Swifty

Swifty - Warren Lawson (Ban Appeal)

Account name: Swifty
Character name(s): Warren Lawson

Admin who issued punishment: fa1N
Date of punishment: 04/Jun/2019 11:30

Punishment received: Ban

Reason given for punishment: Cheating 

Your explanation of what happened: I honestly don't know what happened, I woke up this morning with a ban for cheating? The only thing I can think of would be the Script Hook V I have in my install directory and the possible remnants of old mods I've played around with on single player. Edit: I also had cheat engine running from earlier in the day while I was messing around in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phanom Pain. I probably left it open, I'm sorry.

Why should your appeal be accepted?:

I don't believe I have done anything wrong that should warrant a permanent ban - it certainly was my mistake leaving the mod library in my install directly, but with the large amount of time I've put into playing on this server I don't believe I should remain banned for such a small infraction. Edit: If Cheat Engine is what caught me, I can only apologize profusely for my mistake in leaving it open while I was playing a different game earlier. I know that the staff here treat all the cases the same regarding this, so I can only apologize and say I've never had any intent on cheating here and it was completely my mistake leaving it open. I can only hope that you are willing to give me a second chance here.

Post any evidence or further details: N/A

(Edited at 11:27AM CDT for further clarity)

Edited by Swifty
Edited at 11:27AM CDT for further clarity and more comment.

@Swifty Are you able to provide evidence to back up your claim of accidentally leaving Cheat Engine open?

Unfortunately, I have no proof to back up my claims about this. The only thing I'd be able to provide is my recent purchase of the game mentioned in my initial post and the CT table that was accidentally left open.

All I can really say at this point is that cheating here on Eclipse doesn't really line up with my personality or my record. I've put in a lot of time playing here, and through that time I've not once received any form on admin punishment.

I know that appeals like this usually have low chances of being accepted, I just hope that you believe me and are willing to give me a second chance.

Edited by Swifty
  • Like 1

Hello & thanks for the appeal.

After reviewing this among Senior Staff it was decided that your ban would remain.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Appeal denied.