Paulius

Speed cameras

Speed cameras  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should speed cameras be implemented?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, LiveTrash said:

I think we need to look at this less in the way of "How do we implement this to avoid it being powergaming or metagaming" and more of "Let's just implement this to help cut down on the non-rp speeding through the city." Car theft is too much of a problem and is too easily done to properly implement it any other way.

Let's just have it work as simply as this; if you're speeding past a camera your character will get the ticket, regardless of what car you're driving or whether you're wearing a mask or not.

Honestly, anyone against having it implemented in that way is part of the problem and will be upset that they can't fly through the city streets anymore with little to no risk.

who cares about the driving? first off speeds aren’t ruining the city, when there’s literlalt crime at every corner. once the crime #’s literallt drop, speeding should be the last of the concerns for PD.

I keep seeing this term "non-RP driving".

How is it non-RP driving? Street racers exist, it happens, and yeah, they go a bit fast...nothing sounds abnormal about this, nor does it even sound like an issue really. Like I said earlier though, if it IS going to pass, it should NOT be automated. Can you be a criminal or not? We have crime organizations in this game, and racing crews are a thing.

17 minutes ago, phobophage said:

I keep seeing this term "non-RP driving".

How is it non-RP driving? Street racers exist, it happens, and yeah, they go a bit fast...nothing sounds abnormal about this, nor does it even sound like an issue really. Like I said earlier though, if it IS going to pass, it should NOT be automated. Can you be a criminal or not? We have crime organizations in this game, and racing crews are a thing.

or driving 150 kph into 10 parked cars at the bank and then a bike blowing up killing 5 I am gessing that is ok also then.

1 hour ago, Tylergo20 said:

or driving 150 kph into 10 parked cars at the bank and then a bike blowing up killing 5 I am gessing that is ok also then.

OFC it isn't OK, but that is an entirely different crime than what we are discussing in this thread. We are talking about speed cameras, and therefore the crime of speeding. What you just brought up is property damage, reckless endangerment, manslaughter/murder, etc. To say nothing of the server NCZ rules.

3 minutes ago, phobophage said:

OFC it isn't OK, but that is an entirely different crime than what we are discussing in this thread. We are talking about speed cameras, and therefore the crime of speeding. What you just brought up is property damage, reckless endangerment, manslaughter/murder, etc. To say nothing of the server NCZ rules.

my point speed camera would make people slow down and respect there stuff. they would of got a ticket for speeding. making people realize oh I'm gonna speed I may get a fine. 

1 minute ago, Tylergo20 said:

my point speed camera would make people slow down and respect there stuff. they would of got a ticket for speeding. making people realize oh I'm gonna speed I may get a fine. 

It's blowing up your house to get rid of a spider...one thing that is not THAT big an issue does NOT need to be taken to an automated server-breaking-its-own-powergaming-rules level of response just because SOME people MIGHT take it further...it's the slippery slope argument, when and IF it becomes vehicular assault, manslaughter, whatever is when those actions should be punished, not before, not "just in case". It breaks peoples RP on both sides of the law as well, no bueno for this kinda server.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:03 AM, phobophage said:

It's blowing up your house to get rid of a spider...one thing that is not THAT big an issue does NOT need to be taken to an automated server-breaking-its-own-powergaming-rules level of response just because SOME people MIGHT take it further...it's the slippery slope argument, when and IF it becomes vehicular assault, manslaughter, whatever is when those actions should be punished, not before, not "just in case". It breaks peoples RP on both sides of the law as well, no bueno for this kinda server.

So i am taking it you go 100 kph in school zones when kids are crossing the street, Or drive 100 kph though a intersection and hope no traffic in your way?

8 hours ago, Hilbert said:

Never seen that kind of cameras.

I'm sure you dont drive then.

"When the light is red, sensors that are embedded under each lane of traffictrigger the camera when a vehicle drives over the stop line. Then, the camerasnaps a photo of the vehicle's rear licence plate"

8 hours ago, Xypint said:

I'm sure you dont drive then.

"When the light is red, sensors that are embedded under each lane of traffictrigger the camera when a vehicle drives over the stop line. Then, the camerasnaps a photo of the vehicle's rear licence plate"

Actually I'm European where there must be License plate also in front. Expect for Mopeds and Motorcycles. So stop talking about my driving. 

Well if we are going based of Geography on where cameras are at or not. In Los Santos (Aka Los Angeles), Speed Traps and Speed Cameras are Banned as Speed Traps were deemed unlawful and the cameras endangered others due to the camera flash temporarily blinding them or startling them (Potentially causing accidents).

But if we are just adding speed cameras in just because "DONT SPEED EVER!" then idk *Shrug*

Edited by Nubbsauce

10 minutes ago, Hilbert said:

Actually I'm European where there must be License plate also in front. Expect for Mopeds and Motorcycles. So stop talking about my driving. 

Actually im from NY where there musy be License plat also in front also. Including mopeds and motorcylces. Yet cameras still capture rear plates. Might wanna check again how well you know the road.

Just now, Xypint said:

Actually im from NY where there musy be License plat also in front also. Including mopeds and motorcylces. Yet cameras still capture rear plates. Might wanna check again how well you know the road.

California also requires front and back plates. However, Camera's and Speed Traps are banned sooo any pictures taken are automatically voided

32 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

California also requires front and back plates. However, Camera's and Speed Traps are banned sooo any pictures taken are automatically voided

Yes, several cameras are being decomissioned in NY due to people slamming brakes near them and colliding.

2 hours ago, Nubbsauce said:

Well if we are going based of Geography on where cameras are at or not. In Los Santos (Aka Los Angeles), Speed Traps and Speed Cameras are Banned as Speed Traps were deemed unlawful and the cameras endangered others due to the camera flash temporarily blinding them or startling them (Potentially causing accidents).

But if we are just adding speed cameras in just because "DONT SPEED EVER!" then idk *Shrug*

actually in Canada on the 407 toll roads they take photo of front and back of the car and no flashes. and if you are at night they can clearly see it properly also if 1 of your 2 plates are covered they will send you a ticket for the toll road and a ticket for obstructing your plate. people put the covers on them to hide it but they can see it easier that way. also they can identify who was the driver of the car at the time of snap shot also. and if you were speeding or not. 

2 hours ago, Tylergo20 said:

actually in Canada on the 407 toll roads they take photo of front and back of the car and no flashes. and if you are at night they can clearly see it properly also if 1 of your 2 plates are covered they will send you a ticket for the toll road and a ticket for obstructing your plate. people put the covers on them to hide it but they can see it easier that way. also they can identify who was the driver of the car at the time of snap shot also. and if you were speeding or not. 

Well in Abu Dhabi, radars were implemented that can measure the level of noise coming from a car to discourage those who accelerate ostentatiously. It also identifies the drivers who modify their cars in a way that causes disturbance to other residents.

15 hours ago, Xypint said:

I do know the road. I just haven't been in fucking NY. Might wanna check again how well you know Europe.