Commander783

A Personal Review: Freelance Jobs of Eclipse Roleplay

Nice review, it also emphasize how important it is to have a well developed community so that you have plenty of stuffs to do even if solo, which unfortunately isn't quite about what's really on the streets. 

Anyways, from my experience, the coroner's job is quite rewarding if you push yourself a little bit over the comfort level. In certain situations, you have to look for bodies yourself, and it can be rewarding, considering all the loot you can find... You definitely shouldn't rely of such gifts as extra loot, but at the end of the couple hour shift (in busiest hours) you can easily collect second salary by all the items you can sell at pawn shop or use yourself (clothes, food, guns, illegal substances etc) 

Best time to work is when gangs have shootouts, but unfortunately that happens rarely lately. At such times it is easy to get 2-5 rides with full body bag trunk in short span of time, especially if you are willing to do some rp above minimal rp levels. 

Honestly Bala covered it all pretty well things like improved fishing overhaul and lift weight limit on RV's, it would get the pier and mines popping again respectively same with 2019 labs and chop shops for crims but keep NPC vehicle spawns and player owned chop shops. I miss how busy these locations used to be its so sad to see just how dead it is now the more interactions people with have with each other the more people will come back.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, apologisemeow said:

Honestly Bala covered it all pretty well things like improved fishing overhaul and lift weight limit on RV's, it would get the pier and mines popping again respectively same with 2019 labs and chop shops for crims but keep NPC vehicle spawns and player owned chop shops. I miss how busy these locations used to be its so sad to see just how dead it is now the more interactions people with have with each other the more people will come back.

Thanks meow, I just wish that the powers that be shared your endorsement of my ideas. We never needed to be so drastic in how we changed as a server over the past three years, we only needed to finetune and build on that to be successful. I do believe that getting to 350-400 players out of COVID consistently is possible again, we have everything that a server needs to thrive. Money to fund it, a loyal player-base, a consistent and trouble-free hosting situation. It's any server owners wet dream.

The best ideas for us right now, are the simple ones. It's easy to get bogged down in these convoluted systems but the beauty of Eclipse has always been it's simplicity. You don't need a manual to play here but there is enough structure where you can take what you are doing somewhat serious.

Perhaps at some point, if something miraculous happens and I can be more significantly involved, I'll go through all these freelance things and share my ideas in more depth. The threads that I've made previously have always gone down quite well.