Paulius

First person

Should server be first person only?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Should server be first person only?

• Yes, it should be.
    • No, never.
    • We should test how it feels for one day.
    • Only when in vehicles.
    • Only when on foot.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2019 at 02:00 PM

Field of view on first person is low so it's definitely No from me. Car mirrors aren't working, the bugs that were mentioned. But the bonus would be that players won't be able to watch with 3rd person and hide behind the walls as they would have some spy equipment that they wouldn't be seen but they can see though wall. That's a problem. And it would fix the nonRP driving at like 160+ in the city. But the FOV is way too little to even try it so it is a definite NO from me.

If the game was designed with first person in mind then I'd say we should give it a shot but in reality the game doesn't really play that well in first person. Your character moves faster for no reason and is harder to control, lots of different actions are really disorienting in first person, and like others have said you can't use the rear view and side mirrors in cars in first person, so it can make driving more difficult than it needs to be. If this is being suggested to deal with people "metagaming" so to speak by using third person to look around corners or see stuff that their character shouldn't realistically be able to see I think that could be dealt with in a different way than a FPP lock. It was a good idea to ask about this but I don't think it should be implemented, for people who want to use FPP for immersion reasons the option is there, but those who don't shouldn't be forced to.