Denni

"Hands up this is a rob" mentality...

1 hour ago, nateX said:

Also this "this is hrob" mentality makes the game look like GTA Online in a way, as people only focus on getting more money, more weapons rather than just roleplay. They see the main goal of the server as getting money, which is also an issue. 

To be fair, thats how you play most games these days, you grind for currency to buy better gear or transportation. 

I see a lot of people driving around in fast sports car, which is completely fine, but I just wonder how many people actually roleplay that they saved up for said car, or if it even match their playstyle. ( Sure you can be a criminal with a nice car, but is it realistic to drive around in a super fast, top modded sport car, if all you do is just rob random people? )

Would be nice to see people putting more time into their character, truly developing it.

It's just a vicious cycle which can only be forcefully changed stopped.  Civilians are too afraid to do anything or comply with anyone if they already know that even if they cooperate they getting shot 5 out of 6 times. 

- Consiquences make people more careful which makes me beg the question what are the consiquences for hands up this a robbery every 10 minutes anywhere in the city.

-  Civil RP is always about people creating circles and making their own RP  scenarios more or less.

- Scripts do make for more fancy of an expirence so I guess that might help. 

- New players need some sort of a trailer for the server in which safer zones are emphasized by showing that these areas are safer and inhabited by passive roleplay (which can be then supported by scripts for activities there). Because places which seem somewhat safer.

Take all this with grain of salt since I'm not very accommodated with this community yet. But have already experienced this mentality described by op.

like to be frank but whats the point of Hands up your getting robbed I am driving a Transport all I may have is a radio, a wiski, and a sub. like really if your that hard on cash that you half to rob someone that is on a job. get out of my way. and talking at 120 kph has to stop unless your in the same car. like i got a car to car transmitter that can hear you. why cant they just follow the truck and wait for it to stop like normal robbers do. they are not going to rob you on the side of hiways. they going to wait till your in a place by your self so they can pounce on you. there should be more rules layed out for criminals. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tylergo20 said:

like to be frank but whats the point of Hands up your getting robbed I am driving a Transport all I may have is a radio, a wiski, and a sub. like really if your that hard on cash that you half to rob someone that is on a job. get out of my way. and talking at 120 kph has to stop unless your in the same car. like i got a car to car transmitter that can hear you. why cant they just follow the truck and wait for it to stop like normal robbers do. they are not going to rob you on the side of hiways. they going to wait till your in a place by your self so they can pounce on you. there should be more rules layed out for criminals. 

They forget that robbing you at 130KPH is unrealistic. Shouting out of their cars... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tylergo20 said:

I see that there is auto things that server sends out to all players maybe that can be something that is added to the list like Hey (name of player) reminder when driving you can not talk to other cars unless stopped.

That's not a bad idea!

As I recently ck'd my criminal character that I played for 3 months and transferred to SADOC, its an eye opener about the true RP levels of people on this server, about 80% of the people we process into the prison either don't RP properly cuz they are OOC mad and they will just go to /b and complain at everything, or they will RP too much and drag it on. By that I mean purposely diving into every single small detail they can to make it drag on as long as possible, while still going to /b's when confronted. It's a breath of fresh air not having to deal with robberies as much. But the lack of RP skill across the board is crazy. My main pet peeve is the OOC chat more than IC cuz they are not getting their way. It needs to stop.

• Like 1

Yea it hard to do some kind a roleplay with someone because only what you see and get is ''Handsup now now now or I will kill you '' and they are not even giving you a time to respond .  The way how they are running toward you and cleaning out your Inventory its so Non-RP .  With out any RP or something els just cleaning out and running away and only what hear was '' hahahaha '' 

Its Stupid .. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Yea it hard to do some kind a roleplay with someone because only what you see and get is ''Handsup now now now or I will kill you '' and they are not even giving you a time to respond .  The way how they are running toward you and cleaning out your Inventory its so Non-RP .  With out any RP or something els just cleaning out and running away and only what hear was '' hahahaha '' 

Its Stupid .. 

This morning I had a lovely experience. One guy using our OOC discussion to vendetta against me because he Fail RP first and then came back a second time! 

51 minutes ago, M_T said:

I guess I'll throw in my opinion as well.

I guess I'll throw in my opinion in as well.I left the server a good while ago because I felt like RP had gotten really bad to the point where doing /Me's was something a lot of players didn't even consider. I once again joined the server just to see what had became of it, and I am sad to say it has only gotten worse. It's hard to say who you should hold accountable for this, you can't blame the admins because they are not all seeing, you definitely can't blame the Developers. The Devs here on this server are nothing short of amazing, I don't enough people give them cred for that, but I am getting side tracked. I am not going to expect this server to have the same in level of Roleplay as different servers I am on like, SAMP Servers like LSRP. Now I am not going to mention any GTA V servers because I don't want to risk people seeing it as "Advertisement". Now, I'm going to highlight the issues I believe are creating this environment.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Issues

✯ There's nothing rewarding about being a civilian.

✯ The "Quiz" to get in is way to easy.

✯ People only RP for money's sake.

✯ Lack of /Me's and /Do's.

✯ Lack of none Government Roleplay Jobs.

