Sign in to follow this  
ranchy

Sirens

Not sure what you mean, siren sounds are based on the vehicle they're on just like in real life. They can also be 'honked' to make a different sound temporarily.

Definitely don't remove them, players need to know where emergency vehicles are so they're prepared to yield to them, again, like real life. Else they'll be running over people not hearing them coming.

3 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Not sure what you mean, siren sounds are based on the vehicle they're on just like in real life. They can also be 'honked' to make a different sound temporarily.

Definitely don't remove them, players need to know where emergency vehicles are so they're prepared to yield to them, again, like real life. Else they'll be running over people not hearing them coming.

Think he means it when you can hear a siren from the background, so basically the background noise GTA V has.

2 minutes ago, Xoza said:

I think he means the map background sounds.
There are indeed standard map background sounds based on your location. At the Motorsport dealership for example you will hear SMG shots in the distance. At other locations you will randomly hear sirens. This can also be the towtrucks of mechanics though, as those towtrucks trigger siren sounds (with/without amber lights on). Here I got a clip about the towtruck part: https://plays.tv/video/5b6efc474137a01520/amber-light
You can hear sirens if you listen closely, but when the towtruck comes closer it will dissapear.

If the background sounds are easy to disable, I would give it a +1 as it does leave some confusion sometimes, but I am affraid it will be quite a task to get it done.

OH, okay, thought it was misspelling. The world ambiance sounds. Interesting.

It would make for a pretty quiet world, but I do believe it's client side, so it may be possible.

Edited by Xoza

2 hours ago, Hilbert said:

Think he means it when you can hear a siren from the background, so basically the background noise GTA V has.

This is exactly what i mean't 

Sorry for my inability to explain it at first place