Paulius

Speed cameras

Speed cameras  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should speed cameras be implemented?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, ElisabethC said:

An exception for emergency vehicles would be nice. Priority at the hotspots for a trial period (e.g.the MD slope), and see how it goes from there.

12 minutes ago, F@therOsborn said:

I voted yes. 

The extent of careless driving is too great, coming from all sides. I spent the last few days focusing on traffic enforcement and it's just a common thing, you pull one vehicle over and you'll have 5-6 vehicles drive past you during the traffic stop all doing 160+. Hopefully, speed cameras will deter this and support a more realistic traffic environment.

100% agreee with both of these comments. 

2 minutes ago, Com783 said:

Only the driver should be punished with their (ID) when they are speeding.

Got one question for ya. What are we going to do when players switch up their cars with other players to prevent this?

EDIT: Read it wrong

Edited by PolarBlunk

i vote no, because there is currently no counter play to the police scanning a license plate and arresting you ( Besides not seeing a police officer )
for me the PD already has a lot of tools to combat all kinds of small crimes like speeding and illegal parking and by giving the public ( criminal law breaking scum ) no counter play to these tools it tips the balance even further towards the already overpowered PD.
If there would be things like license plate changing, blowing up speed cameras ( with costs to the PD to replace them ) or other simular things it will be okay. But speed camaras as a stand alone thing. No

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, verydoge12 said:

This.

It happened to me multiple times when my car was stolen and I reported it to the police and because they were speeding I had to pay the tickets and even got wanted once

I'm sure if you call the police and report it stolen, they could void the tickets in that time period the vehicle has been stolen. But if you reported it afterwards well then... Just like in real life.

I am ok with this if instead of having a call, we as PD go up to the cameras and use a command like "/checkspeeding" and it gives us a list like...

"BRAWLER - [LICENSE PLATE] - SPEED - DAY/MMM/YEAR"

If there was a call that led us to a camera I think it would be too spammy like when CCTV calls originally came out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BroskiBen said:

I am ok with this if instead of having a call, we as PD go up to the cameras and use a command like "/checkspeeding" and it gives us a list like...

"BRAWLER - [LICENSE PLATE] - SPEED - DAY/MMM/YEAR"

If there was a call that led us to a camera I think it would be too spammy like when CCTV calls originally came out.

in real life cops dont go up to a speed camara and check it lol. it's usually done by a third party company who gets the information sent automatically to a database then reviewed from an office

2 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

HEY EVERYONE LISTEN !!!!!

Before you vote ,you need to ask:

How will speed cameras work?

What will be the consequences?

What will be the speed limit?

Yeah for real, everyone is voting yes and there is no information on how this will even work, thats why i voted for now

8 minutes ago, Nick_Smokerson said:

I'm sure if you call the police and report it stolen, they could void the tickets in that time period the vehicle has been stolen. But if you reported it afterwards well then... Just like in real life.

In real life we dont go around shooting eachother because we are in a argument. So just because it happens in real life doesnt really hold up here. When thinking of a new game mechanic you have to think about the follow things. Are there more important things you need to focus on? If no, will it be fun? If yes, will it have counter play? If yes, sure go ahead

8 minutes ago, Andor said:

i vote no, because there is currently no counter play to the police scanning a license plate and arresting you ( Besides not seeing a police officer )
for me the PD already has a lot of tools to combat all kinds of small crimes like speeding and illegal parking and by giving the public ( criminal law breaking scum ) no counter play to these tools it tips the balance even further towards the already overpowered PD.
If there would be things like license plate changing, blowing up speed cameras ( with costs to the PD to replace them ) or other simular things it will be okay. But speed camaras as a stand alone thing. No

If you could destroy the speed cameras, people would do it all the time, and I doubt most would roleplay any of it ( or it would prob be basic handup lvl of rp )
You speak of the PD being overpowered, but I most strongly disagree.
Firstly, they are a government agencies that have close to unlimited resources. In reality, most police departments have the same problem, that PD is experiencing. They are heavily out numbered to the criminals. You're not supposed to be equally as good as the cops, that would be ridiculous. Instead, as a criminal, you need to use your head to outsmart the cops. They got better weapons than you? Lure them into a trap. They got a faster car than yours? Get better at taking tight turns and out run them. They got speed cameras up? Avoid them, or get a scrapyard car. Or just comply with the speed limit.

This is about creating a realistic server, not about equalizing criminals chances to beat the cop in a 1v1.

4 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

If you could destroy the speed cameras, people would do it all the time, and I doubt most would roleplay any of it ( or it would prob be basic handup lvl of rp )
You speak of the PD being overpowered, but I most strongly disagree.
Firstly, they are a government agencies that have close to unlimited resources. In reality, most police departments have the same problem, that PD is experiencing. They are heavily out numbered to the criminals. You're not supposed to be equally as good as the cops, that would be ridiculous. Instead, as a criminal, you need to use your head to outsmart the cops. They got better weapons than you? Lure them into a trap. They got a faster car than yours? Get better at taking tight turns and out run them. They got speed cameras up? Avoid them, or get a scrapyard car. Or just comply with the speed limit.

This is about creating a realistic server, not about equalizing criminals chances to beat the cop in a 1v1.

People destroy speed cameras all the time where I live, hell they blow them up, drill a hole in the side and fill it up with expanding foam crushing everything inside, sawing the entire thing in half, putting oil on the lens so they cant take pictures properly, hell i saw videos of 12 year olds using baseball bats to beat the shit out of it for a afternoon.

About cops not being overpowered. Well, normally cops are not going to go into a party with armed criminals with 4 normal on duty officers and try to arrest people. That alone should proof they are over powered. If you want to go into detail lets not do it here

Edited by Andor

I voted no. Before a poll like this is done, there should be more information on how they would be implemented. 

It's nice and all to get people .02 with votes, but if people vote yes with literally 0 information on how they would work, once the poll is finished it could be put into the server in a way most people would have disagreed with.

would they be at set locations around the city or literally everywhere on the map?? would there be counterplay (i.e being able to buy a pricy item that blacks out your plate)? would it just notify the police on where those speeding are located, or would it automatically just bill you, and if it just automatically bills the vehicle owner, then what about those who steal vehicles, they can now just do that to get a massive bill to it's owner. Is it a flat $ per/kmph over? is it based off of a % you have in your bank?

I think making a poll without elaboration how it would work on the founder's part is a little bit irresponsible because we have literally 0 information on how they would be implemented

Just now, Andor said:

People destroy speed cameras all the time where I live, hell they blow them up, drill a hole in the side and fill it up with expanding foam crushing everything inside, sawing the entire thing in half, putting oil on the lens so they cant take pictures properly, hell i saw videos of 12 year olds using baseball bats to beat the shit out of it for a afternoon

Okay, it honestly sound like you're from a lawless city, or maybe just live in a criminal area.
In my country, the police heavily enforce traffic regulations, and we have speed traps all over the country.
You know how most people who speed, avoid these cameras? 
They get an app that state where the cameras are, so they slow down right before the cameras as to not get a ticket.

^^ That is how you should 'avoid' the cameras.
Not putting them up because some criminals doesn't find it " fair " is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Also forgot to mention how would this effect jobs that are based off of distance traveled and not straight salary? (i.e trucker, delivery driver, etc?) right now there is no incentive to follow traffic laws as being one of those employees because its based on distance traveled, so why take 30minutes following speed limits when 15 would get you there faster, and in turn make you more money? if the pay is adjusted and its implemented in a reasonable manner, i can see this working potentially. But as of now without more information, i just think its silly to put up a poll.