, we have decided to deny the report. ID 54 had valid reason to open fire on ID 68 as all he could see was a friend being held up at gunpoint. Once he had dropped ID 68, the man on the roof started shooting at ID 54 starting a gunfight. As well as that he saw an armed man dressed like them coming around the corner whilst speaking over the radio. That being so close to a situation like this is just self-explanatory"

Your explanation of what happened: We pinned a vehicle outside a house. The guy comes out and just starts shooting all of us without any engagement in RP.

Why should your appeal be accepted?: 

@DimitriS had a lapse in judgement on this one I think. He said "As well as that he saw an armed man dressed like them coming around the corner whilst speaking over the radio. That being so close to a situation like this is just self-explanatory". This is not valid reason to open fire on someone. You cannot just open fire on people because they're "dressed like them".

Here is a report that confirm this. "you said you got robbed by someone with the same outfit, but you can't just go round shooting at people that are dressed the same, identify your targets and be less trigger happy."

Would be great to get a second opinion on this one! 

Post any evidence or further details:

@CallumMontie I believe you have the most damning evidence. He just opens fire at you without showing any hostile actions. 

Original report: 

• Like 1

You can see my opinion and footage in the original report. I also agree with Pete that the wrong decision was made by the people handling this report. 

I'd like to reference a statement made by Fain "You can't just go round shooting at people who are dressed the same" 

I had made no threatening actions towards the party, fair enough him gunning down my gang member but shooting me in the chest 3 times for running round a corner is blatant KoS in my opinion. 

My pov below:

• Like 1

[Hans Nagasaki here, i was in one of the bushes]

Victim number one came out with a pistol on his hand, that's when a triad tried to hold him up and give him verbal commands, while in the process of that the second man with the ak47 comes out and just started to spray down everyone on sight without any RP or verbal commands from his part. we had the area surrounded there is another POV posted that shows a triad in a bush with his gun aimed as well at them victims being robbed.  the whole goal of this rp scenario was not to steal the car, but to lure them out of the houses so we can rob them and the house, there was never an attempt to take the life of the first man with the pistol it was just a hold up, that's the part where it's a bit confusing because the rule book does not specifically say you can shoot at someone who is holding up a friend, you can only shoot if they attempt to hurt a friend or damage a property but the RP scenario could not develop to that point yet where the victims could of figuired out our plan was to rob the house not the car, If the guy with the AK would of tried to RP and give commands and hold up the man holding up his friend the rest of the traids would of soon noticed and surrounded them and the two victims would clearly see they where heavily out numbed and would of had to comply with fear rp rules. I just feel the part in the rule that says "If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property." needs to be tweaked with more information on people just aiming a gun at your friend trying to hold them up, because we where never going to kill that person or hurt them, only rob the person, but then the part of the rule which damage or property part would of had allowed them to shoot but the RP scenario never developed to the to that point because the AK man started to shoot first before he would of known our original plans from the start. I think the whole KOS rule was removed for a reason and it was to avoid scenarios like this, it just the new rule needs to be tweaked and more specific to the point if you can just shoot at someone for holding up a friend because technically that is not an attempt to hurt them to avoid reports like this.

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

• A player cannot kill their victim if the victim is in compliance with the demands.

• A player must allow their victim enough time to comply with the demands.

Edited by gohena
  • Like 2

Hey, and thank you for making this appeal! @Pistol Pete

First of all, I'd like to express my most sincere apologies for replying so late. I've never seen that notification of me being tagged in, otherwise, I'd have replied in a matter of minutes. I truly am sorry for all the delay. 

Second of all, I'd make this as clear and as detailed as possible so that both you, and the Senior Admin+ that's reviewing it, will understand my opinion and why I've decided to make this decision in the first place.

As you can see in the video that @CallumMontie posted 

You are straight up running towards the man with a .50 Pistol and radioing it in directly after one of your mates dies. For me, that's making you clear that you are a part of the situation. And about Fain's statement, you can see that in the report handled by Fain the situation is completely different.

Here you are directly running towards them, in a shootout, that technically was still active as your friends shot from the roof a few seconds after ID 54 shot your friend down, in my opinion, I don't see this as DM. It' just clear for me that you were a part of the situation already. 

In the second video 

At 0:14 you can see ID 54 killing Lu Wong, whilst Lu Wong is pointing the gun at ID 54's cousin/friend 

Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

• If they report you to the police for a serious crime.

• If they are not in compliance with demands, attempt to escape, or call other players for help in a situation where they are required to display fear under fear roleplay rules.

I don't know about you, but in my opinion, someone pointing a gun at your friend is technically considering attempting to hurt them, as you never know what could be the outcome of it. 

Overall, I am NOT saying that I am always right and that I'll never make a mistake, my judgment might not always be 100% correct. But in this situation, I believe that my decision was correct due to the way it looked like. 

Try putting yourself in ID 54's shoes and look how the situation might be from his side, perhaps you'd feel threatened as well. 

Again that was just my opinion, the final decision is up to the Senior Admin+ reviewing this!

Once more, apologies for the delay it took for me to reply!

Pending Senior Admin+

Best Regards,
DimitriS

• Like 2

Running towards machine gun fire that just downed an ally is putting yourself into direct harm. You engaged yourself in the violent RP scene and should not be surprised that this person would fire at you. The examples of DM in the rulebook are not the only examples; it is not an exhaustive list. 

Appeal Denied

Locked & Archived