Yputi

My concerns about this PD RP situation

Hello,

While I am sitting my time in jail I was reviewing the RP situation I had with PD... Actualy, I am slightly concerned and I was hoping to have a discussion started to maybe improve the RP.

(This is OOC, so dont use this info IC)
So here is whats up:
My character killed a stalker. She got recorded doing that and a detective started taking care of it.  We talked in theh office and got informed I was going to jail. I asked how it would go since my character is exactly 8 months pregnant now and the answer was it will be taken care off.
The detective was about to get my character in the cruise to put me in jail when someone didnt agree and held the detective gunpoint as seen here: 
e679b8fbb26ffd1d87040909572372ba_LI.thumb.jpg.3475b52dbb1e4ad2110abacd1e102033.jpg
The detetcive decided to not do what he was asked and started about saying the person holding him gunpoint will get himself killed. At the end the detective got shot down and my character (that was cuffed in the cruiser) got kidnapped by that person. An friend of that person kidnapping me hopped in too and took over the wheel.
After being chased for a while, my character got thrown out... All scraped up (as it would make sense RP-ing that) and also still cuffed. No PD around, so I decided to walk to DMV. There, my character got someone to bring her to PD. At PD I explained some officers and was about to talk with the detective from earlier again, but due to argunt OOC reasons I informed everyone I had to log. The people agreed and said I should continue the RP when comming back.
After a solid 1.5 hours I came back online and as promised I walked to the nearest officer and asked for the detective. The detective came and I did the /do that my character was all scraped up. The detectiove didnt really bother and cuffed me. After that we were about to drive to prison when all of a sudden they asked me to step out and wait infront of MD... While being cuffed...

890228982dbab3b7bf32022a011399be_LI.thumb.jpg.02d1a3a18fa91fdb4d65eb4f51018fa0.jpg

After that we started heading to prison finally... On the highway the detective did see some weird situation and thought a shootout was about to happen. The detective reversed and the 2 cops went out and started shooting, so basically involved a hurt pregnant woman in the shootout:
3cd99745c9ce3ce9055b9109033c91c1_LI.thumb.jpg.5be7ff30793b8e00d32a8cbfb29aeed4.jpg
THEN.. I finally got in prison. I did notice somethign weird though... I know this shouldnt really care, but its just something I would like to mention:
When going in jail I got mentioned I will be in there for 120 minutes and I should RP the time being in jail in a realistic way. People convert those minutes to days or months, but for my character it would mean she has to give.. birth... in jail..... As she was 8 months pregnant when heading to there... And then its hard for me to tell people afterwards I got in jail for 120 days or months...

I am really into RP and really try to do it realisicly, but in my opinion this wasnt really a good experience. I am trying to figure out why this happened, but cant seem to find any answer...

I hope to get some more opinions.

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 4

My character killed a stalker. She got recorded doing that and a detective started taking care of it.  We talked in theh office and got informed I was going to jail. I asked how it would go since my character is exactly 8 months pregnant now and the answer was it will be taken care off.
The detective was about to get my character in the cruise to put me in jail when someone didnt agree and held the detective gunpoint as seen here: 

when i report that crime that means i can make some decisions about suspect am i right?

victim is my brother so he should listen to me and do more investigation about this crime , because i accepted my brother might do something wrong

THEN.. I finally got in prison. I did notice somethign weird though... I know this shouldnt really care, but its just something I would like to mention:
When going in jail I got mentioned I will be in there for 120 minutes and I should RP the time being in jail in a realistic way. People convert those minutes to days or months, but for my character it would mean she has to give.. birth... in jail..... As she was 8 months pregnant when heading to there... And then its hard for me to tell people afterwards I got in jail for 120 days or months...

when she is pregnant officers should do some RP like keep her in her house not in prison , she cant be in prison because of her baby in her.... , but there is no such a thing in... , because officers dont like this RP.. just send people to jail

I remember when I joined Bayview (again (on my alt)) that it was mentioned they really want to see good and realistic RP so we would be a good example for gangs that want to be official... I don't really see this mindset here I have to say.

• Like 1

I had an incident where I was hanging out at bank and a car came crashing into bank injuring me all while a cop was right behind the car. I yelled for help and also told the cop who it was. I received no help officer wouldn’t even RP with me. Instead he decided to have a friendly conversation with the guy who ran me over and just let me die. 

