Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

Tomvd682

tom__/tomvd682 - Tom Daniels (Banappeal)

Account name: Tom__ and tomvd682

Character name(s): Tom Daniels, Chuck Cox, Jagger Carwyn, and Sint Nicolas.

Admin who issued punishment: @Dingus0

Date of punishment: 19th of January, 2019

Punishment received: Permanent ban

The reason that was given for the punishment: Deathmatching | 5th offense

Your explanation of what happened:
Someone said over the radio that one of my friends (Fred_Frederiksen) was being arrested on the pier,
after hearing so I went to the pier with 2 others to

see what is going on. As we arrived we saw Fred in handcuffs surrounded by a bunch of officers so we set up this simple plan to attempt to free Fred.
The plan was that I would start shooting at the cops to create chaos so Fred could run towards the car meanwhile and get in our boat
after at the beach.

When I opened fire I downed an officer (Helene_Charbonneau) and shot a few more from different angles and got away on my bike after.
Our attempt to free Fred failed.

A while later I got contacted by an admin (Dingus0) and got informed about that Fred wasn't being arrested and I basically broke the Deathmatching rule.

Why should your appeal be accepted?:

It all was a big misunderstanding/miscommunication as we were called over the radio that he was being arrested and as we pulled up we saw Fred_Frederiksen in cuffs surrounded by officers.

Post any evidence or further details: None

Edited by Tomvd682
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

hi, I'm Fred Frederiksen.

At the time, I was told that i was being detained, and i was in handcuffs and on my knees, a fellow gang member was present but I dont believe he knew that I was only being detained. I did not talk on radio because thats a dumb idea in front of 4-6 cops, and it was taken off me shortly after one of the shootings. As for the escape it only failed due to me not being able to move or get up from being in the /down position. only after being uncuffed and then doing a dance animation and then /anim stop was i able to move again

EDIT: If i had been able to move everyone would have known that it was a distraction to get me out of there, but since i couldnt it just looks like DM

Edited by Sinner
further explanation
  • Like 1

Assuming that someone is being arrested based on what someone says on the radio is not valid reason to kill someone. After reading through the logs and talking with the parties involved you clearly acted solely just on information from the radio gunning down an officer, which turned out to be false. In addition to this you already have four offenses of Deathmatching and have been told numerous times in the past that you alone are responsible for the actions you take. Miscommunication is not an excuse to kill someone.

I can provide additional context if needed in PM`s, however I recommend the punishment remain in place.

Pending Senior Admin+

45 minutes ago, Dingus0 said:

Assuming that someone is being arrested based on what someone says on the radio is not valid reason to kill someone. After reading through the logs and talking with the parties involved you clearly acted solely just on information from the radio gunning down an officer, which turned out to be false. In addition to this you already have four offenses of Deathmatching and have been told numerous times in the past that you alone are responsible for the actions you take. Miscommunication is not an excuse to kill someone.

I can provide additional context if needed in PM`s, however I recommend the punishment remain in place.

Pending Senior Admin+

"Assuming that someone is being arrested based on what someone says on the radio is not a valid reason to kill someone. After reading through the logs and talking with the parties involved you clearly reacted solely just on information from the radio gunning down an officer, which turned out false"
I know it's not, it was the reason to go there and see what was going on. We saw Fred_Frederiksen in cuffs, surrounded by cops so we logically assumed he was being arrested and reacted to it. Also, I still don't get why he was cuffed if he wasn't getting arrested

19 minutes ago, Tomvd682 said:

we logically assumed he was being arrested

Just because someone is in handcuffs does not mean they are being arrested, because you falsely assumed that you deathmatched someone. People get placed in handcuffs all the time and get released. An assumption is not enough to kill. 

Hey, I'm Henk Frederiksen.

I was positioned underneath the pier under my boat, with the purpose to extract Fred Frederiksen after the officers were distracted, so I'm indeed involved in this scenario.

After reading through the logs and talking with the parties involved you clearly acted solely just on information from the radio gunning down an officer, which turned out to be false.

I would like you to clarify with who, from the parties you talked, because you certainly didn't talk to any of us. And if you talked to the officers, they'd most likely tell you that each and everyone one of us had been in a large-scale police chase around one hour prior, in which, we also used the boat as a means to escape. This fact, I believe @nateX can confirm. And everyone includes Fred Frederiksen, who did not change appearance, nor vehicle, was involved as one of the getaway drivers. So coming to the conclusion that Fred was being arrested, due to this police chase prior, is in my opinion a very rational one.

After the plan failed (due to Fred's animation being stuck), I was compromised by the police at the pier in my boat, which I believe was called also due to the reason that Tom Daniels escaped the police earlier with it. Both sides took losses, PD foiled our plans and turned out the winner. In this entire scenario I don't think Tom Daniels hurt the quality of RP one bit.

