Denni

Lifeinvader ((Strictly only IC website & phone app))

Just an update on Lifeinvader; please read below.

My next step is to contact founders and (higher) staff regarding this. Lifeinvader has (as of today) been registered as a business and registration has been accepted with a certificate in place.

However, I have a few hurdles in place as listed below; your support is really important from this stage as I'd love to see this go ahead.

- Currently, I need permission from Ballin, NBDY (etc.) to open up the website to the public so that it isn't classed as metagaming; as per advice from support staff etc. 
- I am now trying to get the Lifeinvader building in place for Lifeinvader. I have been told by Harmdone that it wouldn't make much sense; I do not understand why and I am still chasing on this.

The staff have been good about this so far, however I am trying my best to try get this out there as I know many of you would genuinely like to see this too. I am a firm believer in the fact that this would bring a hell of a lot of RP opportunities for all involved. 

You can view the live site (registration is disabled, but some are registered to help me test it OOCly) at https://www.life-invader.com 

What can you do? Spread the word. Get it out there and please show your support here.

Thanks,
Denni

EDIT: I have contacted Nobody, Osvaldon, Harmdone, Ballin, Toony, Lewis and FatherOsborn to request approval. I don't know if I am allowed to share the message, so for now, I will not be sharing it publicly. It sets out the hopes and dreams etc. I hope to hear from them soon!

Edited by Denni
  • Like 2

Hi all, one final and last update on Lifeinvader. Unfortunately, it is not a positive outcome for Lifeinvader (at least not the one I made).

I sent a message last night to Nobody, Osvaldon, Harmdone, Ballin, toony, Lewis and FatherOsborn. I outlined features for Lifeinvader, what possibilities it could provide and asked if it would be allowed to be ran as an IC business. Unfortunately, unless I was willing to hand over all files and transfer all rights over to ECRP due to security reasons then I would not be allowed to do it. 

Following that, I asked where that would leave me. As ICly I would want to run it and still OOCly make changes; as I have certain ideas for it etc. However, I was told that other businesses who have websites all run on ECRP servers; something I personally don't feel that they are. But, we're not playing the blame game here; I'm just updating those who are following this thread. 

I was told that I would still be the creator and most likely leader. However, obviously if any misconduct took place then I would be replaced; fair enough. But there was no guarantee that I'd be the leader; which I would want to be. 

To conclude, this "venture" has always been, for me, to allow a little more role-play in to the community. However, myself and the staff team that responded do not seem to be able to meet at a middle ground. I stated that anyone could just F12 and see all source-code, therefore all security could be seen. However, I do understand the staff teams concerns; so that is why I am not going to be pursuing this any further as I am not comfortable just giving my many weeks worth of hard work away without any guarantees on my RP or ownership/leadership with my Lifeinvader character and obviously they are concerned for security; which completely makes sense.

So, I wish the staff team and ECRP the best in finding an alternative.

Many thanks,

Denni

((I haven't shared the messages publicly, I am sure staff wouldn't mind but if you want to see them feel free to ask.))

Edited by Denni
  • Like 1