Donovan

Voice Changers

I'd rather not hear those squicky chimpmunk voices , they just ruin the whole expirience and my immersion , am I talking to a girl or to a squirrel ? ...

If the Voice Changer quality was good and it actually sounded atleast human then alright it can pass , but listening to those voice changers that you just dl from the web and select FEMALE , and then come ingame and sound like one of those 3 rapping squirrels , see that's the problem imo ..

Edited by Gangula

7 hours ago, Gangula said:

I'd rather not hear those squicky chimpmunk voices , they just ruin the whole expirience and my immersion , am I talking to a girl or to a squirrel ? ...

If the Voice Changer quality was good and it actually sounded atleast human then alright it can pass , but listening to those voice changers that you just dl from the web and select FEMALE , and then come ingame and sound like one of those 3 rapping squirrels , see that's the problem imo .. 

You also said "if you were to hear a mans voice you would know its a transgender or smth like that and back off same way you'd do in real life"...... so you're saying that people should only RP as a different gender to what they are IRL, if they can 100% be convincing or use a voice changer that is 100% convincing?

That's fucking ridiculous lmao, your logic doesn't really hold up here

If it's a female character, I'm knocking it down regardless and we'll work out the real gender details afterwards. No in all seriousness though, how can you say it's meta gaming if some big ass hairy alpha male is on a female character and when he talks, you realize it's a man? If I ERP with a female character and i hear a man grunting and shit on the mic, I'm moon walking away from that RP, sorry Admins.

giphy.gif

Edited by MrUntouchable215

1 hour ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

If it's a female character, I'm knocking it down regardless and we'll work out the real gender details afterwards. No in all seriousness though, how can you say it's meta gaming if some big ass hairy alpha male is on a female character and when he talks, you realize it's a man? If I ERP with a female character and i hear a man grunting and shit on the mic, I'm moon walking away from that RP, sorry Admins.

Because that's the whole concept behind roleplaying. Portraying a character.

If you want to do ERP with a female character, you're not trying to ERP with the person behind the monitor, but the character. It shouldn't matter who is standing behind the screen.

It's like saying "you sound too young to be a cop, so I'm moonwalking away from this arrest."

That's the exact opposite of what roleplaying is about.

1 minute ago, Darnell said:

Because that's the whole concept behind roleplaying. Portraying a character.

If you want to do ERP with a female character, you're not trying to ERP with the person behind the monitor, but the character. It shouldn't matter who is standing behind the screen.

It's like saying "you sound too young to be a cop, so I'm moonwalking away from this arrest."

That's the exact opposite of what roleplaying is about.

No matter how much RP we attempt to do, you're still Roleplaying with the person behind the monitor. There isn't much you can do about that one simple fact. Yes, we're portraying a character but the same thing applies in real life as well, there's Roleplay beyond a computer screen. Roleplay isn't as simple as "Only possible in a video game" You can Roleplay anything you want but hearing a mans voice in voip is the same as hearing a deep voice on a woman. No amount of RP in the world is going to stop you from being a grown ass man on a female character in my eyes and asking your player base to do that is just asking for too much. Either use text when you're on a female character or just don't RP as a female if you're going to feel some type of way that you're recognized as a man; that's quite simple actually. 

9 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

No matter how much RP we attempt to do, you're still Roleplaying with the person behind the monitor. There isn't much you can do about that one simple fact. Yes, we're portraying a character but the same thing applies in real life as well, there's Roleplay beyond a computer screen. Roleplay isn't as simple as "Only possible in a video game" You can Roleplay anything you want but hearing a mans voice in voip is the same as hearing a deep voice on a woman. No amount of RP in the world is going to stop you from being a grown ass man on a female character in my eyes and asking your player base to do that is just asking for too much. Either use text when you're on a female character or just don't RP as a female if you're going to feel some type of way that you're recognized as a man; that's quite simple actually. 

I feel that being asked to go along with another person's character in a roleplaying server is not asking for too much.

Edited by Darnell

Just now, Darnell said:

I feel that the moment you signed on a roleplaying server, being asked to go along with other people's roleplay is not too much to ask. 

Of course it isn't, that's fair. I'm just saying that even if you're roleplaying as a female, you having a deep alpha male voice indicates you look like tyler1. All I'm saying is, use text if you want people to immerse in your RP. I also want to point out that my girlfriend played this server and wanted to Roleplay as an android and an Admin told her that it was somehow "Powergaming" to do that, because she was using a robotic voice changer. If that's the case, the same thing applies to grown men, roleplaying as females and using their deep ass voice in voip. There's no difference.

• PogU 1