1 minute ago, diplodorkk said:

I had an incident where I was hanging out at bank and a car came crashing into bank injuring me all while a cop was right behind the car. I yelled for help and also told the cop who it was. I received no help officer wouldn’t even RP with me. Instead he decided to have a friendly conversation with the guy who ran me over and just let me die. 

This actually reminds me of a situation I had on my ALT ages ago.
Me and my friend got shot by some robbers. We were injured on the beach. PD showed with 1 bike. The bike saw us, turned around and never came back. Then later some other friend called for PD and MD. PD showed up with 2 cruisers, bringing my friend in the cruiser to PD and said they will come back to pick me up, so they basically left me on the beach, dying while the suspects where still not arrested or whatever. After the 2 cruisers left the robbers came back and finished me.

Sometimes I kinda miss the value of the civillians life... Sometimes I just like... notice too much that people know you will just respawn at MD...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenx said:

The PD are just as hungry for shootouts and action as criminals are. I've also been driven to an active shootout while in the back of a cruiser.

We actually have a lot of protocol set up in place to prevent situations like this. People who get mad don't make IA reports for some reason, so nothing ever changes and the officers don't get in trouble. If you see misconduct, you need to report it, just complaining about it isn't going to help.

2 hours ago, diplodorkk said:

Make an IA report and it will be dealt with

2 hours ago, AmooRid3r said:

people joined the LSPD for heavy toys and armor

Cadet stage takes several weeks where all you have is a combat pistol. PO1 Is also a minimum of a few weeks, and again, all you have is a combat pistol. There are also internal written applications. To get access to an M4, which is "Heavy Toys" You either need to be a Sergeant which requires 4 months minimum and several long, written applications. The other two ways is to get into IB which is 3x harder than becoming a Sergeant, or joining S.W.A.T. and passing a 5 paragraph minimum application. And the armor is just realistic. There is so many ways to get results, but I've never seen a post where the criminal then follows up complaining with actually making an IA report.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd also just like to quickly point your attention to the player reports section. It seems that 95% of the reports are on criminals, so maybe look into that...

Edited by ImSuspensee
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ImSuspensee said:

We actually have a lot of protocol set up in place to prevent situations like this. People who get mad don't make IA reports for some reason, so nothing ever changes and the officers don't get in trouble. If you see misconduct, you need to report it, just complaining about it isn't going to help.

Make an IA report and it will be dealt with

Cadet stage takes several weeks where all you have is a combat pistol. PO1 Is also a minimum of a few weeks, and again, all you have is a combat pistol. There are also internal written applications. To get access to an M4, which is "Heavy Toys" You either need to be a Sergeant which requires 4 months minimum and several long, written applications. The other two ways is to get into IB which is 3x harder than becoming a Sergeant, or joining S.W.A.T. and passing a 5 paragraph minimum application. And the armor is just realistic. There is so many ways to get results, but I've never seen a post where the criminal then follows up complaining with actually making an IA report.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd also just like to quickly point your attention to the player reports section. It seems that 95% of the reports are on criminals, so maybe look into that...

Good to know there is a protocol. 
I get your point and I am not trying to be mad at someone, but shouldnt it be a standard people don't have to report? Ofcourse sometimes this is a good way to wake people up, but if its even a protocol.
Also.. I am kinda done with reports. I know this isnt an excuse, its pure my problem. Its just the fact I did a report months ago, spended hours on making it and its just simply ignored. Still no response after 3 months.

This is why I started a discussion, to get other peoples view and get to know what should happen/what we should do.

Thanks

• Like 1

I had/kinda have a report on PD in report section, but I feel it has been dealt wrong, I'm actively trying to re-open the report because it has not been dealt properly, gave extra evidence and even asked players who play as PD to help to identify the right person, but I stumble into a wall because I feel everyone is trying to cover up for each other because "Oh shit my friend is in trouble, lets find ways to cover his mistake" (thats an assumption, but thats how it feels when someone makes a report against PD). I have seen plenty of times that officers even drag the suspect together in an active shootout because of the /drag command which is unrealistic too ( dragging a cuffed person and shooting holding the gun with two hands).  People have the idea that to win vs police is practically impossible in IC and OOC level. there are people who try to start the discussion about the PD roleplay, hope we get the feedback someday about how did it go. @ImSuspensee i can hit you up with the video also and lets see if you might have means for help or no too.  

