AdamWong

Whitelist or fork

Should EclipseRP Have a white list?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should EclipseRP Have a white list?

At least that's how I understood it, it won't really restrict players from anything, just will stop people from speeding away just because they want some high speed chases.

Sounds like restricting RP choices to me. If a player wants to try evade the police, let 'em. If they get caught they probably won't do it again.

I think Adam meant that you have to stop if you don't have a valid reason not to, it restricts players from speeding away just for the banter. For example if cops want to pull you over for a little speeding and you ignore them, it's not allowed. If they try to pull you over for speeding but you have a trunk full of drugs or a gun without a license, you are free not to stop. At least that's how I understood it, it won't really restrict players from anything, just will stop people from speeding away just because they want some high speed chases.

People should be allowed to choose if they want to drive off, the risk for driving off is a jail sentence of course and it's a risk the player is taking in doing so. I see what's being said that if a player is roleplaying as a normal civilian, then they shouldn't drive off, but saying they're not allowed to is restricting their roleplay. Imagine seeing an FC "They're a normal civilian and they drove off and they shouldn't do that because they never break the law.". Players don't have to be the same as they were in the past, people change.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

People should be allowed to choose if they want to drive off, the risk for driving off is a jail sentence of course and it's a risk the player is taking in doing so. I see what's being said that if a player is roleplaying as a normal civilian, then they shouldn't drive off, but saying they're not allowed to is restricting their roleplay. Imagine seeing an FC "They're a normal civilian and they drove off and they shouldn't do that because they never break the law.". Players don't have to be the same as they were in the past, people change.

Yeah there is a risk of a jail sentence, though why would anyone who hasn't broken the law evade the police? it literally both IRL and in game makes no sense, oh I've not broken the law but fuck RPing for a few minutes that shits scary.... if you've broken the law or have an RP reason, evade, if you do not have an RP reason and you are just technically a normal civ at that point, just RP it? If you think it's acceptable to drive around constantly at 140Km/h in a truck in the center of a city then yeah, I don't think we will ever agree.

I joined the server to RP, not to speed around constantly evading police for the smallest reasons or just for the luls of a police chase.. the only times I've ever evaded police was having offended therefore being stopped = jail time.

I'm gonna restate what I've asked people before when they say we should need to stop for police, why would you join an RP server, to avoid situations of RP especially when its government workers and you have no reason to run other than you want to not your character.

Edited by Guest

Yeah there is a risk of a jail sentence, though why would anyone who hasn't broken the law evade the police? it literally both IRL and in game makes no sense, oh I've not broken the law but fuck RPing for a few minutes that shits scary.... if you've broken the law or have an RP reason, evade, if you do not have an RP reason and you are just technically a normal civ at that point, just RP it? If you think it's acceptable to drive around constantly at 140Km/h in a truck in the center of a city then yeah, I don't think we will ever agree.

I joined the server to RP, not to speed around constantly evading police for the smallest reasons or just for the luls of a police chase.. the only times I've ever evaded police was having offended therefore being stopped = jail time.

I'm gonna restate what I've asked people before when they say we should need to stop for police, why would you join an RP server, to avoid situations of RP especially when its government workers and you have no reason to run other than you want to not your character.

If you're pulled over by the police, you've broken the law. Police don't pull you over when you haven't. I think you mean if you haven't committed a felony. If someone's been pulled over because they've committed a traffic misdemeanour, then they're most likely going to be issued a citation. Some people don't wanna pay it so they say fuck it and evade. To say that they're skipping RP is incorrect, a pursuit is an IC RP situation. Just because it doesn't involve IC conversations and /me's and /do's doesn't warrant it a non-RP situation.

Eclipse has a good name to it right now, don't let the name be slandered by the people who join the community and end up having to utilize GOOGLE TRANSLATE to communicate with the English speaking population, despite the server having [ENGLISH] in the name.

Either add a very basic application on the CPanel (just to make sure that they speak English and that they know the basics of RP) or add a English quiz In-Game that requires manual approval by Support Staff or Admins In-Game. For the latter, you'll probably end up having to hire more Support Staff.

I remember a SA-MP server that I tested many.. many years ago, made you take an actual quiz upon your first time logging and then it'd spawn you inside a locked room In-Game. When your quiz was approved by In-Game staff, it would teleport you to the airport so that you could begin your role-play life.

Just add anything... The quiz that we have right now might as well be removed because it serves zero purpose. I'm sure by now, the Brazilian community already have screenshots pinned on their Discord with the correct answers. I am not saying that we should restrict this to fluent speaking English folks, because I don't speak English fluently myself, it's my third language. All I'm saying is that we need people that can comprehend English and use it without needing the assistance of Google Translate.

The developers of Eclipse seems to be extremely talented, but your talent is going to end up being a waste in a few weeks or perhaps a month or two. More servers will arise, servers with stricter standards. You want quality players, not just the quantity. You will lose the quality if it keeps going the way that it's going.

And aside from that, we need more RP rules, especially Fear RP. There's nothing in the current rule book that tells a player that they have to RP any fear at all, they can pull out a phone and call 911 when they have 50 guns pointed at them.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

And aside from that, we need more RP rules, especially Fear RP. There's nothing in the current rule book that tells a player that they have to RP any fear at all, they can pull out a phone and call 911 when they have 50 guns pointed at them.

I agree very much so with the fearRP, so stupid right now I pointed a gun at someone who didn't have any weapons and they just walked up to me and started acting like it was nothing in chat.... how retarded is that, oh I could die if you shoot me but I don't fear that.

• Upvote 1