SpnKO2

SpnKO - Ban Appeal

Account name: SpnKO

Character name(s): Brandon Roberson

Admin who issued punishment: Boxxy

Punishment received: About 2 months ago

Reason given for punishment: Kill On Sight

Your explanation of what happened: I couldn't be bothered posting an appeal up until now simply because I had stuff to sort out IRL and the break from video games was only contributing therefore the 2 month delay. So there was a situation where we gunned down a cop but before he did his co-worker had already been called to the scene so we had to "take care" of the problem as well, we yelled at him telling him to get out of the car and raise his hands in the air when he decided to backpedal and drive off, of course having another eye witness to the murder and a robbery in the middle of the highway doesn't contribute much to us therefore we shot the cop when he was pulling back, Boxxy deemed the situation as KOS although we had an IC reason but insufficient time to roleplay with the officer arriving at the scene due to him deciding to ignore 3 guys pointed at his windshield.

Post any evidence or further details:
https://streamable.com/67sbu

I'm hoping to get unbanned, even if considered KOS I believe long time had passed and I'm asking for a second chance. I will do my best to avoid all sorts of rulebreaking (although in my opinion this wasn't KOS)

Hello there and thank you for making this appeal.

I'm going to keep this short as at the time, I spent more than enough time trying to explain the situation to you. It saddens me to see that my argumentation didn't stick with you.

Yes, the first officer hit his panic alarm and you executed him for it. At the time, it was unclear if a panic button provides KOS (and if I'm not mistaken it doesn't) so I let this slide. The reason I deemed this as KOS was because of the following reasons:

• You are using "talking" level VOIP. There is no way he could have decently heard you with the distance script-wise, and RP-wise as he was in a car and you're standing in the middle of a (probably windy) highway, being blocked by two cars. The sound was probably muffled at best.
  • The officer couldn't comply with your demands because he possibly didn't hear you. I'm fairly certain he couldn't hear your VOIP at the time, but I'm not certain of that aspect. You should have typed out your demands in chat as well, to ensure that the officer had received your demands. You did not even attempt to do so, just took out your gun and shot him.
  • He sort of complied by driving backwards and leaving you guys alone. He could have been accelerating to do a 180, but you take this as an opening to shoot. I deemed this to be a breach of KOS.

You were not at all receptive to this explanation, though I feel it is more than sufficient to argue that KOS was broken on this occasion. If memory serves me correct, you (or one of your friends) had just earlier jumped out of an ambulance in an injured state whilst cuffed and attempted to run away. This proved to me that you were not interested in playing by the rules, because for this whole scenario and the ambulance one you all seemed to joke around and make snide comments towards me and the other members of staff present. 

I would lastly like to point out there is massive metagaming going on in this clip, almost no usage the IC VOIP. You haven't brought that up at all in your appeal, which again saddens me. I understand that you're not appealing the metagaming but it was a massive contributor for me to issue this punishment as I'm fairly sure it wasn't your first one, either. Living up to your mistakes also means facing that you were metagaming hard with your friends here. I do hope to see an explanation on that as well.

In conclusion, because I feel the officer had possibly not heard the banned individual and hadn't had sufficient time to comply with the demands, I'd like to recommend that the punishment gets cut down but the person gets put on a close watch. Any further rule breaks should warrant a long ban again, as I fear this individual is not interested in quality roleplay based on the numerous reasons stated above.

Pending a senior administrator or above.

Thank you!

- Boxxy

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ElisabethC said:

Hello there and thank you for making this appeal.

I'm going to keep this short as at the time, I spent more than enough time trying to explain the situation to you. It saddens me to see that my argumentation didn't stick with you.

Yes, the first officer hit his panic alarm and you executed him for it. At the time, it was unclear if a panic button provides KOS (and if I'm not mistaken it doesn't) so I let this slide. The reason I deemed this as KOS was because of the following reasons:

• You are using "talking" level VOIP. There is no way he could have decently heard you with the distance script-wise, and RP-wise as he was in a car and you're standing in the middle of a (probably windy) highway, being blocked by two cars. The sound was probably muffled at best.
  • The officer couldn't comply with your demands because he possibly didn't hear you. I'm fairly certain he couldn't hear your VOIP at the time, but I'm not certain of that aspect. You should have typed out your demands in chat as well, to ensure that the officer had received your demands. You did not even attempt to do so, just took out your gun and shot him.
  • He sort of complied by driving backwards and leaving you guys alone. He could have been accelerating to do a 180, but you take this as an opening to shoot. I deemed this to be a breach of KOS.

