Tyrell_Lee (ID 182), Alex_Sorvanis (ID 23), Joe_Richardson (ID 22) | Fear RP

Player(s) being reported: ID 187, ID 23, ID 22
Date of interaction reported: 26/09/2022
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1664217452

Your character name: Rashad Hunter
Other player(s) involved: Immortals

Specific rule(s) broken:

13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

Fear Roleplay is the concept of showing appropriate care and concern to preserve your character's safety and life. 

How did the player break the rule(s)?  (300 words maximum)\
The Immortals gang was conducting a bank robbery at pink cage with 14 people armed inside the bank and 3 people taking up scouting position for cops. A METRO unit arrived first on scene and instead of waiting for backup as they saw 14 bikes parked outside, they dismounted and tried to initiate  some sort of attempted arrest? an additional GOB unit came and also dismounted, opening fire on the people inside the bank. This is a clear breach of FRP, those 3 officers decided to dismount their vehicle and take on a 3 V 14, completely disregarding the gigantic threat that is 14 armed bank robbers. I am not saying at all that cops should only dismount when they have an exact equal force, however when it looks like there is a force that is more than quadrupole yours you shouldn't dismount and attempt an arrest. This sort of play to win behavior does not promote an enjoyable experience for ECRP players. 
I would also like to ask the officers that decided to do this, what really was your plan once you hopped out, hands 14 people running out the bank together?

Evidence of rule breach
https://streamable.com/3ru3d4 (My pov)
https://streamable.com/ye9zis (Pasha_Xiao's POV)
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/CqRdLwMqM9is5/d1337RJ0bLIi?invite=cr-MSxFOU4sMzYwMjQxMjks (Felix_Zhang's POV)

[PENDING RESPONSES]
Thank you for your patience while this report is under review. 

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. The following player(s) will be required to provide their side of the story from this situation within the next twenty-four (24) hours:

• Tyrell_Lee [ID 182] [@GregoV1] - Please answer the following inquiry(ies) and if you have any evidence of this situation please provide it with your answer(s):
    • Please explain why you advanced on the ongoing bank robbery as you did.
      • Why did you not wait for more units to assist on scene?

• Alex_Sorvanis [ID 23] [@Alexx.] - Please answer the following inquiry(ies) and if you have any evidence of this situation please provide it with your answer(s):

• Joe_Richardson [ID 22] [@BigJeff73] - Please answer the following inquiry(ies) and if you have any evidence of this situation please provide it with your answer(s):

If the player(s) above fail to respond to this report within the next twenty-four (24) hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,

Support Staff Management

Hello ID 23 here

As it can been in the footage provided we arrived first on scene but multiple units were seconds away from us and by the time we exchange fire there are already 2 more units there to provide back up for us. We would never got out the car if we knew there were 15 people in the bank and you can see that my partner gets out the driver seat and you start shooting at him now there were 2 options for me there, 1: get out and try to exchange fire to save my partner or 2: stay in the car and get shot so of course i went with option 1 as it has higher chances of survival for my character. Now you have to remember that you are the one that instigated this and since you had 15 members as you say which is not the case because 10 members left with their bikes, you could just injure us and evade easily or just get on your bikes and leave as we would never shoot if you didn't shoot but instead 5 of you get dropped in an attempt to take us because the rest of your crew is leaving on bikes and evaded successfully from us where you 5 stay and start shooting with .50 against 2 carbines, me and ID 187 ended up staying alive because we were concentrating fire at the same target at the same time so we were able to drop you quickly without getting injured. I don't think anything was done wrong really on an OOC level, from an IC point yes we might have miscalculated the threat but if we knew 15 people were hiding inside we wouldn't approach that close we would just hold a perimeter but we counted 10 bikes outside and we were 4 people on scene in total from PD so we clearly miscalculated . We are involved in 6-7 banks per day we know how to respond to it and how to react to one but this one was just a miscalculation of the numbers that were inside which could have IC consequences on us like die at the situation.

