TheCanadian

Criminals fleeing to NCZ after committing a crime

47 minutes ago, Darnell said:

Same would be true at the bank, airport, and so on. The only place I could maybe, maybe, see someone killing someone that they really want to kill is the hospital or Tequila-la, but even that would realistically have a very fast police response.

But Tequila-la would be an entirely different story because of the on-hand cash people have there.

Banks are not protected by guards with ARs, usually just a guy slightly above 'mall cop' grade who has a pistol. 

3 hours ago, Darnell said:

if his/her organization is so powerful, surely they can stop someone from reaching the NCZ,

Surely i can easily use the same argument as a reason to add this suggestion, no? The person(s) is so powerful that they can kill somebody at bank where there are cameras in broad daylight without a care and probably get away with it too if they planned accordingly. And as @Gangula mentioned in his previous post a very large portion of assassinations and murders happen in broad daylight in public view where CCTV or other form of cameras are rolling. 

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Upvote 1

While I don't necessarily agree with being able to gun someone down in an NCZ, I think people shouldn't be able to flee to an NCZ to avoid the consequences of the crime they commit. Someone robbing someone else and then running to the cops when his friends pull up makes no sense, since in reality you'd just tell the cops/security guards/whatever that he stole from you, and they'd take action. The problem with this is that while RPly that security is in NCZs there isn't actually someone there to do anything about it, so despite being a thief the player who ran to the NCZ has nothing to worry about from security or guards, or even cops a lot of the time since they're usually not at the PD

On 2/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Darnell said:

Same would be true at the bank, airport, and so on. The only place I could maybe, maybe, see someone killing someone that they really want to kill is the hospital or Tequila-la, but even that would realistically have a very fast police response.

But Tequila-la would be an entirely different story because of the on-hand cash people have there.

isn't a store robbery supposed to be a very fast response, Lets make everything a ncz !?

IMO If a confrontation starts outside of an NCZ, it should be able to be brought into one...

If anyone lives near a populated city like LA or NY, if you are being chased and they have malicious intent, a bank (ESPECIALLY when closed), a DMV, or a Bar (Teq/YJ) won't stop them from continuing the pursuit. Maybe the MD near PD just because of the distance, but not the Sandy Shores one. 

Also there should be a punishment for people who INSTIGATE a fight with a gang, and run to a NCZ and continue to taunt them via IC or OOC.
IE: "/o NCZ! Can't hurt me!" or *ICLY* "Haha what are you going to do now!? *Gets hit* /o OMG REPORTED!!!"
It is 100% Baiting and should follow under the "Cop Baiting" rule. However, it would be tied more to FearRP than full blown Cop Baiting.

I think that is the most annoying part. When people instigate it and then run to a NCZ. As I stated, the only two places that should actually be an NCZ is the PD, and the Main MD near PD, that's it. 

I'm not saying that NCZs should be removed, they should def be there...however, if a confrontation starts outside of one and gets brought into one, it should't matter if it's a NCZ or not. 

Edited by Nubbsauce

8 minutes ago, Grape said:

Killing somebody that robbed or attempted to murder you is still murder, so you should not be allowed to commit a crime in an NCZ no matter what. This makes no sense whatsoever and I don't understand why so many people are for this

Because what will a CLOSED bank do? There aren't 24/7 security at the banks, they are all automated. And if players see someone kill someone, they will call the police anyways. Also...tell me how a DMV is supposed to protect you? With their absurdly long lines and student drivers?

How about Teqlala or Yellow Jack... a place where gambling takes place. Okay maybe inside would be safe, but not the damn parking lot XD

Edited by Nubbsauce

2 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

Because what will a CLOSED bank do? There aren't 24/7 security at the banks, they are all automated. And if players see someone kill someone, they will call the police anyways. Also...tell me how a DMV is supposed to protect you? With their absurdly long lines and student drivers?