My final word on this is that I think @Tomvd682 should've had a chance to defend himself on this scenario BEFORE receiving a permaban, in order to really get all sides of the story. I hope this case gets resolved soon

Kind regards,

Frijfugel/Henk Frederiksen

• Like 3

Hello, as I was tagged in here, I will give my short reply.

So yes, I was part of the chase of Tom Daniels, but after following him to Great Ocean Highway, our X-RAY unit told us he made his down to the beach. So I continued down to the beach where I noticed a boat waiting to pick Daniels up. I was ordered to open fire to disable the boat, so I did but due to my terrible lags I couldn't get a good shot, so I decided to restart my PC.

That's all I can say from my side of the story as when I logged back in and got to the scene, it was already done.

• Like 1

Before the situation at the pier, we (Including Fred) were being chased by a lot of police units which we ended up escaping in our boat and sports cars. Later on (5-10 minutes later) we got called over the radio that Fred_Frederiksen was being arrested (He also was involved in the chase earlier) at the pier, after arriving at the pier we noticed that the pier was blocked off with barricades and there was a lot of police surrounding a cuffed Fred  on his knees.

I don't remember all the details as this happened a week ago

Let me provide a visual of the scene

0526790be27c25e367e194343de34030f.thumb.jpg.00068747ed6be520ee787e678ba5f519.jpg

I have highlighted several things:

• There are three cops in the foreground, and more in the back questioning and cuffing Fred.
  • There's a SWAT present, meaning a "heavy crime" took place here, such as murder or possession of illegal weaponry.
  • The pier is barricaded off, mind you this isn't a road. Cars don't just pass by here, meaning that instead of directing incoming traffic, these barricades were placed to shut off the crime scene against potential intruders (us).
  • And in the back you can see the comet being boxed in by police cruisers.

No matter how you look at it, from our perspective, taking into account the police chase prior, Fred was being arrested. We see a lot of cops, including SWAT barricade off a place that is not a road. Fred's car, which was part of the police chase earlier is boxed in by cruisers. Fred is being cuffed. And none of us were able to contact the police personally, as again, we were all fugitives.

We weren't so simple as to think that because cuffs were being used, we automatically gained KOS. We had a plan in motion that required no killing. The shots were meant as a distraction to get Fred into the boat, and escape. The plan was not to shoot him out of there. Tom did nothing more than play his part in this plan, and distract the cops. Tom has been playing in ECRP for quite some time now as an active member, and he knows, and abides by the rules. To permanently ban him for what from our perspective was perfectly within the rules, with absolutely no intentions but to have some fun breakout RP using a boat, which cops and criminals alike don't often experience,  would in my opinion be a huge mistake.

I hope the team acknowledges that we acted out of nothing but good will, for the sake of some fun, and refreshing gameplay.

Kind regards, Frijfugel

Proof of the boat in position:

c82030d56367c9067f0c1e3a112adb4c.thumb.jpg.1f657ad73dfdb2611ed76a61cd64a56c.jpg

Hi I was the cop to put fred in cuffs and stay with/moniter him for the duration of the scene. First of all, i put him in cuffs for my safety. I informed him multiple times even with his gang members near him that he was being DETAINED. His car ended up being blocked in because another civilian on the scene decided to steal it and we had to take the proper measures to prevent the theifs escape. However I do see how this could have been misunderstood by the attackers thinking we were arresting Fred, that does not give them valid KOS considering the reality of the situation. Fred was released when the scene finished. Personally I would still say give Tom Daniels another chance as it can reasonably be considered a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Approx. how many other criminals were involved in this break-free plan for Fred? Additionally, was anyone else punished besides Tom, or did anyone else shoot like Tom? Trying to get an accurate picture of the situation.

Thanks, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BallinByNature said:

Approx. how many other criminals were involved in this break-free plan for Fred? Additionally, was anyone else punished besides Tom, or did anyone else shoot like Tom? Trying to get an accurate picture of the situation.

Thanks, 

Approx. how many other criminals were involved in this break-free plan for Fred?
I believe we had 4 or 5 people being part of this attempt to break Fred out.

was anyone else punished besides Tom?
No, I was the only one that was punished.

did anyone else shoot like Tom?
No, I was the only one that killed an officer, The officer was Helene_Charbonneau I believe.

• Upvote 1

Punishment will be voided. There is plenty of reason to believe he is under arrest. SWAT was present, barricades were up, it essentially looks like cops believed there was an imminent attack already. This was not a routine cuff the drunk guy on the sidewalk for a couple officers safety as its being made out to be by saying people get put in cuffs all the time, while this is a true statement it is not the only factor in this situation.

Police are trained to deal with dangerous situations like this, people should not be being banned for this, they were within their rights to attempt an attack to get their friend out of police custody.

Thanks for the appeal.

• Like 2
  • PogU 4