There was no intent to act as hero cops and we thought the backup that came with us would be enough and turned out it was as at the end the ones shooting were 5 people so we were 4vs5 at the end of the day plus you can’t expect to engage SWAT and leave like nothing happened. You need to remember in situations like that we can miscalculate a situation as we have no information on it ICly and we dont know what to do or deploy until we are close to it to give the rest of the team feedback.

It was never our intention to ruin your Roleplay experience in this situation but again the hero cop thing you are talking about is not that and it’s just IC mistakes that could have ended differently if utilised correctly by your side. 

My POV has staff chat so it will be sent to Ranger.

Edited by Alexx.

[ID 187] Here:

I saw that there were a few units around the corner and I moved in and dismounted from my cruiser, and withdrew my weapon. I and my Partner (ID 23) proceeded to attempt to detain some of the individuals, as we had a couple of units there, and it seemed pretty safe to move in. Unfortunately, this turned into a gunfight with one of the people pointing a weapon at me when running out of the bank, this led me to open fire. I shot first, with my partner and other officers shooting back. I remained in a corner for cover, as that was the best I could do with the position I held. 

I think from a server rule perspective, I didn't do anything wrong and did not try to be a "hero cop" as pm'd in game. Furthermore, I got out of my car, and tried to detain people with backup right around the corner. There was clear escalation by the reporting party to open fire and that led to the shootout. ICly, I think what we did was dangerous for sure and could've had a little more food for thought at least. When we pulled up, from our position, it looked like there were about 9 bikes outside the bank, and with the officers we had outside the bank, it was a 4v9. We did not expect the 15 people like was said in the post, so we had to adapt to the situation because we cannot just sit there and take fire as that would put my character's life in more danger and result in death, so shooting back would be the best chance of survival in the situation that was handed to us.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkTRCbxFf0c

I agree with what Alexx said, he mentioned some stuff that I am not gonna mention in my post just so it isn't the same thing said. Thank you for the time and consideration that was involved with this case.

Hello ID22 Joe Richardson here, Unfortunately I don't have any POV as I was not asked to save it. I'm unsure why I am even being reported I was bugged out stuck running around in circles by the cruiser whilst my partner was shooting I could not pull my gun out or even move as can be seen in their POV  . In regards to what was said we arrive a few seconds after were there is already shots being fired and we respond with shooting back (well attempting but like I say I'm bugged and couldn't do anything or even see half of it - Logs will show this I never shot a single bullet). By time we jump out the cruiser half of them are already down and 3 units including us are on the scene with multiple units seconds away literally , loads of them fleeing on the scene. 

If anything else is needed please let me know, sorry I cant assist anymore! 

[REPORT ACCEPTED]
We would like to thank you for your patience during the duration of this report's review period.

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided to accept this report and issue the following punishment(s) to the following player(s):

Tyrell_Lee - Spoken To About Unrealistic Behavior

In the evidence provided, it can be seen that Tyrell_Lee and Alex_Sorvanis were responding to a 911 call regarding a bank being robbed (the automated call). Upon arriving at the bank, multiple bikes could be seen out-front of it, which is when Tyrell and Alex dismounted. Within a second of dismounting, the bank robbers could be seen exiting the bank in which a shootout occurred. Directly before the shootout begun, 2 other units arrived on scene to assist. During the shootout, Alex got out of the vehicle and took cover behind it, while Tyrell pushed forward to the corner of the bank to continue fighting. Following this, the scene was concluded. 

After a deep review of the evidence given, and consulting multiple senior staff members, we have come to the conclusion that the dismount was fine as there was adequate backup very close nearby and at the time it was clear outside so misjudgment may have happened ICly. However, we believe that pushing up into the group of bank robbers to be considered unrealistic, as it would have been a better decision to move backwards to use the cruiser as cover during the shootout rather than move towards people shooting to get cover. With (multiple) prior experiences, seeing multiple bikes in front of a bank normally indicates a large presence of multiple (and most likely armed) individuals. Knowing that, the best thing to do at the time would have been to push back to the vehicle to have cover whilst awaiting units to arrive or using the cover whilst partaking in the active shootout until the robbers leave. In future situations, we ask that you ensure that you make proper choices that would keep your character safe, and out of harm's way compared to compromising that.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format.

This report is now locked and archived.

Regards,

Support Staff Management