Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

HaminLord

HaminLord - Jason Nightwood (Metagaming appeal)

Account name: HaminLord
Character name(s): Jason Nightwood, Rose Martin, Ilai Gotlin and Noam Gotlin

Admin who issued punishment: @ChuckM
Date of punishment: 6/1/2019
Punishment received: 3rd breach of Metagaming 

Reason given for punishment: (Chuck did still not add this to my panel however I will quote what he said on the report) "He also PM'd Steven Carwyn asking him to come back to where he was which is Metagaming."

Your explanation of what happened: After me and my friend crashed, I relogged only to see the members who were chasing me using my crash to give them an advantage.
I informed them over /b that this is not allowed and asked if we can please go and continue RP from the point when I crashed. Unfortunately, This did not work.
A few seconds later, Steven_Carwyn who has an alternate character in the same group as them pulled up and said that it is indeed not allowed.
Steven then sped off and was away from the scene. I believed that perhaps they will listen to him due to his alternate character and proceeded to PM him and ask him to come back.
The reason I did this was due to how the Report Guidelines tell you to try and resolve the situation in OOC manners, and if that doesn't work to procceed into a report.

I didn't want to waste time on a forum report so I asked Steven to come back in /PM to tell them that this is not allowed a 2nd time, as perhaps then they would've listened to him.
Steven did not come, not benefiting any of the parties. 

Why should your appeal be accepted?:
It was never my intention to make Steven come and assist as I was being robbed.
But instead help me tell the reported party that their actions are not allowed and that we must resume RP from the point in which my crash gave them an advantage over me.

Post any evidence or further details:
The report that resulted in me getting a metagaming punishment.

The evidence I sent to Chuck involving that report can be obtained by reaching Chuck or me (Hamin#0420), I have no problem sharing it with other staff.
Edited by HaminLord

@HaminLord, thank you for making this Punishment Appeal. 

You shouldn't be contacting other players via PM to come to your location. A staff member is who you should have requested help from to mediate the situation via a /report. Bringing another player back to give their thoughts is not the most effective way to handle this or any situation. Requesting another player to come back via PM is by definition Metagaming (he even respond so in the PM saying it is. You can't blame him for not coming) and in this context I am unsure what you wanted him to do but I can lean towards you wanting him to explain the rules which he shouldn't be compelled to do. I recommend this punishment stay although I am indifferent to it being voided. 

You don't seem to have a firm grasp on the Metagaming rule as this was your 3rd punishment and I have been personally PM'd by you to help in game long before. If you need help you need to make a /report and try to wait with the other parties but if all else fails continue to RP and make a report on the forums.  I need to to acknowledge that you will refrain from PMing for help in the future. 

Pending a response from Head Admin+ @BallinByNature / @Toony

3 hours ago, ChuckM said:

You don't seem to have a firm grasp on the Metagaming rule as this was your 3rd punishment and I have been personally PM'd by you to help in game long before. If you need help you need to make a /report and try to wait with the other parties but if all else fails continue to RP and make a report on the forums.  I need to to acknowledge that you will refrain from PMing for help in the future. 

Again, I had no intention to PM Steven Carwyn to get any sort of help. However, I will not argue further. I fully understand my mistake. And will make sure I will not repeat it in the future.

The reasoning to me PM'ing a staff member was due to the same staff member being present in a scenario a second earlier while in /aduty.

I can fully assure you @BallinByNature I will not repeat this mistake.
Since my 2nd breach of metagaming, I've tried to avoid metagaming as best as I can. The entire appeal was made due to me thinking I'll receive a normal punishment. When I received the punishment and saw it was a minor one, I knew the appeal shouldn't have been made. 
I'm very aware of the metagaming rule and its definition. Which is why I was so afraid I'll receive a normal/major punishment when the information I sent in an OOC way was so minor.

I am not blaming Steven Carwyn for not coming either, my intention was for him to help me explain to the reported party that their actions are not allowed. As at the time he had an alternate character in the same group as them. And I believed that if he would tell the reported party that, perhaps they'll listen out.

Nothing more I can say, I understand my punishment and will make sure it will never be done again.

Edited by HaminLord

6 hours ago, BallinByNature said:

What would you do differently if the same situation happened again?

I would simply tell a player who is breaching rules the rule he is breaking and how to stop doing so once, if he'll ignore me then I would simply /report and continue RP as much as I can.

This was mostly done due to frustration, I did not want to waste my time on a forum report. A thing that happened anyway. 

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Once again, I can assure both of you I will not repeat the same mistake.

Punishment is going to remain in place due to it being a 3rd offense but I believe if you follow the rules you can avoid further punishment.

I don't think you should have any issues in the future.

Thanks for the appeal.

• Like 1