✯ To many Scripted Jobs.

✯ People are not afraid to die.

✯ You don't risk little to nothing when dying.

Not enough for petty criminals do.

No Roleplay owned business.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wish I could tell you everything that would fix these issues, but sadly I can't. I believe that the server as a whole is too focused on money. Players seem to believe that they'll only get good RP if they have stacks and stacks of money. One part of the issue is the player base itself, a lot of players are great, but when most of those players can't roleplay it creates an issue. The lack of Roleplay jobs you can do without writing out an Application are little to none and I think this also creates and issue, this is one of the things that has made this server into cops and robbers, it's either or and basically no in-between. Eclipse RP is turning into GTA V Online.

I am aware I made some points that have been made previously in this thread.

When the incentive is money, people WILL ALWAYS look for the best way to make money. If someone who's doing braindead driving around is rewarded more then someone who's willing to spend hours as example at the bar counter RPing lines upon lines with his customers and actually showing signs of intelligence than what's the point. I could do that day in and out if it was rewarded but when it purely becomes Passive RP for the sake of passive RP it gets dull. It makes some money, but you might end up paying so you could properly RP and that will end up irritating.

As long as people are fearless about their deaths it will be taken lightly without second thought but if you're gonna tell that any encounter in which you character is fatally wounded might end up as character kill for good in which he is deleted from IC universe that might hit the criminal side hard. But that might hit the playerbase hard as well as everyone playing for "fun" will leave. Keep in mind that consequences are the only thing that keeps crime in check and if there aren't any real ones then nothing will change. This will make criminals make their crimes much more elaborate and interesting. The only problem with this is that these scenarios would and will require intervention from staff team.

And that's what this server seems to be aiming for which is automated scripts which are abused rather than one on one roleplay or supervised roleplay with rewards based on roleplay performed. Don't get me wrong there are scripts that make a life much more easier and roleplay is dynamic but that makes it so it can be abused.

For a community with 100 - 200 players at peak times, it's really missed opportunity to see that Government and Businesses is not yet handled by talented roleplayers.

And what's with everyone in their mother having a gun. I sure hope they are not bought in Ammunations and then left untraced when crimes are commited. Because judging by people I encounter this way I sure hope criminal organizations with resources aren't the ones handing weapons left and right to these apes.

Edited by McCatalyst

1 minute ago, Denni said:

This morning I had a lovely experience. One guy using our OOC discussion to vendetta against me because he Fail RP first and then came back a second time! 

Yea just like you and other say its not the server but its the people and how they are showing they XP of Roleplay . Like I'm really trying to do it but still there is someone who just want  Chiri Chiri bang bang and that's it 

1 minute ago, M_T said:

@McCatalyst

What I suggest is done about the deaths being a minor inconvenience to people is to implement a system where one party if they have a valid reason enough can force CK someone, this would also add chances for Loan Sharks, and proper beef where the other party doesn't just respawn. Imagine how immersive a gang war would be if the other gang is trying to execute the leader of the rival gang. I believe that a system like this would also prevent people from starting gang wars for stupid reasons that quite frankly, are dumb.

Character killing should always stay the choice of the characters owner. Sorry. I do know where you're coming from though.

42 minutes ago, Denni said:

Character killing should always stay the choice of the characters owner. Sorry. I do know where you're coming from though.

There are no situation where it's truly forced. It is his choice directly or indirectly to make wrong choices for his character that leads to his death.

10 minutes ago, M_T said:

Here's the issue with letting CKing be a choice at all times, it destroys RP. I'll give you two scenarios, these scenarios will begin by showing how it is currently VS how I think it should be with the forced CK.

Currently

➸ Besus_Shrist takes a large loan from a loan shark, Besus refuses to pay it back. Loan shark finds and kills Besus, Besus Respawns and acts like nothing happened.

➸ Uarack_Cobama has a shoot out with the police where he kills 12 cops. Urack gets 120 Months jail time (2 Hours OOCly) and then proceeds to be a free man.

What it should be.

➸ Besus_Shrist takes a large loan from a loan shark, Besus refuses to pay it back. Loan shark finds Besus and excutes him, Besus gets CKed and faces the consequences for not paying the loan shark back the money he owed.

➸ Uarack_Cobama has a shoot out with the police where he kills 12 cops. Urack gets life time in prison or the Electric chair, he will never be a free man.

This is once again just my opinion, but I do see it as a huge issue that actions never have any consequences on Eclipse, doesn't matter if you crashed your car you can just keep driving it without RPing a squat, oh you started trouble with a gang? Well you just get killed and then wait 5 minutes to respawn and avoid anyform of proper consequence. People who example pick to RP criminals need to be able to face the consequence of a forced CK due to their actions, it puts them on edge, something which makes the roleplay more true to real life. Criminals live on the edge.

You don't need to share my views, but I do believe that forcing people to take consequences will make people weary of their decisions.

When put like this; I do agree more so. I think if someone does as you said; killing 12 cops etc. it should be a harsher punishment than just 120 minutes. Too many people commit too many crimes and will happily sit AFK for 2 hours.