P.S. don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone is "bad roleplayer" as PD officer, I know you have to deal with a lot of new people in the server who keep breaking rules, does not react to required /me's and /do's and it frustrates you too and I am aware of that. Most of people looks into you as an example of how to roleplay, but sometimes their hopes do not get fulfilled.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't speak on behalf of the entire police force, but I've grown tired of the current status of the server, and it doesn't seem like there is anything going into helping it. To me, right now, the server is cops and robbers. There is no civilian roleplay, no job roleplay, no roleplay at all except either being in a gang or being a cop, and that isn't the players fault. With recent updates as well and the whole #NerfPD wave that seems to be more rampant than ever, I don't know what the future holds for protocols or our "RP level." People need to honestly realize that going against a police force isn't supposed to be fair. If you see S.W.A.T. you run as fast as you can. Pulling out a gun and running after an armored car full of operatives in a hakachou drag is far from something I look forward to dealing with once, yet it happens every single day.

Edited by ImSuspensee
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, ImSuspensee said:

I can't speak on behalf of the entire police force, but I've grown tired of the current status of the server, and it doesn't seem like there is anything going into helping it. To me, right now, the server is cops and robbers. There is no civilian roleplay, no job roleplay, no roleplay at all except either being in a gang or being a cop, and that isn't the players fault. With recent updates as well and the whole #NerfPD wave that seems to be more rampant than ever, I don't know what the future holds for protocols or our "RP level." People need to honestly realize that going against a police force isn't supposed to be fair. If you see S.W.A.T. you run as fast as you can. Pulling out a gun and running after an armored car full of operatives in a hakachou drag is far from something I look forward to dealing with once, yet it happens every single day.

Very true, that's why you see most of the criminals in real life either run, got involved into a car chase, and/or just surrender entirely. Hopefully in the near future we can see civilian roleplay.

okay so today I encounterd some more fun...

I got in some situation PD pulled me over for speeding. Fine, I directly pulled over. After getting a PD supervisor too, because my char was given false info earlier, the PD officer did a /me gives thhe ticket a few times. Won't say spamming, but he did it several times. Instead of taking it my char decided to ask about the false info that was given.
After a while I notified the officer the ticket wasnt given yet. He didnt do anything with that info and later I PM'ed him again. Then he said it was handeld in "the system" by the supervisor...

So besically, since I didnt take the ticket its allowed to void the whole RP of giving the ticket... but I still have to pay tickets....
I kinda compare this to something like this (maybe not best comparison, but it will do):
Me: /me takes bob's money
Me: /do succes?
Bob: /me asks about the money
Me: /me takes bob's money
Me: /do succes?
Bob: /do not yet (I ACTUALLY USED /do not yet!)
Me: /takemoney

551d3804a2a3c1dae819c4ab1f17481e.png.1e67650737f86b4da5e7181af46cd1c8.png
Also got a ticket for failure to yield, while there was said only speeding would get a ticket. I dont even have a change to get to know what the ticket was for because I just get thgose tickets virtually dumped on me :3

This was right after he "gave the ticket":

fe3b290b4321f5c9b5d06d02212a77c5_LI.jpg.bbbea0846b549ddc1dc3109468cbc566.jpg33dcdae62f71cf922a40daa32b35518c_LI.jpg.0fa90b112727f32bf71c6cfe6d0d0dc2.jpg

Imagine you have to apply at some faction later, state what things you have done where you got tickets for you have to fill in you dont even know 😕
I used to work in HR... I would think the person is lying and tries to hide it.

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 2

PD gets punished just the same as any other player on the server, they just typically don't make giant dramatic appeals they just learn from their mistakes or get discharged from the PD. If you feel a rule was broken you can make a player report and additionally you can IA report an officer IC, OOC, or both for things like IC conduct / professionalism or OOC roleplay quality. They get reviewed and discussed. 

Roleplaying pregnant / being pregnant for real does not get you out of a jail/prison sentence, for the record.

3 minutes ago, BallinByNature said:

PD gets punished just the same as any other player on the server, they just typically don't make giant dramatic appeals they just learn from their mistakes or get discharged from the PD. If you feel a rule was broken you can make a player report and additionally you can IA report an officer IC, OOC, or both for things like IC conduct / professionalism or OOC roleplay quality. They get reviewed and discussed. 

