Reevesy202

Take away some of the cops "advantages"

Remove names so police can't use this advantage?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Remove names so police can't use this advantage?

1. Yes I understand that that's real world but this isn't. Not EVERY country has that system and I think roleplaying with what you have is better than 2. giving you an upper-hand because you see their name and can grab them. So what that I can role-play having a stretcher in the back of the ambulance? That gives me NO advantages over anyone in-game. I also have to role-play giving CPR to someone with broken legs as I can't work around what the game doesn't give me. The reason I don't like this is 3. if someone chooses to have plastic surgery the cops RPing the fact they have a picture on their system breaks all role-play because they have no idea what the suspect looks like now but will just read the name and say that's the correct perp. Screw that.

In Regards to Point #1

You understand that this isn't the real world and that not every law enforcement department in the world has access to a database of drivers license photographs - you need to understand that the police department is loosely basing it's roleplay off of the Los Angeles Police Department as that is what Los Santos is - it's based off of Los Angeles.

In Regards to Point #2

Any officer that blatantly runs up to someone and arrests them without an attempt to identify them -is- in violation of the meta-gaming rule, they are expected to role-play looking at the person and recognizing them from the mobile data computer.

You're referencing a complaint that has absolutely zero evidence in which the officers in question had no chance to defend themselves and was completely conjecture.

In Regards to Point #3

That is simply an aspect of role-play, did said person role-play having cosmetic surgery who is role-playing doing the cosmetic surgery? Do we have doctors in San Andreas or do the medics just grab a scalpel and go to work... When someone gets shot and put on the ground does a doctor save them or does the script just miraculously revive them with no ill effects.

General Commentary

As previously mentioned this is a light roleplay community, the same thing that motivates people to evade from the police when in real life most people don't is the same reason why police pursue, because it's a game. You don't want to get arrested by police then don't run from the police, be a good law abiding citizen - but then that's "no fun" so take your chances with getting arrested.

You also reference a Twitch streamer by the name of Lirik who is playing on a modification of Grand Theft Auto 5 called FiveM which has superior levels of bullet sync, vehicle sync and robust damage system. Right now we are limited to "oh he smashed into a wall - he turned his engine back on, aaaand he is running again"

The general claim of taking away "advantages" from police is moot because guess what - the police don't always win, the police as it is right now speaking as a police officer are losing - quite frequently actually.

As you see he pulls them over for a very damaged vehicle, 1. doesn't "recognise" them from a system that isn't in the game and instead he asks everyone for their ID's. You can see one of them is wanted and doesn't want to give his ID because he thinks he is wanted. He checks the names and says that some of them are free to go but 2 of the names flagged on the system and they have to get out.

In Regards to Point #1

We already role-playingly identify people - if an officer doesn't do this and just arrests a guy without any form of role-play identification either through a license plate or drivers license or through the MDC through wanted records that's meta-gaming... Get evidence of it and post a complaint on the forums.

General Commentary

As I'm writing this as I go, I just noted one point in the Lirik video - there is role-play fear of the police as seen in your last video you posted on here against us "SA:MP" guys. They actually stay away from the police if they can because they don't want to get arrested, there is role-play respect and fear something this community very inherently lacks as you've seen PLENTY of times watching my live stream.

1. Sorry , but this is a light role play server.... If you guys dont want CK system, how can this be implemented. Light rp = light rp. Fair is fair.

How bout dis.... dont break the law. Simple solution to your problem. trying to create a community change just to get your way and to "win" seems like .... well, nevermind. Not worth my time.

2. Its light role play server... therefore, let it be as such. You want no names, pay for VIP to mask. Support your community.

In Regards to Point #1

Pushing your CK system which is already extremely flawed doesn't change facts - yes if there was a character kill system in which fucking with the police would result in their characters getting killed off absolutely that would instill fear into the hearts of anyone that crosses a police officer but that's not the right way to go about it.

In Regards to Point #2

I fully agree with this, rather than trying to increase the standard of role-play to what other players see fit why can't we reach a happy middle-ground for all of us, you don't want to get recognized go to a store and buy a mask for $5,000 or donate to the server and support your community.

So people can go and start shooting outside PD HQ, they can fight against cops with pistols without RPing fear at all, becoz its a light RP server but cops can't catch you? LOL

No, no and no.

Anyway the jail time is 60 mins max right now and mostly people get 30-45 mins for heaviest crimes, you are not ever able to handle that? In that case, don't provoke cops, don't be stupid to commit crimes in the middle of the road in broad daylight, simple.

In Regards to Entire Post

This already happens, people drive-by cops and what most players consider non-roleplay because police aren't feared. Just another officer reinforcing the fact that people almost never role-play with us unless they're running from us.

1. Errr, don't know who actually uses the names overhead in roleplay but I don't. I don't know the name untill I've seen the ID. Car owned by wanted person is enough grounds to get pulled over though. However, that is done with a simple plate check that real life police has as well. (In the civilized world anyway)

2. Removing the names overhead is fine by me once the server is stable and there is not so much non-rp. At this point in time we need the names to report the people that fail RP or just DM in any way.

In Regards to Point #1

Another officer stating that he doesn't meta-game name tags.

In Regards to Point #2

Again I have no problem removing name tags if the role-play standard of the server was higher, as noted in the videos that have been linked and treated as "god" status people genuinely can get to know each-other, the name-tag is currently role-played as their face for role-play recognition purposes. That's the way the founders want it to be so that's the way we do it as for right now

That's the start of my systematic disapproval of this suggestion, I'll continue when I have more time and more feedback has been posted

Like you, I don't have time for this shit in the morning but I'll respond properly later.

Again, THIS IS A SUGGESTION! Fuck the "false" reports with no evidence, this is merely a SUGGESTION that can stop future meta-gaming as yes it can and will possibly happen.

Also the 5k comment for a mask, oh yeah let's expect everyone to get 5k out, go get a mask, every time the server crashes and hope to avoid a cop every time. Also not everyone can afford to donate the the servers they play on, but you seem like you'd hold them at a lower standard than yourself.

And regards to the RL los santos police. In no way is this in regards to what they can and can't do, this is merely a SUGGESTION about using what we have in-game AND what works AND not only that BUT we agree it SHOULD be a higher level of RP on the server? Great.. but we need to AGREE that is is NOT yet, people class this as light-rp right now and you're trying to make it HEAVY RP by talking about what they can do RL, I am not. Taking me for example, as a medic Id have more training than CPR in RL, HOWEVER, this game only gives me CPR, AND it alerts to everyone that I'm giving CPR so what do I do when it's just someone who RPs shattered legs? I RP the fuck out of why I'd be giving CPR and use what I'm given to work around it, not going "well in RL we can do this this and this and so I'm going to pretend for my advantage" (again not saying a medic has an advantage because you seem to forget we are talking about in-game tools and not what it's fucking based on.

I said I'd keep it short but fuck it, I'll probably respond later when I'm at the computer but I honestly don't know if I want to carry this on with you oh fucking high and mighty dick vane.

Edited by Guest

TL;DR From a LSPD perspective:

We have all your information in our MDC without putting effort in maintaining nor do we investigate cases by putting effort in roleplaying. We're therefore always right (read: because your nametag shows that you're the perpetrator). Hence all your efforts into creating an excuse are invalid.

Edited by Guest