Xypint

ID 123 (KOS, DM)

Player(s) being reported: ID 123

Date of rule breach: 1/13/19

Time of rule breach: 2:19PM EST

Your characters name: Michael_McGregor

Other players involved:

Specific rule broken: " 7.2 Deathmatch
7.2.1 Deathmatch is the act of killing or hurting another player (or damaging their property) without a proper roleplay reason.
An attempt to break this rule will result in a temporary or permanent ban.
7.2.2 Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:
• If they attempt to harm, hurt you or damage your property (or if they attempt to do the same to your friends or
allies), this also includes an attempt by the police to arrest someone;
• If they report you to the police for a committed heavy crime, however, if someone reports you for a light crime,
such as illegal parking, then the reason is insufficient;
• If they are not in compliance with the demands or if they attempt to escape or call other players for help;

7.4 Kill on sight
7.4.1 Kill on sight (KoS) is the act of killing a player with no engagement in roleplay.
7.4.2 A player is allowed to KoS someone, only for specific reasons, that are not older than 24 real world hours, and if the
new life rule is followed.
7.4.3 KoS is allowed for these specific reasons:
• Your life was threatened in the past (ex.: in a robbery, a combat situation or a hostage situation);
• The life of your friend or ally is threatened at the present or if you have witnessed it happen in the past;
• There is an attempt to steal your valuables, or those of your group, if the value of theft is not less than $75.000
(this point excludes vehicles);"

How did the player break the rule?: This man shot at me without engagement in RP. As seen in the video the only person with a gun was ID 123. ID 4 was unarmed as we were fighting and he used melee instead of ranged as he had no gun. 157 was downed. 

Evidence of rule breach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vMsmIgV_ok&feature=youtu.be

Hello @Xypint

Thank you for the report, however your link to your video states that it is unavailable. Please correct this in 24 hours or I will have to lock the report and archive it.

Kind Regards

Varakai

13 hours ago, Varakai said:

Hello @Xypint

Thank you for the report, however your link to your video states that it is unavailable. Please correct this in 24 hours or I will have to lock the report and archive it.

Kind Regards

Varakai

Sorry. Fixed. @Varakai

Edited by Xypint

Hey, thanks for tagging me in this, Varakai!

So I came to this call of an injured suspect, there was another witness of you injuring him, so I knew what you looked like. Once you came back to the scene, they told me that it was you. You started running and I tried to take the taser out to tase you, but I accidentally took out a pistol and aimed at you to look where you were running. I wanted to put the pistol down, because I was not gonna chase you, and I miss clicked mouse1 while I tried to let mouse2 go, as you can see I only shot one bullet in the video. You can see in my video I aimed at you for like 5-6 seconds, if I wanted to shoot you down, I had better options, I had SMG on my back and I had plenty of time to shoot you down if I wanted to kill or injure you. If you came back I would've explained it to you in /ooc that it was a miss click, but you ran away and pmed me after few minutes that you gonna report me, and when I pmed you back you weren't on the server.

https://streamable.com/a40np

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukasMontana said:

Hey, thanks for tagging me in this, Varakai!

So I came to this call of an injured suspect, there was another witness of you injuring him, so I knew what you looked like. Once you came back to the scene, they told me that it was you. You started running and I tried to take the taser out to tase you, but I accidentally took out a pistol and aimed at you to look where you were running. I wanted to put the pistol down, because I was not gonna chase you, and I miss clicked mouse1 while I tried to let mouse2 go, as you can see I only shot one bullet in the video. You can see in my video I aimed at you for like 5-6 seconds, if I wanted to shoot you down, I had better options, I had SMG on my back and I had plenty of time to shoot you down if I wanted to kill or injure you. If you came back I would've explained it to you in /ooc that it was a miss click, but you ran away and pmed me after few minutes that you gonna report me, and when I pmed you back you weren't on the server.

https://streamable.com/a40np

If it was a genuine mistake, I couldn't care less. I get no pleasure from seeing people punished over petty shit. This scenario had no negative scenario for me, so I would be accepting of a verbal warning just so you know to be careful next time. 

Whatever Varakai deems fit.

Okay, thank you both for replying in a timely manner.

I will agree that had the officer had intentions on killing you he would have. It is common that officers may have the wrong weapon deployed. I will take this to the High Command of PD and will point out the importance of equipment management and handling. And realizing what weapon they have drawn. It is understandable that in the heat of the moment an officer may not have the right weapon deployed for the right situation.

I will drop the matter and lock this report. Thank you both for your time.