Roleplaying pregnant / being pregnant for real does not get you out of a jail/prison sentence, for the record.

I understand as people can just use that as excuse. I never had theh intention to report people are approach people directly in a bad way, that is why I removes the names and player tages. 
It's frustrating its hard to normaly talk to people if they just respond with "report me". My goal was to tell people without having to involve other instances and hopefully to let them realize what is going on.

I don't expect to be handled different... Actually, its slightly sad more people experience this like I did. PD is a hudge factor in this server and should give an example to other factions that are/wanbt to become official. 

I understand I can report those individuals for such things like FearRP or poorRP in this case (https://gyazo.com/4df3e43ae40cb2bbe8357516515e7cc8), but I am not really like that. 
I will keep it in mind though and I am glad people review this and take this serious.

• Like 1

You say: "So besically, since I didnt take the ticket its allowed to void the whole RP of giving the ticket... "

That's not necessarily true... The officer has already written this up in the car; him giving you the ticket is just a little courtesy for you to go pay it. It's already on the system, he can't take it back. Like in real life; if I ignore a ticket on my windscreen, I'll still have to pay it later on; it'll come back more expensive.

I do get your frustration but from what I can see here (and this is only my opinion) there are a few people on the server who will purposely pick at anything to try get their own way and/or get out of shit situations.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Denni said:

You say: "So besically, since I didnt take the ticket its allowed to void the whole RP of giving the ticket... "

That's not necessarily true... The officer has already written this up in the car; him giving you the ticket is just a little courtesy for you to go pay it. It's already on the system, he can't take it back. Like in real life; if I ignore a ticket on my windscreen, I'll still have to pay it later on; it'll come back more expensive.

I do get your frustration but from what I can see here (and this is only my opinion) there are a few people on the server who will purposely pick at anything to try get their own way and/or get out of shit situations.

I didn't try to get out of the situation + I didn't refuse. I even notified the person 2 times, but what I got back is that I can report him. I had a situation with the exact same officer later that he requested a mechanic, he said "good day sir", I said "Sir?!" (Cuz my char is female) and he actually responded with "let's start over"(in OOC chat). Then he walked back and kinda voided the situation for no reason without me agreeing. 

I am not trying to avoid tickets or whatever. That is even what I mentioned IC. The officer kept saying I refused, but this wasn't the case since he was even the one that drove off.

Edited by Yputi
With = without
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I didn't try to get out of the situation + I didn't refuse. I even notified the person 2 times, but what I got back is that I can report him. I had a situation with the exact same officer later that he requested a mechanic, he said "good day sir", I said "Sir?!" (Cuz my char is female) and he actually responded with "let's start over"(in OOC chat). Then he walked back and kinda voided the situation for no reason with me agreeing. 

I am not trying to avoid tickets or whatever. That is even what I mentioned IC. The officer kept saying I refused, but this wasn't the case since he was even the one that drove off.

You notified the person of what? That you don't want to pay the ticket... The officer has already processed the ticket in the car. You can either take the ticket that is printed or you don't... either way you still would have to pay. 

If the officer is clearly not role-playing properly then please do report this or even complain to the LSPD. Things ARE done about it. But at the minute, from where I'm sitting, it really does seem thst you're just trying to wiggle out of things and/or make life difficult for others. 

I don't want to argue or cause heat or tension because I don't know you or your characters so I don't have 100% of the facts but can just give my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Denni said:

You notified the person of what? That you don't want to pay the ticket... The officer has already processed the ticket in the car. You can either take the ticket that is printed or you don't... either way you still would have to pay. 

If the officer is clearly not role-playing properly then please do report this or even complain to the LSPD. Things ARE done about it. But at the minute, from where I'm sitting, it really does seem thst you're just trying to wiggle out of things and/or make life difficult for others. 

I don't want to argue or cause heat or tension because I don't know you or your characters so I don't have 100% of the facts but can just give my opinion. 

I agreed and of course scriptwise things were done, but I informed the person 2 times I didn't got the ticket yet. I didn't try to make it hard, I tried to RP. As I mentioned earlier I am not trying to report people, but I appreciate your POV. IMO it's weird I even got tickets that I never got as the PD even specified I only get speeding.

