Exodical

Exodical - Lucas Daniels - Non-RP

Account name: Exodical

Character name(s): Lucas Daniels, Barbara Daniels.

Admin who issued punishment:  @ElisabethC

Date of punishment: 2/10/2019

Punishment received: Non-RP Behavior 10k fine (Offense #3)

Reason given for punishment: Non-RP Behavior, MD(as a faction) being the victim.

Your explanation of what happened: So Me and @Tomvd682 came to MD because we were bored, we walked all the way up to the office and made up an idea to RP taking all the electrical equipment. Me and tom got ourselves ready until one of our buddies showed up on the radio, we asked him if he was interested to come and join us he said yes, later on more of our buddies came online and joined us. After a long time of setting stuff up and getting ourselves ready we walked into MD, got into the office and started taking electrical equipment also some of us decided to vandalize the place, Without knowing that the chief of MD was present. As soon as we knew cops were on its way we went downstairs, coming downstairs we got stopped by an admin. 

Why should your appeal be accepted?:  In my opinion I think we should get another chance since we weren't aware of it not being allowed. Also we didn't expect anybody up in the office. I don't know anybody that has done anything like this before so how were we supposed to know. I think the door system in MD should be adjusted so this wont be able to happen again, make it so you can't walk up to the office make it like PD (Locked doors). In our vision this was a victimless crime since we didn't harm anybody. 

Post any evidence or further details:

Hello and thank you for appealing,

I got a report in-game about a group of people destroying the interior of the LSES and stealing property. This report was made by the chief, Maria Kalic, who was inside the interior at the time doing paperwork in her office. This office is on the top floor in the employee area. When I teleported to her, she informed me that your group was breaking all the windows and RPly stealing monitors and other MD property. Seeing as the inside of the MD interior is a NCZ, I took this serious and found you guys outside near your trucks.

We had a lengthy discussion between all the members present. There were a few arguments made, such as:

• There was no breach of NCZ, as you didn't rob any players.
    • I would like to counter this argument with the fact that the chief was present at the time and saw the property of the faction she oversees be destroyed. I'd also like to point out that destroying property and vandalism is not a victim-less crime, as you are impacting all the people of said faction.
  • There were no people in the hospital (that you knew of).
    • In 6.8.4, it's stated that the NCZs simulate a heavily guarded and secure area. In real life, there'd be nurses and doctors stopping you before you even got through the first door. You guys took advantage of the fact that 99% of MD's roleplay is done outside the hospital.
  • I asked you if you would pull this heist in PD too. I got the following response: "no, as the PD has lockable doors and people with guns, as well as people RPing inside the interior". Don't you agree that this is highly hypocritical? Using MD's lack of developmental support against us is not the way to go. We asked for certain doors to be sealed off like PDs months ago.
    • You did make the argument that you didn't know these doors are supposed to be employee only, which is a fair counter argument, and I agreed with this.

I feel like you guys violated NCZ, and this is a non-RP punishment. I informed you that if you had done this roleplay in a locations that is not a NCZ, I'd have encouraged it. I also told you that you could have made a question report prior to doing this to check if you were allowed to do this, as you were all very much aware the interior of the MD is a NCZ.

I issued the non-rp punishments as I feel you guys should have known better, seeing as you all had prior offences, you even having two before. I don't choose what these punishments are, this is an automated system. As stated before in other punishment appeals, non-rp's are served as a reminder you should have RP'd better and don't impact you negatively. All you lost in this scenario was 10k, which is a few hours of welfare or a good drug run. I don't think this is an issue for a criminal such as yourself.

I hope this cleared up any questions you still have, the chat was very hectic with 7 persons talking through each other.

I suggest that this punishment stay in place, as it serves as a reminder and for the breach of NCZ.

Pending a senior administrator or above.

4 hours ago, ElisabethC said:

I issued the non-rp punishments as I feel you guys should have known better, seeing as you all had prior offences, you even having two before. I don't choose what these punishments are, this is an automated system. As stated before in other punishment appeals, non-rp's are served as a reminder you should have RP'd better and don't impact you negatively. All you lost in this scenario was 10k, which is a few hours of welfare or a good drug run. I don't think this is an issue for a criminal such as yourself

Money is not the problem, it is the punishment we have got on our record. Also gathering money gets harder and harder for criminals nowadays since the taxes are so high. I hope we can get this solved.

~Lucas, Tom and the other boys

Hello, thank you for appealing. From what I've read, you and your friends decided to casually stroll into a hospital because you were bored, and try to role-play stealing equipment from offices and the hospital throughout, then proceeding to vandalize the place. This is why we create No Crime Zones, a hospital of the size of Pillbox Medical would be greatly staffed, you'd have the nurses, the doctors, janitors, security staff, civilian staff (administrative etc) and so forth. 

I don't find it very realistic to casually do what you did, sure it's possible that people with mental issues might do something like this In Real Life (not sure if you role-play a character that has a mental issue properly) but you have to consider how well a hospital of this size would be secured with security. 

I will not be lifting the Non-RP punishment given by Boxxy, let this serve as a reminder as to why this wasn't OK and allow you to be more cautious and considerate of your actions in the future.

- Osborn.