You were not at all receptive to this explanation, though I feel it is more than sufficient to argue that KOS was broken on this occasion. If memory serves me correct, you (or one of your friends) had just earlier jumped out of an ambulance in an injured state whilst cuffed and attempted to run away. This proved to me that you were not interested in playing by the rules, because for this whole scenario and the ambulance one you all seemed to joke around and make snide comments towards me and the other members of staff present. 

I would lastly like to point out there is massive metagaming going on in this clip, almost no usage the IC VOIP. You haven't brought that up at all in your appeal, which again saddens me. I understand that you're not appealing the metagaming but it was a massive contributor for me to issue this punishment as I'm fairly sure it wasn't your first one, either. Living up to your mistakes also means facing that you were metagaming hard with your friends here. I do hope to see an explanation on that as well.

In conclusion, because I feel the officer had possibly not heard the banned individual and hadn't had sufficient time to comply with the demands, I'd like to recommend that the punishment gets cut down but the person gets put on a close watch. Any further rule breaks should warrant a long ban again, as I fear this individual is not interested in quality roleplay based on the numerous reasons stated above.

Pending a senior administrator or above.

Thank you!

- Boxxy

I'm actually surprised you still remember the situation and I appreciate the response.

- Us using VoIP was a mistake, no doubt. We were new to the server and had no idea how the script works when it comes to VoIP, this is the first time I actually discover that having cars between you and the person receiving the voice message can muffle it.
- The officer did receive the message loud and clear, he just decided to avoid FearRP and backpedal and get out of there. We had limited time to write out our demands in IC text based chat because that was not the only officer responding to the backup call, we had to lose him (by killing or damaging him/his property in a way that does not allow him to follow us). There wasn't much time to really roleplay with the guy, I'm fairly certain that at this distance:

OOvxn88.png

There is nothing left to roleplay, guy isn't even at our distance anymore and we knew him backing away is no bueno for us, hence shots fired.
-"He sort of" isn't good enough. There's a very big difference between "get out" and "go away" and that's a difference any person with basic English knowledge knows, although the letters are almost the same, it isn't the same action. So no, he did not "sort of" comply to our orders, he split as soon as he was told to raise his hands.

The demands were simple, get out with your hands in the air which he did not follow and Claus only fired the first shot once he was certain there is not much to roleplay with this guy although we did our best efforts to.

I was not the person who bailed out of the ambulance to avoid arrest but you can't judge me based on other people's actions, if somebody chooses to abuse a bug and run away while in injured mode that's his problem - his ban. So you were certain I'm not here to abide the rules simply because a friend of mine (not even sure if it is a friend of mine because I can't remember such a scenario) decided to break rules on his own. I'm sorry man but that's not fair trial, just because I'm affiliated with X gang doesn't mean I'm responsible for their actions, you as an admin should know that better than I do because your admin team isn't small and if one makes a mistake you're not the one getting in trouble for it (unless you are directly involved), so in your books I was already the culprit even before you teleported me, which I really appreciate.

I'm sorry but what metagaming are we talking about exactly? We're not allowed to chat over OOC VoIP while playing? That's forbidden now? Rest assured any IC actions were handled ICly, we just enjoy casual talk over OOC because we've been friends for a long time. You were oblivious to the fact we were even using discord to communicate, this is the first time this clip is shown to the public, so don't pretend it has been a "massive contributor" to your decision, that's non-sense.

If I wasn't interested in quality roleplay I wouldn't be here, trust me. Just seems what we did wasn't wrong, guy was running away so we had to take action. I learn from my mistakes fairly quickly I just don't label this as a mistake because any other roleplay server I've played on in the past wouldn't deem this rulebreaking.

Edited by SpnKO2

I don't have anything to add. I stand by my original judgement and will refrain from commenting further to stop a back and forth before it occurs. It is clear we have very different views on the situation, as we did back then.

• Like 1

@SpnKO2, thank you for making this Punishment Appeal.

We are currently not considering ban appeals of this type due to a high influx of new players. In the future, we may consider this type of appeal at that time. Please do not appeal again any sooner than one (1) month from the date of this post.

Appeal Denied

Locked & Archived