Also, the ticket wasn't the main point.

If I didn't want to pay the ticket I just could have took of as my car is way faster, but my char ain't criminal.

Edited by Yputi

4 hours ago, Yputi said:

I agreed and of course scriptwise things were done, but I informed the person 2 times I didn't got the ticket yet. I didn't try to make it hard, I tried to RP. As I mentioned earlier I am not trying to report people, but I appreciate your POV. IMO it's weird I even got tickets that I never got as the PD even specified I only get speeding.

Also, the ticket wasn't the main point.

If I didn't want to pay the ticket I just could have took of as my car is way faster, but my char ain't criminal.

How did you not have the ticket if he was role-playing giving it you? If he failed to roleplay it that is a different story.

But if he roleplayed giving you the ticket using a /me then you need to refuse using roleplay. Again though... if you refuse that can get you in more RP trouble and/or the police officer will just leave it on your car as you're being a pain and he probably has more important calls. Like real life. 

I read back and saw you were given a wrong ticket too, just go into PD and explain it was unjust and a higher up can remove it. Use the LSPD forums too for this. 

57 minutes ago, Denni said:

How did you not have the ticket if he was role-playing giving it you? If he failed to roleplay it that is a different story.

But if he roleplayed giving you the ticket using a /me then you need to refuse using roleplay. Again though... if you refuse that can get you in more RP trouble and/or the police officer will just leave it on your car as you're being a pain and he probably has more important calls. Like real life. 

I read back and saw you were given a wrong ticket too, just go into PD and explain it was unjust and a higher up can remove it. Use the LSPD forums too for this. 

I just paid the tickets and went offline to get some rest. It was only 1K though. When he did the "/me gives the ticket" and then "/do does she take it?" I used "/do not yet", because I was talking when he did that and the IC reason for that was that I didn't want to take it yet, otherwise he would just take off.
I am really glad you share your thoughts, I really am. It's just sad that when I try to figure it out with the person itself I get back: "report me if you want..." as I am trying to figure out what is going on. 

Adding to that, its really hard to just say that you got a wrong ticket, but have 0.0 info yourself....

Edited by Yputi

7 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I just paid the tickets and went offline to get some rest. It was only 1K though. When he did the "/me gives the ticket" and then "/do does she take it?" I used "/do not yet", because I was talking when he did that and the IC reason for that was that I didn't want to take it yet, otherwise he would just take off.
I am really glad you share your thoughts, I really am. It's just sad that when I try to figure it out with the person itself I get back: "report me if you want..." as I am trying to figure out what is going on. 

Adding to that, its really hard to just say that you got a wrong ticket, but have 0.0 info yourself....

I mean you need a proper role-play reason not to take it. However; he really should have role-played it with you. If you have screenshots/video of the event you can get it voided OOC and IC 🙂 just visit police forums.

6 minutes ago, Denni said:

I mean you need a proper role-play reason not to take it. However; he really should have role-played it with you. If you have screenshots/video of the event you can get it voided OOC and IC 🙂 just visit police forums.

sadly I don't hahve the full footage of that situation as I had to wait for a supervisor and my plays.yv recordfs for 5 min. I do have some small end part, but this is the reason I took it to discussions. I just want to know what to do/should have happened sintead of just reporting people. Although he didn't want to talk about it and wanted me to just report him, I am not like that.
Thank you so much.
Hope can get some opinions about the main post too...

On 12/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, lenx said:

The PD are just as hungry for shootouts and action as criminals are. I've also been driven to an active shootout while in the back of a cruiser.

Last time I helped transport you to Boilingbrook your friends were the one's shooting trying to stop us.

As a PD officer, I'd rather RP most of my interactions, whether it be investigating, talking, fighting, negotiation or debating then get into a shootout where we're most likely out manned. I have a job to do though and it's all by perception of the officer, we have rules we follow. IA is available for the citizens, more so then it seems to be IRL reportedly.

Being in prison while pregnant is not uncommon and prison systems have accommodations for these scenarios.

2 hours ago, Xoza said:

Last time I helped transport you to Boilingbrook your friends were the one's shooting trying to stop us.

Don't make false accusations. No such event happened. No one in my gang is stupid enough to shoot at the armored prison transport vehicles, especially not for me.