Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

MikeTyson_

Changing how far you can whisper (/whisper)

So recently I've seen many people whispering from car to car, which is very unrealistic. 

1. Whispering should only be allowed from extremely close range, as that's whats whispering for.

Realistically you wouldn't be using whisper from 1 - 2m away, only from real close.

Overall, I believe the /w command should be changed and there should be some requirements to use this, instead of being able to freely use it and abuse it.

Edited by MikeTyson_

13 minutes ago, MikeTyson_ said:

So recently I've seen many people whispering from car to car, which is very unrealistic. 

1. Whispering should only be allowed from extremely close range, as that's whats whispering for.

Realistically you wouldn't be using whisper from 1 - 2m away, only from real close.

Overall, I believe the /w command should be changed and there should be some requirements to use this, instead of being able to freely use it and abuse it.

Agreed. I think it should be similar as the /s command. I dont think you should be able to whisper to someone specificly, but there should be a REALLY close range of people who can hear you. I encountered enough times I am standing bewteen 2 people and they happily whisper to eachother without me being able to hear it...

Just now, Yputi said:

Agreed. I think it should be similar as the /s command. I dont think you should be able to whisper to someone specificly, but there should be a REALLY close range of people who can hear you. I encountered enough times I am standing bewteen 2 people and they happily whisper to eachother without me being able to hear it...

Exactly.

This is a good idea, I do agree with you. But I also believe that you should keep the whispering to another player by using their ID intact, because nobody wants anyone standing up close and in your face listening in on you. Because let's be honest, most people just stand a few inches from your toon's face, even while at the bank.

1 minute ago, rex_hound said:

This is a good idea, I do agree with you. But I also believe that you should keep the whispering to another player by using their ID intact, because nobody wants anyone standing up close and in your face listening in on you. Because let's be honest, most people just stand a few inches from your toon's face, even while at the bank.

But that's why whispering is supposed to be done in a private area. Not just anywhere out in the public.

Edited by MikeTyson_
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MikeTyson_ said:

But that's why whispering is supposed to be done in a private area. Not just anywhere out in the public.

That being said, people whisper in public in real life, some even still do the whispering in the ear thing that you'd do as a kid, people actually do RP this, sometimes, not all the time. It's all dependent on who the player is while whispering. I know I, for one, would like the range lowered, but I'd still like to whisper to ONE person at a time, then if it needs repeating to another player then I shall repeat it to them. 

5 minutes ago, rex_hound said:

That being said, people whisper in public in real life, some even still do the whispering in the ear thing that you'd do as a kid, people actually do RP this, sometimes, not all the time. It's all dependent on who the player is while whispering. I know I, for one, would like the range lowered, but I'd still like to whisper to ONE person at a time, then if it needs repeating to another player then I shall repeat it to them. 

Wouldn't people who are really close to you be able to hear you? /me moves close to hear what they're saying

I believe realistically they would.

Edited by MikeTyson_

I don't really mind the way the current whisper command works with the player ID, but the range is too big. +1

• Like 1