AbsoluteBadonkers

Proper Radios

As of right now, the “radios” we have are technically just headsets connected to one very long call, the only time there’s an animation is when you use text chat to use the radio, and there’s no noise when using it.

My suggestion would require essentially an overhaul to the radio system so I don’t expect this to get far.

My idea is to bring in an actual radio that you wear on your shoulder. You can buy multiple models from a store (of varying voice quality) and when equipped it will appear on your shoulder. When using it your character’s hand goes up to the radio and some kind of noise, or “click” happens to indicate that your have the button pressed. While speaking or receiving on a radio, the voice is put through a high pass filter type of effect (I believe that’s it?) and when you release it there is another click to signify that you are not holding the button any more.

Open to criticism as always, but like previously mentioned, I don’t expect this one to get far as it would essentially overhaul the radio system.

• Like 1

I like the idea of creating something a bit more realistic for communication, but there are a couple of issue I see with your suggestion.

1) The dev support required. There are too many high priority things on the list to worry about something such as this.

2) The voice quality changing is probably not even possible. RageMP will just take whatever inputs it receives from someone mic and output them in game. I don't think there would be capability for the server to increase or decease someone's voice quality like that. Additionally, I wouldn't want varying voice qualities even if it was possible. Not everyone that plays has the best microphone to begin with, so making the quality worse on something that's already bad would make it so people cant even be understood in game.