Curtins_MacFadden (70) - DM

Player(s) being reported: ID 70
Date of interaction reported: 09/27/2022
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1664293024
Your characters name: Allen Britto
Other player(s) involved: Daryl Neuman, Adam Payne
Specific rule(s) broken:

14. Deathmatching (DM)

Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without proper IC motive and interaction. Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police. 

Players on foot should only be attempted to be hit by a vehicle once with a valid motive.

Vehicles cannot be used as weapons in active shootouts unless where unavoidable.

Players must be able to explain their reason and provide proof of prior reasoning if requested. 

If a player informs you that your VOIP isn't working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands (/vr 1) or use text to deliver your demands and RP. 

PzJWQVX.png Punishment: Anything from an admin jail to an indefinite ban. 

How did the player break the rule(s)?
Daryl Nuemman, Adam Payne and Myself were on shift at DOC and Curtins MacFadden was standing close to us, with no interaction at all, and a few seconds before getting released without proper IC interaction or escalation he just started punching and kicking Daryl.

Evidence of rule breach: 

https://imgur.com/Z8w1szP

PENDING REVIEW
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Hi there! Thank you for submitting this player report.

This report will now be pending review by myself. During this time, we ask that you please refrain from any back-and-forth in this report between anyone involved.

Regards,
jason

PENDING RESPONSE

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• @MikeyEsteban - Allen_Britto - Please provide footage with audio uploaded to streamable or youtube.

• @Curtins - Curtins_MacFadden (70) - Please provide your justification and side of the story.

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
jason

Here is a better footage with Audo showing how Daryl ghave Curtins a Coffee because he was thirsty, then after that there was no interaction or no valid RP reason.  Out of no where he started attacking Daryl. A few seconds later he started saying goodbye which shows that he knew he was leaving so it seems like his intentions were to attack before being released.  This player has been reported before for the same type of behavior.

https://streamable.com/hoeg15

"

• @Curtins - Curtins_MacFadden (70) - Please provide your justification and side of the story."

I had been in doc since 3 days ago, i have been rping with ID 144 since i got in. I believe I enough escalation to attack this guard I have had numerous interactions with him since my sentence had started where he tased me and injured me. Even before I attacked ID 144 which is not in the reporting party's evidence I briefly mentioned our previous rp from the days before but I do not have any POV as i was not informed to save it or that a report was going to be made.

I am including additional footage of the even occurred where in the faction chat you can see that Daryl Neumman ID 114 stated that once again Curtains DMed him.  This implies that he had previously had a DM interaction with curtains that was reported to Chunder via In Game reporting system.  This type on DM ruins the RP experience for us who are here for the true RP.   I would ask that Curtins provide any proof of RP interaction that he could consider as escalation to the point where is attack is justifyable.  RP requires escalation, and the footage provided in my POV shows Daryl Neumman 114 being nice to him and providing him with food and a drink.  I dont see how a guard who is being nice to you, you would have an RP reason to attack him in that specific moment without a negative interacion or escalation.

https://streamable.com/zc28tu

PENDING RESPONSE

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• @Noctem - Daryl_Neumann - Please provide your own perspective on this situation.

• @Curtins - Curtins_MacFadden - Please provide further explanation and clarification regarding your past interactions with this player.

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
jason

Hiya!, Daryl Neumann here, my perspective of this situation I guess would start by explaining my encounters with Curtins: First time I interacted with him is when he escaped from the cellblock when I opened the door to walk out and he ran outside, I told him "What are you doing Curtins there's no exit just go back", he kept running and I stared at him until I tased him and tried to grab his arm, he then did /me complies, I started walking with him following and he punched me out of nowhere, I rolled away and dodged the second punch then tased him again, I then grabbed him again and he didn't do a /me but followed me and went back to the cellblock, after that there was another instance where the same thing happened with him doing /me complies and then punching me, but this time I dodged the second punch and punched him back which injured him, a sheriff deputy who was present asked Curtins: "Do you think you made the right decision with your rp when punching him after "complying", there was no response so we just treated Curtins and let him back in the cellblock, after this there was a few incidents where Curtins randomly assaulted guards and I had to put him in solitary, he then assaulted me once more, I cuffed him, and then he kicked me injuring me, I ignored any dm or nrp that could have been broken because I thought it was an okay rp scenario and just went with it saying "aaahh he kicked my balls", although I understand and I hope Curtins does too this is not proper DM rights nor realistic to punch people after complying or being cuffed, after this situation you can see the one that Allen has reported which was the next day, Curtins walked up to me and asked me "Should we continue where we left off" (Meaning he wants to finish killing me), and I told him "No Curtins, just do your time peacefully and you'll be out in no time!", he then asked for food and drink, I gave it to him, and I went to read some government page stuff while doing the leanrail anim next to Curtins and the other guard (Adam), I then saw on my middle monitor him randomly punching me, I tabbed back in and dodged the third punch, then punched him back and backed off with low hp letting the other guards deal with Curtins.

I do not usually report instances of this or what I consider minor nrp, there is too much rulebreaking going on at DOC to report every single one (specially with all the new players go to jail) so I let it go unless its something very major, however Curtins broke several rules and I thank the admins, Allen and Curtins himself for taking the time to go through this report, and I hope Curtins will tone down his attacks and punching while cuffed stuff because I consider him to be very fun creating good rp scenarios and making me laugh all the time (he also has a funny accent) .

Curtins_MacFadden - Please provide further explanation and clarification regarding your past interactions with this player.

Hello Curtins Macfadden here, as I said previously I had been in DOC for around three days as far as i can recall and i believe I had enough IC reason to attack this guard. In the previous days to this incident there had been numerous times where ID 144 had tased me and or injured me with a baton this lead my character to grow a strong resentment towards him, making him want to attack 144. I can't exactly describe what lead my character wanting to attack 144 as it was multiple days ago but it went along the lines of being tased and beaten by him. I would be able to show evidence and proof of what lead up to this if I was informed that the player had believed there was a rulebreak but I wasn't and feel that this report is extremely unfair towards me as I am unable to show evidence of the escalation my character has had with ID 144

REPORT DENIED

After our deliberations, we’ve concluded that this report will be denied for the following reason(s):

• Insufficient evidence of a rulebreak.

Please do not take reporting another player lightly and reserve player reports for situations that have caused severe loss or were abused for benefit. Consider if you could possibly teach this player or if you've tried to come to a resolution on your own. Reporting another player should be reserved for your final options when a rule breach has occurred.

A couple of punches followed by full compliance is simply not worth reporting another player for such a serious rule. Had there been larger consequences from this action towards those involved later on, it would be a different story, but that's not the case.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, if you post another player report pertaining to this incident, you may be muted from posting on the forums for a temporary period. If you disagree with the outcome of this report, please file an appeal following the appeal guidelines and format.

Regards,
jason