ID 74 (DM)

Player(s) being reported: ID 74
Date of interaction reported: 13/03/2019
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1552490563

Your characters name: Pete Wright

Other player(s) involved: ID 51

Specific rule(s) broken:

14. Deathmatch (DM)
● Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player or their property without a proper roleplay reason.
● Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:
• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.
• If they report you to the police for a serious crime.
• If they are not in compliance with demands, attempt to escape, or call other players for help in a
situation where they are required to display fear under fear roleplay rules.
● A player cannot kill their victim if the victim is in compliance with the demands.
● A player must allow their victim enough time to comply with the demands.
● You must give demands via text if used as a reason to attack as VOIP isn’t always heard.
● Vehicles cannot be used to attack another player more than once including a failed attempt.
● Kill on Sight (KoS) is the act of killing a player with no engagement in roleplay. The person who
has KoS rights must have evidence prior to committing the kill.
● Killing a player without warning or roleplay is allowed only within 24 hours of:
• Your life being threatened not including law enforcement aiming weaponry.
• The life of your friend or ally is presently being threatened or if you have witnessed it happen.
• A player attempting to steal your assets worth greater than $75,000 not including vehicles.

How did the player break the rule?:

While travelling at ~80kph, ID 51 gave me a demand to stop and only 2 seconds later ID 74 opened fire, hitting me multiple times. The demand was not given via text so was not a valid reason to attack. Additionally, giving a demand while I'm travelling 80kph is questionable to say the least.

Evidence of rule breach:

Hello, and thank you for making this report! @Pistol Pete

Player Mia_Hernandes will have 24 hours to respond with her side of the story, and explain the reasoning for her actions which can be seen in the provided evidence above. Why did you fire your weapon at the reporting party, hittimg him multiple times without proper initiation or demands having been established prior? As the reported party does not have a forum account, she will be notified of this report in-game.

Kind regards,

Dqniel

• Like 1

Hello, and thank you for remaining patient! As player Mia_Hernandes has not responded with her side of the story, and explained the reasoning for her actions which can be seen in the provided evidence, i have decided to conclude this report based on the evidence provided to me by the reporting party. 

Player Mia_Hernandes will receive a punishment for Deathmatch | Offense #1. 

I would like to start off by addressing the Deathmatch punishment and the reasoning behind it. In the provided evidence above, it can be seen that player Ali_Kocholo and Mia_Hernandes approach the reporting party while on a bike. As the reporting starts driving away on his bike, they shortly after follow. As Ali_Kocholo and Mia_Hernandes begin picking up speed and eventually catching up to the reporting party, Ali_Kocholo makes one demand through the use of VOIP which is for him to pull over. As the reporting party does not do so, he is ultimately shot at by Mia_Hernandes. 

The issue that arises with this situation is that no proper demands or initiation had been established to even allow Mia_Hernandes to fire her weapon at Pete_Wright in the first place. Shouting demands through the use of VOIP while driving 80 km/h to another player who is driving equally as fast on a bike while wearing a helmet, which arguably complicates hearing, is not a valid or realistic way to make demands or establish initiation to attack another player for that matter. Furthermore, as outlined in the Deathmatch rules, players are expected to utilize the text-chat when making demands, if they are to be used as a reason to attack another player and this was not done in this situation. However, regardless of whether or not the demand was made through the text-chat, the way it was done and delivered is far from ideal and not realistic at all, and therefore it would rule out "failure to comply" as a reason to attack Pete_Wright. 

In addition to this, Pete_Wright was also not allowed enough time to even comply with the demands being made in the first place. As soon as the first demand was made, 2-3 seconds later shots were being fired at him. As outlined in the Deathmatch rules, a victim must be given enough time to comply with the demands being made upon them. 

All of this combined makes me come to the conclusion that the reasoning for firing upon Pete_Wright was insufficient and not valid, and therefore falls under Deathmatch, 

Thank you for making this report! @Pistol Pete

Report is accepted and archived.

Kind regards,

Dqniel

• Like 1