How about Teqlala or Yellow Jack... a place where gambling takes place. Okay maybe inside would be safe, but not the damn parking lot XD

This isn't the point, what should and shouldn't be considered an NCZ is a topic for another time. The point I'm making is that no major crimes should occur in NCZs under ANY circumstances bar admin permission, and being able to murder somebody in one is really one of the more severe crimes you could commit.

And of course popular places such as a bank will have 24/7 security, and if not, response time will be extremely low, so it just makes no sense from a realistic or logical point of view

1 minute ago, Grape said:

This isn't the point, what should and shouldn't be considered an NCZ is a topic for another time. The point I'm making is that no major crimes should occur in NCZs under ANY circumstances bar admin permission, and being able to murder somebody in one is really one of the more severe crimes you could commit.

And of course popular places such as a bank will have 24/7 security, and if not, response time will be extremely low, so it just makes no sense from a realistic or logical point of view

I agree, crimes should not be able to be started INSIDE NCZs and I don't want them removed.

However, currently, you cannot touch someone, even if they instigated it, if they step foot in any NCZ, which is nonsense.

Okay, if the bank did have security, all they could do is call the police...what security guard in their right mind would walk outside of a locked building, and engage multiple armed criminals... I get that it's just a script, but like the rule itself should be tweaked. 

Just now, Nubbsauce said:

I agree, crimes should not be able to be started INSIDE NCZs and I don't want them removed.

However, currently, you cannot touch someone, even if they instigated it, if they step foot in any NCZ, which is nonsense.

Okay, if the bank did have security, all they could do is call the police...what security guard in their right mind would walk outside of a locked building, and engage multiple armed criminals... I get that it's just a script, but like the rule itself should be tweaked. 

It makes sense that you cannot touch somebody inside an NCZ, especially if there is no evidence of that person commiting a crime. And sure, I agree it's poor RP to commit the crime and run to an NCZ. 

And this whole point you've made about crimes starting outside of NCZs removing protection for the person commuting the crime should they run to one makes no sense, as you're still commiting a crime inside of that guarded area no matter what that criminal did to you in the past

18 minutes ago, Grape said:

It makes sense that you cannot touch somebody inside an NCZ, especially if there is no evidence of that person commiting a crime. And sure, I agree it's poor RP to commit the crime and run to an NCZ. 

And this whole point you've made about crimes starting outside of NCZs removing protection for the person commuting the crime should they run to one makes no sense, as you're still commiting a crime inside of that guarded area no matter what that criminal did to you in the past

It doesn't though. You are clinging to the rule book too tightly. If you want to make the RP feel fluid to where your character can actually get themselves hurt for starting shit with a bigger group of people, they should NOT be able to instigate something and then run to the nearest NCZ. Yes it's poor RP, but it isn't punished...so they keep doing it, and doing it, and doing it.... Because it isn't punishable due to the NCZ rule protecting them and it not having an exception or a NCZ abuse rule. 

I agree that MD and PD should be the only ones that you should not be able to continue chasing them to harm them, and I guess the bank too, even though that's where most of the "Baiting" happens and where people run to the most. 

However, It makes no sense to be able to run to a BAR and be safe from someone....or a DMV... those two don't make sense at ALL

Edited by Nubbsauce
  • Upvote 2

On one hand I want to say -1 because I'm afraid people could lose an understanding of what is and is not allowed in an NCZ because this exception is made. A lot of people read the rules once and that's it. Nobody likes to read a bunch of text to be allowed to RP on the server; if people liked reading text, there'd be a lot less people who make a fuss about having to type to RP. As it is, we have a lot of people who commit a deathmatch, VDM, etc. because they don't bother to check the rules before committing a crime, so if people are suddenly allowed to commit a KOS on someone even after they fled to an NCZ, people might start thinking it's okay to kill someone for any reason in an NCZ. It's a slippery slope.

On the other hand, I want to give it a +1 because I think if it's properly handled, it could become a beneficial change to the NCZ rules. I'm all for seeing new RP opportunities, and less people trying to use game mechanics to shove a person out of an NCZ so they can attack them.

For now I think I'm going to settle on a +1. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it doesn't work out, then we can always revert back to the original rules.