This is the main reason I'm annoyed with the state of Criminal RP. Personally, I never rob someone without an IC reason. It gives the mugging more meaning and makes the RP more interesting rather than. /s HEY! /S GENG? /S HANDS UP DIS ROB 5 SEC OR DIE!.

I have been RPing Grove recently and I have been trying to keep the RP good. it's hard when you constantly get targeted with driveby mug on sights while you are just trying to do proper RP. It's gotten bad enough that. I sometimes consider just going out with nothing but a radio.

also, another thing that pisses me off is people that rob you in broad daylight or in the middle of a public street... 

Like, even though no one is around. Realistically there are multiple witnesses watching you mug me in the parking lot beside PD/MD. The worst one was when I got mugged beside the cloth shop near PD... What's so hard about, luring someone behind a dark alley or something.

For a new player, this mentality is what ruins the new player base. If you get mugged and lose 3-4k of value, what's stopping you from doing the same?

My Grove RP is not perfect, But I'm still doing my best to give it more depth and make it fair for the players around me.

Also NO. I don't want mugging rules to be changed. Just my side of how I think the whole system is.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, KalleKid said:

This is the main reason I'm annoyed with the state of Criminal RP. Personally, I never rob someone without an IC reason. It gives the mugging more meaning and makes the RP more interesting rather than. /s HEY! /S GENG? /S HANDS UP DIS ROB 5 SEC OR DIE!.

I have been RPing Grove recently and I have been trying to keep the RP good. it's hard when you constantly get targeted with driveby mug on sights while you are just trying to do proper RP. It's gotten bad enough that. I sometimes consider just going out with nothing but a radio.

also, another thing that pisses me off is people that rob you in broad daylight or in the middle of a public street... 

Like, even though no one is around. Realistically there are multiple witnesses watching you mug me in the parking lot beside PD/MD. The worst one was when I got mugged beside the cloth shop near PD... What's so hard about, luring someone behind a dark alley or something.

For a new player, this mentality is what ruins the new player base. If you get mugged and lose 3-4k of value, what's stopping you from doing the same?

My Grove RP is not perfect, But I'm still doing my best to give it more depth and make it fair for the players around me.

Also NO. I don't want mugging rules to be changed. Just my side of how I think the whole system is.

+1. Everything you said. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clickclack said:

The server feels like a bandit looting and deathmatch mode, not even a single interaction of roleplay. They would just shout at you "Hands up" or "Pullover" like wtf it's getting toxic and it infects new players.

It's a shame. But, seems some are getting deported.

50 minutes ago, clickclack said:

The server feels like a bandit looting and deathmatch mode, not even a single interaction of roleplay. They would just shout at you "Hands up" or "Pullover" like wtf it's getting toxic and it infects new players.

48 minutes ago, Denni said:

It's a shame. But, seems some are getting deported.

Its not happening fast enough. I am ok with being robed. its a wast of there time. but Roleplay it properly. just now i was at gas station and the guy just randomly shoots at the back of my tanker. and in /o i said really. then they respond ya he is a idiot, next thing I knew 4 min later he is back at me and tells me to get out and nothing shoots me in head. I am fed up with the lack of this role play. for the 5 or 6 people that I do meat in this game are nice there is 15 people that what to kill me just becasue I have a red shirt on. Like wow, Gang wars and gang stuff should be only in a section of map and not at a place were you get a job. I am sorry. there is a server on rage RP that is called (COPS and ROBERS) if that what you what to do go over there. if you gonna rob someone at least RP it properly. I am ok with new people if they have a new player tag trying to rob me because thats what they would like to be to get there rep. yes i help them RP the situations more. but not just (hand up, take shit, kill player and leave.) they have the ability to take baterie of phone take the phone. why not leave them alive so they can call the cops on you so you can engage in the cop chase. 

If this keeps going on I what to have the ability in every civilian work truck, transport, money truck, and or delivery van and taxi car, to be able to have a panic button like how 75% of company cars have tracers and panic buttons in them so the police can be dispatched and actually get the robbers,

soon I may have admin reports from me because I just feel now as a civilian I should just shoot and kill the everyone I see because they are not in a NCZ and may as well kill them before they kill me right. 

rant over

16 hours ago, M_T said:

What I suggest is done about the deaths being a minor inconvenience to people is to implement a system where one party if they have a valid reason enough can force CK someone, this would also add chances for Loan Sharks, and proper beef where the other party doesn't just respawn. Imagine how immersive a gang war would be if the other gang is trying to execute the leader of your gang. I believe that a system like this would also prevent people from starting gang wars for stupid reasons that quite frankly, are dumb.

I beleave the bleed out time should be longer for cops and medics to come actually rescue you. and if you force die or bleed out you half to be locked up in the hospital for 15-30 min. with a admin or medic staff so you can tell them what happend for your death and if it was a fail RP situation then they can investigate it. 

On 12/26/2018 at 12:52 PM, Denni said:

Go play GTA Online if you want that.

exactly, the only way to have true roleplay is to force it...so much cry baby anyway, death should be permanent and your character deleted....you could visit hes tomb for the nostalgia to

Edited by Bl0wUrFace
forgot about perma death
  • Like 1