Jonny D

MitchH - Carter Allen (FearRP Appeal)

Account name: MitchH
Character name(s): Carter Allen

Admin who issued punishment: Bakmeel
Date of punishment: 1/5/19
Punishment received: Warning

Reason given for punishment:
From what I see the demands was clear when the other guy repeated them to you to get out of the vehicle. Once getting out of the vehicle you should follow all demands and not touch your radio or anything else as this shows no fear for your life. Thus actually meaning you broke the Fear RP rule. Once you touched your radio they had every right to shoot as you didn't follow demands that were given.

Your explanation of what happened:

First looking what the staff member said "Once you touched your radio they had every right to shoot as you didn't follow demands that were given.". I don't know how else to put it other than this simply is an untrue statement. There is a video included in the post that shows the encounter and all demands that were given. In this video you can hear the only audible demand is "get out of the car". This demand was quickly followed. There for the statement "you didn't follow demands that were given." is untrue.

Moving on to why I don't think I was in violation of FearRP. The Player refused to listen when advised that I could not hear him. He then continued with the robbery with me being unable to hear him.

FearRP was issued to me because I pressed the panic alarm with guns drawn. When I pressed the button, the only demands issues to me were get out of the car, which I quickly complied. Therefor all demands were followed and I am in compliance of the fear RP rule. As is seen in the video no other demands can be heard or are audible.

Now onto the pressing the panic button. At this point ICly I don't know what is going on as the only thing that was communicated is for me to get out of the car. It is a safe assumption that I am getting robbed or taken hostage, but at this point it is only an assumption as nothing was announced. Next all they ICly see is me pressing a button on my radio. In order for them to know that I am doing something threatening like calling for backup, they would need to have prior knowledge of how the PD radio works in order to know that I am pressing my panic button, which I ICly assume them not to know at this point. For all they know I could be turning my radio off. They did not make any demands that I don't move or don't touch my radio, specifically. 

As can be seen all they witness from their IC perspective is me clicking a button on my radio. Would you shoot somebody for clicking a button on their radio if you had no knowledge that it was the emergency button (which is a fair assumption)? Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't. I would wager that a non zero amount of people would not. That is why I feel I was not in violation of the fearRP rule. The action I did was non threatening to the average unknowing citizen who does not know what an emergency button is, and therefor I did not ICly feel fear that these men were going to end my life if I pressed it. My character, Carter Allen, was hinging on the hope that they thought I was turning my radio off and/or that they simply didn't know what I was doing. All other demands were met throughout the encounter.

Why should your appeal be accepted?:
In order to have a successful robbery (and ideally have some sort of RP engagement) you are going to need to communicate (actually RP) and do more than just point your gun at somebody and hope all falls into place. We should not be favoring and encouraging low quality RP with admin punishments. This is helping to encourage an environment where actual RP is very difficult. Examples of an environment where RP is difficult: People ignoring OOC warnings that the person they are engaging with can not hear them and continuing to move forward with an RP scenario. People running around HANDS UP DON"T MOVE'ing everybody they see with no /me's /do's or any room for actual RP engagement. These types of things should be discouraged.

Post any evidence or further details:

unknown.png

Apologize for formatting. It appears the format provided does not work with google chrome, this is the only way I could get it to post.

Edited by Jonny D

Alright, Thanks for appealing a warning as such.

I will still stand by my decision with the warning for fear RP.
I did not promote bad roleplay in anyway when you decided to press your radio with two guns pointed at you showing no signs of fear.
If you are a police officer in real life with two thugs pointing a gun at you in front of your car you will do everything they say and not make one wrong movement you would get out with your hands above your head yet you reached for your radio.
Also the guy in the video says "Touch your radio and that's it".
Had you complied and not reached for your radio then they could not have shot you meaning you would not have been killed and got to drive away from the scene.
Like I said to you in discord and you quoted me a little bit above:

Well i understand your point and yes it is a low quality roleplay, But you must understand when a gun is pointed at you. You must make no sudden movements and do everything they say. Reaching for your radio in a in real life scenario could be you reaching for your gun or anything once you did that you showed no care for your own life which is why you failed Fear RP. You can always take the report to an appeal. I issued the correct punishment you can hear one guy on the video and the one guy says everything. Someone pointing a gun at you is obviously a rob and you should comply. With getting out of the vehicle you already complied to that demand of "get out the car" then you pressed your button making it so you showed no fear for your life while having two guns pointed at you.

Kind Regards
XposeD

It is not down to me to finalize your appeal so pending a Senior Admin at this stage.

Edited by ants1992

Alright thank you for your time and response. I would love for the opportunity to see what another staff members opinion is.

Also the guy in the video says "Touch your radio and that's it".

Could somebody else listen to the video and let me know if they hear this? I've listened to the video multiple times and still can't hear it.

Edited by Jonny D

Had you done the radio movements within the vehicle with the engine on, there would have been an argument for your case as fear RP does not apply to a vehicle with the engine on.

Since you did comply with the RP, which in my opinion was the right thing to do still despite you having options, once you were out of the vehicle and he mentions to not touch your radio, using the panic alarm is a direct opposite of the demands given. While I understand it was a pretty quick scenario I believe it could have been avoided.

Do you understand what I mentioned above or have any questions about it?

I understand what you have said and appreciate your time reviewing it. I still maintain the point that as a civilian he does not know that it is a panic alarm unless he obtained that knowledge previously, and thus I was taking a risk that he did not know and thus not directly breaking the fearrp rule. (All he saw was me press a button). Also the comment about the radio was inaudible to me. Nonetheless I understand your point and will respect your decision and opinion on this. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to review this!

Edited by Jonny D

Punishment will remain in place, after having asked not to reach for your radio, the knowledge of it being a panic alarm or another button/function of a radio is not relevant. Had you done the panic alarm prior to exiting the vehicle, there would be some room for it being not visible perhaps, but you did the action of reaching for your radio while in plain sight and at close range gunpoint.

Thank you for the appeal, I believe it wont be an issue in the future.

• Like 1