Cogie

ID 19, ID 26 (5.1 Metagaming)

Player(s) being reported: ID 19 and ID 26
Date of interaction reported: 2/3/19
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1549180944

Your characters name: Chip Howe

Other player(s) involved: ID 32 and ID 25

Specific rule(s) broken:

5.1.3. Metagaming to gain an in-game advantage, for example telling a friend your location through PM to obtain
backup, will result in more severe punishments than accidental metagaming that serves no benefit to the player such
as calling a stranger by his character name prior to learning it in character.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I was following ID 32 from the bank which lead me to a scene where I found ID 19 on the ground dying. He was with ID 26. ID 26 stated that a medic was called. Shortly after, ID 26 sped off without saying anything. I stayed at the scene for a short time, and then I decided to follow ID 26. After searching, I found ID 26 and she was heading to the MD. When she got to the MD, ID 19 was there; He was waiting for her. She gives him his car without any RP and they continue on. I showed my suspicion of metagaming OOC and I talked to ID 19. ID 19 confirms that he did metagame; however, he claims that he died to a bug which "voids RP in his book". I asked him if he had video of the bug, but he stopped answering me via PM. Also, note that ID 32 and ID 25 show up at the MD as well. They are in the same orange gang. This means that are most likely involved in the metagaming too; however, ID 26 could have theoretically called them on the radio to meet at the MD. Therefore, it can not be confirmed, unlike the indisputable evidence against ID 19 and ID 26.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://streamable.com/3hanz

Hello and thank you for making this report.

ID 19/Johnny_Falcon | You will have 24 hours to respond with your side of the story - Player notified in game.

ID 26/Brandy_Obrien | You will have 24 hours to respond with your side of the story - Player notified in game. 

Pending Responses.

Regards,
~ Aldari_Tagril

Hi there! 

I am Brandy O'Brien, aka Player 26. Johnny Falcon, aka Player 19, and I were in the middle of a roleplay when Mister Falcon did in fact die due to a bug. He crashed into a stationary object in the road and was ejected from his vehicle. I called the medics, and that's when the other two players showed up. When it became apparent that no medics were going to show up, I decided, as support, that since the player died due to a bug, I would bring his vehicle back to him so we could go back to the scene and continue to roleplay where we left off. I really don't think its fair or immersive to acknowledge a death due to a bug, and I personally didn't think there was any unfair advantage that took place by my decision.

Thank you for reporting. I acknowledge that Kables was trying to do something positive and helpful, but support staff are always 100% in character and do not have the authority as staff members to pause or reset role play. I can see from the video that it was stated medics had been called, therefore at that point the bug was being treated as in-character, the car should never have been given back and as he died at the scene giving the car back was minor, although I don't believe any rules were intended on being broken;- 

I can conclude that this was metagaming. The two players involved will be warned for metagaming.

Thanks,

Lewis