Phil McGee

Remove 15 min Coma

50 minutes ago, punched said:

-1 adding the coma system was probably one of the best ideas in a while, whenever someone gets caught in a crime, its instant “deathrp” in /b. If we grant it they get off scot free even after killing cops daily. Now there is a consequence of deathrp which is great. On another note, people without anything on them usually just refuse calling medics and break nlr when they spawn which is also an issue. This coma system hinders that a bit and gives people more value for their life especially during rp scenarios. The coma time should be INCREASED. But not trigger unless killed by a player specifically (shot, beatdown).

While I disagree with you  on the time increase thanks for at least contributing your thoughts to the -1 and not just leaving it blank. Anything to promote discussion is healthy. 

1 hour ago, ElisabethC said:

I agree that the timer should factor in the time you spent bleeding out. I'm also pro a system that bypasses the coma if no medics are on duty, or cut it in half at least. I'm not pro removing it, tho!

This is what needs to be factored into the current coma system IMO.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:10 PM, punched said:

-1 adding the coma system was probably one of the best ideas in a while, whenever someone gets caught in a crime, its instant “deathrp” in /b. If we grant it they get off scot free even after killing cops daily. Now there is a consequence of deathrp which is great. On another note, people without anything on them usually just refuse calling medics and break nlr when they spawn which is also an issue. This coma system hinders that a bit and gives people more value for their life especially during rp scenarios. The coma time should be INCREASED. But not trigger unless killed by a player specifically (shot, beatdown).

I completely disagree with you.

Edited by GamingAlF

I think you should be able to run around as an animal for 15min on death - VOIP & text should be muted.

Your animal roleplay for 15min is nothing to do with your character, it's just something to do for 15min.

Also hunting wild animals up on Chiliad could be fun, or perhaps the cops having to put down injured animals on the side of the road lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DeanThompson said:

I think you should be able to run around as an animal for 15min on death - VOIP & text should be muted.

Your animal roleplay for 15min is nothing to do with your character, it's just something to do for 15min.

Also hunting wild animals up on Chiliad could be fun, or perhaps the cops having to put down injured animals on the side of the road lol

That would be epic! Drop you off in a random location in Blaine county somewhere. Random animal, lower chance of being a predator, but if you are you could run up and attack someone for 'trespassing on your turf' but likely get killed easily with a handgun.

Hate it, remove. Discourages me playing.

Sort the lack of medics out first then maybe consider introducing something like this. Absolute cobbles.

I can't help but feel that it encourages "mercy killing" too. If someone is mad with you they'll almost certainly take pleasure in finishing you off to give you 15 mins of watching paint dry.

Edited by Pistol Pete
  • Like 1

+1. Coma needs to be removed. It's absolutely unnecessary, and its just a pain in the fucking ass when you get DM'd by someone and your recording software decides to not record. This leads to severe frustration as you 1. Get DM'd and lose all your stuff. 2. Have to spend 10 minutes dying in the injured state. 3. Spend another 15 fucking minutes being in "coma".

I like the COMA as in the idea of it , but I think unless you were damaged by another player as in a melee/gunshoot wound on you was inflicted you shouldn't be comatised ... If you fall down of your bike while you are driving in Palleto bay or you lag out , or you hit a flying baseball bat or a bag of amonia I do not see a reason for COMA to be there , but if you died in a fight scenario or by another player then I agree with it 100% 

+1

I think it should be removed because I just really don't see the point of it and who it's supposed to be meant for. If a criminal dies they're already punished because they lose their stuff, which can cost them tens of thousands of dollars. If people are constantly trying to death rp you can just say no. It screws over police because now instead of just not being able to answer the call they were at until the NLR timer runs down they won't be able to answer any calls if they die for 15 minutes. If the NLR timer doesn't start until after the coma finishes then they're getting extra fucked and it'll just make the backlog of police calls even worse. With civvies I can sort of see how it's meant to stop people from doing stupid shit like jumping off buildings, but why not just punish them with fail rp like they're supposed to be? If a bunch of criminals come and shoot up and rob Bayview where I work how is it my fault that I died and why should I be prevented from playing because of it? That's also not to mention all the stupid ways people can be killed to, like by desync, rule breakers, and getting in even the smallest of collisions while riding a bike/motorcycle. The only people who should be getting punished for dying are the ones who are intentionally killing themselves in my opinion, since when I was in MD I used to have to deal with those people, and their calls would slow me down and prevent me from getting to other calls. Speaking of which, it's known that we have a problem with a lack of medics. Despite all of MDs hard work sometimes there just isn't anyone to save you, and you shouldn't be punished with an extra 15 minute wait on top of the bleedout time for that. People will also use it to screw over those that they don't like with a 15 minute wait time by finding any reason they can to kill them, just because of an OOC grudge, same as how people screw mess with people by dumping their cars in water. 

The only somewhat good things I can see coming from this is that maybe it'll stop the FailRPers  who kill themselves constantly, and it might cause PD to fear rp better and we won't have situations where one cop takes on several criminals by themselves because they know their armor will eat the bullets (I haven't been in the criminal scene for a while so I don't know if this is still an issue). 

In conclusion I think the cons of the coma being introduced will heavily outweigh any positive impact it will have on the server, since the coma seems to insinuate that death is your fault and you should be punished for it since you weren't realistically careful enough with your life, when that's just simply not true for a lot of cases. A game mechanic that prevents you from playing the game isn't a good idea in my opinion. I think the coma should be removed but having the timer reduced and having it only work when there's a certain amount of medics would be a start. 

Edited by Spergburger

3 hours ago, Andor said:

Not enough medics: Become one?

I honestly think a coma is good and should be kept in place. The desync kills are mostly people racing around town with 180+, maybe we should stop doing that now. No speed cameras needed

People shouldn't have to be something they don't want to be because there aren't enough of them. Some people drive normally and get killed by those people who are doing 180+, how is it the responsible drivers fault that they got killed? Why are they being punished for driving the right way? 

Just remove it completely or lower it down to 5 minutes at max.

To be honest, I have been on the worst receiving end of this coma, just read this bug report that I made:

TL:DR:  Entered an interior, fell, died, coma for 15 minutes, no admins came.  Revive after Coma, entered again (NLR doesnt really matter since "THE SERVER" killed me), fell again, another 15 minutes of nothing but a counter up your face.

So support on this. 

On 1/24/2019 at 5:47 AM, Denni said:

I'm a little of both. Admins can remove people from coma. However, I do understand the frustrations.

I mean no offense but sometimes, admins have the worst response times, (eg. that thing I posted above), My whole crew has been massacred by that bugged interior.  I was waiting for an admin for roughly an hour to answer the report/s. I even bypassed the admin chain of command and PM'd NBDY directly on Discord since its a really serious bug in a really big update. Thank god he replied and thank god Musket came and checked it out.

So to be honest, in order to give convenience to both the admins and the players, just turn the coma into roughly around 1 minute or so with the Splash screen on. That way, they will have the enough time to read it. 

If you really want people and MOST DEFINITELY Criminals to value their lives. Ain't raising the Gun prices already proving the point that you SHOULD value your life cause you will lose your items and lose a good amount of money in the process. 

'Cause lets be real here, EVEN IF you value your life and you managed to not get killed by a player, one way or another, YOU WILL still die because THE SERVER itself will kill you (eg. Desync, hitting random floating objects, falling off interiors, invisible spikes popping up your tires, etc etc.)

Edited by Umbracato